Holiday Inn International Drive

pegasusEH

Mouseketeer
We've booked to go next June with Virgin. Has anyone stayed here before? We have heard lots of people say it's a great location but what is the hotel like?

Are the restaurants any good and what are their prices like?

Hi Pegasus
We've stayed here it's a lovely hotel,cleanliness a priority to the staff, we had no complaint's whatsoever.
jean

Thanks for that. We can't wait, but have no choice.

It's our first time staying on International Drive, we have always been based in Kissimmee before but we are fairly familiar with the area.

When did you stay there?

Hi Pegasus
we stayed there 2yrs ago but my daughter stayed there last year and it was just as good.
Jean:Pinkbounc

Hi Pegasus
i forgot to say we stayed in the room's near the pool not the tower i don't know what the tower is like maybe someone who stayed in it would be able to help you.

Jean

Thanks for the info.

Where are you staying this time - I see you don't have that long to wait now. Have a great time.

Hi Pegaus

This is one of my favourite locations on I-Drive I have stayed here twice and think it's just great.

Once stayed in one of the blocks which was OK. But the second time we stayed in the tower and it was brilliant it has an atrium and is about 20 floors high - I am normally scared of heights but felt great here. The room we had was a King - and it was HUGE to say the least. The service here is good you only had to ask for something (usually more hangers for me!!) and it's there.

They have a restaurant which does breakfast and dinner but to be honest you get cheaper outside the hotel and there's lots of different choices near you from ; McDonalds and ChuckyCheese to Olive Garden (one of my particular favs) also Ponderosa across the road great buffet breakfast for $3.99 (?) and a Sizzler up the road. Walking distance to Wet n Wild which is handy and an ITrolley stop just outside to take you to Belz.

I also walked from Universal once but that was because it was a nice day with a light breeze and I fancied the excercise as if I don't get enough walking around the parks - jeeze;)

The hotel staff are very friendly and they really helped me out on my second visit when I got an abscess in my mouth.

Hope this all helps

Thanks for all the info Sam. Very glad to hear that it sounds as though we have made a good choice.

Sorry about your abscess trouble, hope it didn't spoil your holiday, I know how painful they can be.

:smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

Hi Pegasus
we are staying at the quality inn this time, we stayed at the rodeway inn in february. International drive is our favourite place although we have stayed in kissimee but didn't like it at all.
just think when we all come back you'll still have your holiday to look forward to.
Jean:p

We stayed last year and have booked again for November. Nice hotel but would recommend staying in the Tower, we were put in a poolside room first and it was not very good, moved immediately to the tower and the room was large and nicely furnished. A bit longer to go to the pool but you're on holiday, a couple of extra minutes doesn't matter!

Thanks Floridalol, what was so bad with your room that you needed to be moved?

Who did you go with? We have booked with Virgin and it's one of their flagship hotels and they claim to have use of the best rooms - I'm waiting to see exactly what this means.

:smooth: :p :smooth:

Hi pegasusEH,

Room was smallish (compared to most USA rooms), furniture had seen better days and the ceiling had water stains as if the room above had overflowed the bath. As I said we moved immediately and the Tower room was large with new furnishings.

We travelled Virgin as we always do now, the fact that Virgin say you get the best rooms doesn't really apply because we had to move rooms at the 4 Points Sheraton a couple of years ago for the same reason so the motto is if the room isn't up to standard complain immediately before you unpack, you will always get into one of the best rooms (I think hotels worldwide keep back the best rooms especially for customers who complain at the first room they are given).

The bar is nice and friendly for a drink although we didn't eat at the hotel as I feel the best eating is always in restaurants because they are trying extra hard to give you a good time so you use them again.

The pool is good, reasonable size with a nice waterfall feature and whirlpool adjacent. Watch out for the sun tan lotion lady though - she will try and relieve you of 50 dollars or so for lotions you can buy at Walgreens for $3.99!!!

Hello Pegasus.

This thread has cropped up a time or two before and the consensus of opinion always seems to be that this hotel is
a very good choice and that the tower rooms are better than
the ones out in the grounds. We stayed there a couple of
years ago and had an excellent time. As you are aware the
hotel is in a superb location with plenty of restaurants within
easy walking distance (Ponderosa, Sizzler etc) You can also
walk to Wet and Wild from here as well as Universal (at a
push!)

The rooms in the tower are much bigger than the ones in the grounds and have all the amenities you need. As a rule, we
prefer to be in the tower where there is a choice as it is usually
quieter. However we have recently returned from a last minute
cheap and cheerful trip to the Sheraton World Resort, where we
were in the resort area and found this to be no problem at all.

Hope you have a great time.
Regards
Barry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter