holiday inn family suites

stormy

Earning My Ears
I am a little lake getting reservations for Nov8-12. I couldn't get any room at disney. We needed two rooms,but I did get a kids suite at Holiday Inn Family Suites. Has anyone stayed there before? Is it conveient ? thanks

Hi, stormy:

HIFS is a remarkable hotel right down the street from Disney. I stayed there this past January and my son is STILL talking about it and he's been to the Dolphin and the Hard Rock since! Every hotel has to compare with it!

If you do a search on "HIFS" you will get tads of reviews on this board.

we stayed there with 3 kids in March the kid suites are great. they have their own room with bunk beds (a little small but perfect for my kids age 6,4, 1 1/2), a king size room for mom and dad and a living room with a pull out couch, 3 tv's and a little kitchenette with sink small fridge and a microwave. You can't cook huge dinners but small meals and snacks Plenty of room for us. The pool is great all kinds of fountains and built in water toys for the kids to play in as well as a kiddie pool. Breakfast is included and was pretty good buffet, self serve. We really enjoyed our stay we would definitely stay again and highly recommend the hotel. you will love staying there.

Hi Stormy-
I can understand your nervousness. Been there, done that. We just returned from HIFS- Ditto from the previous reponses. You'll be fine, it's a great hotel, and very close to Disney. The breakfast is decent, and we loved the pool! You'll be a-okay. Enjoy!:smooth:

Hi! to: Claudine or anyone who can answer this: We just returned form Disney HIFS last month. We are considering going again at then end of March. (02) How was the weather? Is it very crouded?
Thanks!

While we were there temperature wise was fine high 70's & 80 but we got rained out several days we were there. It would be fine in the morning and start raining by afternoon and poured the rest of the day. We had cut short the Magic Kindgom it was so bad - my kids are and my 15 mth old was tired of being buried in the stroller under a raincoat - not to mention drenched. Florida was alos in a drought last year no rain for weeks there were also the wild fires then but we came and brought the rain. The lines were not bad in Animal Kindgom we did not need Fast Pass for anything we flew on the rides on longer than 10 minutes at most - dinosaur was 20 min. At magic Kindgom the same no more than 20 minutes early in the day as the day wore on the lines got longer we waited 40 min for buzz lightyear the fast pass was for 2 hours away and we were not staying that long and my son really wanted the ride so we waited. We hit the roller coasters first early and did not wait at all. Hope this helps.

We are planning on staying at the HIFS for our trip over Thanksgiving. Will we need to rent a car or does the hotel provide a shuttle to and from the parks?

The hotel does provide a shuttle we did not use it so I don't know how often it runs. We did meet a family at the pool one evening who had taken the bus back from MGM and were on the bus for over 45 min because it made several stops.

When other posters have asked this question, the majority of responses were yes, it's best to have a car. Although HIFS is VERY close to WDW, nothing is really within walking distance, so you would be at the mercy of the shuttle schedule and HIFS restaurants. If you have a car, you can get snacks at a grocery store, eat where you choose, and go to Downtown Disney and other attractions not at the parks.

Has anyone heard of hoilday inn Nikki Bird. I think it is in or near Kissimmee. A friend is going in Oct on the Disney cruise but wanted to stay a couple of extra nights in Disney. She says the rooms are 59.00 per night and she would need it sat-mon. Any help on this would be wonderful.

thank you

Goodnighter:

The Holiday Inn Nikki Bird has been reviewed many times on this site. If you do a
search" and enter "Nikki Bird" on any board, you will get a wealth of information.

Hope that helps...

Stayed at HIFS about a year ago! LOVED IT!!! It is very close and the breakfast is good. It is a great way to fill up before hitting the parks! I love to start my day with a full stomach!!

I have also stayed at Nikki Bird. It is nice, the pools are nicely heated (we went in the winter time) Angel's is a good restaurant and I think they have a Pizza Hut right there!

Have fun!!

We stayed at HIFS in April 2000. My youngest son was quite ill one night and the staff were fabulous. They arranged new bedding at 3 am and could not have been more helpful. It really is a great place to take children. We have booked again for next March 2002 and are looking forward to it very much.
I hope you enjoy your stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter