• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Holiday House questions

Tiger926

DIS Veteran
My DH and I have used Holiday House for years now (car rentals, hotels, tickets, etc...). It used to be a better savings when the dollar was much higher, but I lam looking at this year's new brochure anyway just to compare. My TA is off today, and even though we are very familiar with this company, I have a few questions after perusing through the new brochure (2003/2004) for any of you who have just recently booked with HH, or for you TAs who book directly with them yourselves:

1. On the bottom of the website page there is a line that reads:

"Please note: A currency surcharge of approximately 3.5% will apply to all prices in this brochure at the time of booking. "

It's funny that they have added a currency surcharge now that the dollar is doing much better??? My DH the banker thinks that it's just built in profit. It's even more suspicious since every time we have booked through them, my TA has gotten off the phone only to tell us that the prices were lower than they were in brochure as HH adjusts their rates all the time. Anyone have any info on this new "currency surcharge"?

2. I was looking at the UPH info in the Florida section, and it has days and nights attached to it. More specifically on page 141 of Sunescapes brochure:

eg. 3 day/4 night stay adult $315.00 ("The duration must coincide with the number of nights that you stay at a Disney resort.")

This seems confusing to me as I know that UPH start the minute we check in, and expire on midnight on the night we check out. I am concerned that this info is misleading and might confuse people - what do you think? Am I misunderstanding something myself?

3. For anyone who has purchased or sold park hopper tickets from HH within the last few weeks - what was the price, and do they still come with a free character breakfast?

My TA hasn't received the hard copies in her office yet, and I am trying to plan our spring trip, so I am stuck with the website for now. Parts of it are updated into 2004, and parts of it are not, so if you are going to use the website, bear that in mind as you do your research. I have included the link to view the Sunescapes brochure for anyone who is interested http://www.holidayhouse.ca/brochure_sunescapes.cfm

Thanks, Tiger aka Piglet's mom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter