Holiday Haunted Mansion

eargal

Mouseketeer
I will be in Disneyland during the holiday makeover for the first time this year. Previously my just turned 5 year old would go on any ride in DL or DCA other than the Haunted Mansion and the Tower of Terror. The music and atmosphere just set him in a panic. He is a huge fan of The Nightmare Before Christmas and I am wondering if the Holiday makeover might "lighten" the experience up for him. I am most concerned about the streaching room since that is where the panic sets in. Does anyone have details about the holiday makeover?

In November my son (4) took one step into the stretching room, the music started playing and he ran out. The same creepy music does play before the doors close, so although he may have done ok in the doom buggy part, he refused to go back in. My daughter (6) thought the HMH was scarier than the original, but since she did the original only once when she was 4, I'm not sure she really remembers it!

Yep, my son when he was smaller could handle the holiday version much better then it's regular one. He was also about 4 I'd say. The screaming in the beginning, and the dude hanging was too much for him! LOL But in the holiday one it's Jack's whole huge face up there saying "Happy Holidays" or something like that. Really cool! And the ride is full of snow and such. It's still has some of it's HM features though. But we found it easier for him. Now of course he's 8 and loves either version! :) Good luck!

it's been awhile since I have ridden it, but it seemed less scary. I think if he loves the movie, he"ll love it.

Thanks everyone for your input. I think with his love of the movie (all things Tim Burton) he will probably love it if I can get him past the music in the streaching room. I'll use earplugs and maybe bribe him a little.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter