Hold on folks, 'cause this is the wildest trip on the DISboards! July 2012 *NEW 9/9*

I've never done the train! It's on the list..along with exploring the stations.:)

MickeyLuvrLauren said:
Oh you should definitely go on it, it's great!:thumbsup2

I'll have to! I've heard about 'peoples luggage' in the station, too!

Oh my goodness, I have finally made my way back on the DISboards after MONTHS! This is crazy!:eek: School has just been so stressful that I haven't even been able to think of working on this TR. I am SO sorry everyone. I figured I wanted to finish it today, because I have JUST been informed by my parents that we are booked and ready to go on a WDW vacation this July! I know that's a long while away, 193 days to be exact, but we hadn't been planning on going this year, so this made it all the more exciting. So, I want to have this TR done and out of the way so I can do our next trip's report.

Severe Trouble at the Very End

By the time we had gotten back to the WL, we were all very hungry. Since we still had some time before the Magical Express bus arrived we stopped at the Roaring Forks cafe for some lunch.

Grace and I got some delicious fettucine alfredo. I know you would think that to be odd to eat at that place, but they had it! I'm not quite sure what everyone else got though. I only focused on how YUMMY that fettucine was, OMG!:thumbsup2

Then came the trouble. Dad and Uncle Matt's phones were hooked up to the airline, so that they would receive texts. Suddenly they both got texts, saying that there was severe thunderstorms in the NE and our flight which was scheduled to leave around 6:30ish would not be leaving until 10:30 at night. WHAT!?????!!!:confused3

At first, I was excited, I mean come on we could stay in Disney longer, perhaps we could go back to MK! But it just so turned out we could ONLY take the ME bus coming around 4 pm. So great, we would just be sitting in the airport for hours and hours? Not the way I wanted to end my vacation!

We finished our lunches and headed up to the lobby to grab all of our carry-ons and sit in the big comfortable chairs to wait.

As you can see, Isabella was NOT very happy.

P1020949.jpg

We waited and waited and waited, watched some of those cute old Mickey cartoons, and soon the bus had arrived. I grabbed some coffee in my mug for the road, and we all piled on.

Goodbye WL We'll miss you!

P1020952.jpg

I saw this very pretty topiary right out in front.

P1020955.jpg

We arrived in the airport, and our gate was a MESS. It was filled with people from other flights from before. Apparantly this storm had caused quite the problem. There was a woman sitting there who had been there the ENTIRE day, because each flight she had to keep rescheduling kept getting cancelled. She couldn't even get a flight until tomorrow. Her husband had already taken her things on the flight the day before, so she had a dead cell phone that she had no charger to charge, and all her other electronic were dying. Therefore, she had NO way to contact anyone. I felt SO bad. I hope everthing worked out for her in the end, though.

Then we sat and waited some more!

P1020956.jpg

P1020958.jpg

P1020959.jpg

All of a sudden there was some miraculous change and our plane would be coming in for it's scheduled time! Thank goodness, what a miraculous change!

However, we soon saw a Southwest plane being towed away. Yup, that was ours. Great.

Around 7 a new plane arrived at our gate, and we all filed on. Then for some odd reason we had to SIT there for like an hour. So we didn't actually take off till about 8:30.

Well it was a lot earlier than 10:30! We soon arrived home, how sad! Our wonderful trip was over!

I made SO many amazing memories this trip with my family, and I'm so very glad I was able to share them with all of you! I'm so sorry I'm late with this last update. I hope all of my readers enjoyed hearing about this trip, and will read my next one when the time comes. Feel free to share any thoughts or comments below about my trip, I'd love to discuss!

Thank you!:goodvibes

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us! I enjoyed living it thru you! My trip was in November, and I am going again in October...that is still too far away

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us! I enjoyed living it thru you! My trip was in November, and I am going again in October...that is still too far away

Well I'm glad you enjoyed it! And yes I'm already WAY too excited than I should be for a trip that is so far away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter