~ HoJo's ~ UPDATE ~ WE JUST RETURNED!!! Please read post 88!!!!!

We have stayed at HoJo with and w/out the Ent. rate. For these specific reasons

1. Interior Corridors - with outside doors (for each building) that must have a room key in order to get in after 10 pm.

2. Room enough for 5 people fairly comfortably. We have used their rollaway beds and they have worked very well for 5 of us when we go. We have actually NEVER been charged for the rollaway even though we were prepared to and planning to.

3. Two different pool experiences - something for the bigger kids and something for the littler kids

4. Great Customer Service

5. Microwaves and fridges - we love to have breakfast in our room and don't mind bringing our own stuff - we just want a place to heat it up and eat it comfortably.

6. Comfortable beds - we always sleep REALLY well when we are at HoJo and have tried other area Hotels and are not as pleased with the beds and bedding and pillows as we are at HoJo

7. Walking distance, we have looked at other accommodations that are w/in walking distance and have never found any that offer the dates and prices we want that are better than HoJo. I don't know where others are looking to get such great prices at the closer places, I can never find them! :confused3

These are some of the main reasons we stay at HoJo. I do have a problem with pre-paying for our room - sometimes life happens and we don't get to go as planned. I don't want to be stuck in a situation that makes it difficult for me to get my money back, that would be the only consideration for us to choose another hotel. I love the flexibility of being able to have a reservation and plan a trip and prepare financially without being locked into anything.

We have stayed at HoJo with and w/out the Ent. rate. For these specific reasons

1. Interior Corridors - with outside doors (for each building) that must have a room key in order to get in after 10 pm.

2. Room enough for 5 people fairly comfortably. We have used their rollaway beds and they have worked very well for 5 of us when we go. We have actually NEVER been charged for the rollaway even though we were prepared to and planning to.

3. Two different pool experiences - something for the bigger kids and something for the littler kids

4. Great Customer Service

5. Microwaves and fridges - we love to have breakfast in our room and don't mind bringing our own stuff - we just want a place to heat it up and eat it comfortably.

6. Comfortable beds - we always sleep REALLY well when we are at HoJo and have tried other area Hotels and are not as pleased with the beds and bedding and pillows as we are at HoJo

7. Walking distance, we have looked at other accommodations that are w/in walking distance and have never found any that offer the dates and prices we want that are better than HoJo. I don't know where others are looking to get such great prices at the closer places, I can never find them! :confused3

These are some of the main reasons we stay at HoJo. I do have a problem with pre-paying for our room - sometimes life happens and we don't get to go as planned. I don't want to be stuck in a situation that makes it difficult for me to get my money back, that would be the only consideration for us to choose another hotel. I love the flexibility of being able to have a reservation and plan a trip and prepare financially without being locked into anything.

Except for the comments about the rollaway (we've never needed one), I agree with everything you said! We have stayed at Hojo 11 times since May 2008 and have a few visits for 2011 booked already. We have stayed with and without the ET/AP rate. Of course, I much prefer to save even more money and get that fabulous rate, but we still consider Hojo for every trip, even when the great rate isn't available. Hojo is more often than not the best value for our family the way we like to vacation and cheaper than the alternatives for the times we have gone. I don't mind trying something else once in a while, and I have had fine experiences at other places, but more often than not we end up back at Hojo. I agree the new cancellation policy on the ET/AP rooms makes me a little nervous too, but I haven't decided if it will be a major deterrent to our future bookings.

I have read so much about Hojo's being such a great place to stay with the retro/Ent rate, but it becomes mediocre and " I will stay someplace else" when the rate is not available. If it is a great hotel, it is great hotel whether people save a couple of bucks or not????

Jack

Jack, it's more than a couple bucks with the ent. rate. It's 50% off rack rate. When you are staying for more than a night, the savings really adds up.

I have to say that I have been reading this thread and I really do not understand why so many people feel that if Hojo's advertises a rate and that advertisment includes the fact that the rates are subject to availibility and may open or close without notice, that they should have to honor the rate no matter what.

OP here, :wave:

I have never stayed at HoJo's and thought I would like to try it. I saw allot of threads on here re: HoJo's both pro and con.

Anyway, I thought I would select HoJo's for my bday weekend.
After seeing on their message boards that AP discounts were for the exact date I was looking for I was happy.

When I called Anaheim, (Sat morn 1/29/11) the first question I asked Jessica was that I was looking for a standard king for Sunday, March 6th. She indicated right away that there was plenty of availability for the date I wanted. Yeah for me. I told her that I was an AP holder and wanted to get the $59.00 rate and that I was fully aware of the cancellation policy with that rate. It was then that she asked me to "hold on". When she came back on, she said, she was sorry but that the hotel did not have that rate. I then said that I was looking at that $59.00 rate on their message boards under the thread titled "We Love Our AP Holders", as we spoke. Jessica said, yes, I realize that but they were all changed this morning. (This was Saturday morn.)

On Sunday, having never had any dealings with HoJo's, is why I decided to post a thread to see if this sounded right to DISer's. It was just very confusing to me that HoJo's indicates they have plenty of availability for the date I wanted, that they have a $59.00 rate (which was still the posted rate on their message boards through 1/31/11) and to just call the Anahiem hotel and ask for in-house ressies, which I did, only to get told "sorry".

I am sorry if some people think I am complaining. That is not my nature. I don't use the DIS to complain. I was just hoping for some feedback from those that indeed had stayed at HoJo's. And I did receive feedback from DISer's as well as from HoJo's. :thumbsup2

OP here, :wave:

I have never stayed at HoJo's and thought I would like to try it. I saw allot of threads on here re: HoJo's both pro and con.

Anyway, I thought I would select HoJo's for my bday weekend.
After seeing on their message boards that AP discounts were for the exact date I was looking for I was happy.

When I called Anaheim, (Sat morn 1/29/11) the first question I asked Jessica was that I was looking for a standard king for Sunday, March 6th. She indicated right away that there was plenty of availability for the date I wanted. Yeah for me. I told her that I was an AP holder and wanted to get the $59.00 rate and that I was fully aware of the cancellation policy with that rate. It was then that she asked me to "hold on". When she came back on, she said, she was sorry but that the hotel did not have that rate. I then said that I was looking at that $59.00 rate on their message boards under the thread titled "We Love Our AP Holders", as we spoke. Jessica said, yes, I realize that but they were all changed this morning. (This was Saturday morn.)

On Sunday, having never had any dealings with HoJo's, is why I decided to post a thread to see if this sounded right to DISer's. It was just very confusing to me that HoJo's indicates they have plenty of availability for the date I wanted, that they have a $59.00 rate (which was still the posted rate on their message boards through 1/31/11) and to just call the Anahiem hotel and ask for in-house ressies, which I did, only to get told "sorry".

I am sorry if some people think I am complaining. That is not my nature. I don't use the DIS to complain. I was just hoping for some feedback from those that indeed had stayed at HoJo's. And I did receive feedback from DISer's as well as from HoJo's. :thumbsup2

I don't think you have any reason to apologize on here. :hug: I am so glad you're going to get to enjoy HOJO's, you'll love it I'm sure. Have a magical time and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY :flower3:

I have been keeping an eye out on the AP rates for months waiting to see if my dates would come up. We made our reservations for this April last August. Well this week I discovered that for 6 of the nights we are there, the AP rate was available. I immediately e-mailed and asked for the rate to be applied to my reservation. First thing next morning, Jessica had replied saying she had applied the Retro rate to our reservation. no problems or complaints there!! We absolutely LOVE HoJo! My birthday is 6th March too - happy birthday! and you couldn't have a better place to spend it than HoJos. but go for a premium room with a Disney view - it's your birthday, splash out a little! A Premium room will cost you $79

I have been keeping an eye out on the AP rates for months waiting to see if my dates would come up. We made our reservations for this April last August. Well this week I discovered that for 6 of the nights we are there, the AP rate was available. I immediately e-mailed and asked for the rate to be applied to my reservation. First thing next morning, Jessica had replied saying she had applied the Retro rate to our reservation. no problems or complaints there!! We absolutely LOVE HoJo! My birthday is 6th March too - happy birthday! and you couldn't have a better place to spend it than HoJos. but go for a premium room with a Disney view - it's your birthday, splash out a little! A Premium room will cost you $79

Aww, penny, we share a birthday!!! :cake:

Thanks for stopping by and posting on my thread! :hug:

I've tried for years to book Hojo's and always came up empty. I hear people getting great rates with Entertainment or AP, Disboards, Mousesavers discounts etc. Not a single night I've tried over the years have I been able to use a discount. Always told no availability at that rate.

Our current trip is March 26th-March 31st. I know March and April are spring break weeks so probably why Hojo's is showing a whopping $125 for that week. But I've gone in low season, pretty much every month of the year and have never been able to get lower than $100.

So for us, I've never stayed at Hojo's. Instead I usually find a 3 star hotel along Harbor for $60-$70 using Priceline or Hotwire. Having a bit more trouble for this upcoming trip so any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Any time I have had any requests or possible concerns with a future stay at Hojo's, I have always received exemplary personalized customer service from all of the staff, and would never consider airing all of it on a public forum first.... those posters who feel that the the public forum post here was to create a need for the management of Hojo's to respond to the issue at hand publicly are being unfair, I feel, as Hojo's has always proven to provide top notch customer service to their clients... not to say OP did so to garner more attention, I feel she had genuine concerns - and was courteous enough to respond cheerfully in an update about how awesome Hojo's management was to respond to her complaint. Those who feel that the OP created this thread and received attention from management only because she aired her grievances on a public forum are sadly mistaken in what Hojo's customer service is all about. Had the OP written a private letter or email to management, all would have been addressed in a more than satisfactory means, in the same manner in which it was addressed publicly. Hojo's has a superior standard of service to all guests, and it clearly shows.

I have to agree with this. Over the years I have had several things crop up, some of them completely my issue, but nevertheless, the management has always stepped up and gone above and beyond in resolving matters. And they do it cheerfully. I really can't say that I have had that same experience at other hotels. That is why I keep coming back. I have stayed at Entertainment rates, AP rates, Disboard Rates and full rate.

I was able to get the $59 rate for everyday from Feb 25th - March 9 with no problem. I booked it online with the code. I'm VERY happy; this is what is making the trip affordable to us.

We stayed at HOJO for our last trip as well (room facing the kids water area) and were very happy with the rooms, service and overall feel of the hotel.

I'm glad you were able to get your issue taken care of. There are many hotels and other businesses that don't care of you are happy and I like that Hojo at least takes steps to help the customer.

Jack, it's more than a couple bucks with the ent. rate. It's 50% off rack rate. When you are staying for more than a night, the savings really adds up.

Hey DM, I do realize it is more than a couple, it just bothers me that on one side everyone loves the discount but when that is not available it becomes just another place to stay. Having never stayed there I can not give an opinion, but it sure seems to me that there CS and hotel offerings seem to be better than some of the places on the harbor strip.

Jack

So glad that I saw this tread as we have a trip planned/booked for May 29-June 4th staying at HoJo's.

When we booked the hotel, half of our trip was under the Ent rate. I had not checked back, assuming that those dates would remain available even though it plainly states they are subject to change.

Even though HoJo's gets great marks, we may need to rethink our options as now only ONE of the nights is listed under the Ent rate. If we wait to see if the dates open up again (highly unlikely) rooms at other hotels may disappear.

Crap.

So glad that I saw this tread as we have a trip planned/booked for May 29-June 4th staying at HoJo's.

When we booked the hotel, half of our trip was under the Ent rate. I had not checked back, assuming that those dates would remain available even though it plainly states they are subject to change.

Even though HoJo's gets great marks, we may need to rethink our options as now only ONE of the nights is listed under the Ent rate. If we wait to see if the dates open up again (highly unlikely) rooms at other hotels may disappear.

Crap.

Once you booked those rates, and confirmed with Hojo's staff that it was booked at the entertainment rate you get to keep those rates...The dates get taken off the board list as they fill up and then at that point new bookings for dates no longer showing can not be booked at the entertainment rate. You can also keep checking back to see if any more of your dates open up and if so, you can phone and ask them to apply the rate for the nights that have opened up if the rates are available.

Once you booked those rates, and confirmed with Hojo's staff that it was booked at the entertainment rate you get to keep those rates...The dates get taken off the board list as they fill up and then at that point new bookings for dates no longer showing can not be booked at the entertainment rate. You can also keep checking back to see if any more of your dates open up and if so, you can phone and ask them to apply the rate for the nights that have opened up if the rates are available.

OK, so my panic-o-meter can slide down a little. Not at all to question you, but I think I may call back just to confirm our price. When I looked at my e-mailed confirmation, no price was included, so I could just imagine that we were confirmed for a room, but not a price.

Can you check for an attachment? In the confirmation email? Usually they send a .pdf attachment showing the rates if you booked through in-house reservations...but if you booked online, different type of email but they should always show some sort of rate....

And remember, you can always get 15% off the nights that are not on the entertainment rate by asking in-house reservations to apply the DISboard 15% off code. :) If you are an AP holder, you can receive 20% off of regular room rates.

Can you check for an attachment? In the confirmation email? Usually they send a .pdf attachment showing the rates...but if you booked online, different type of email but they should always show some sort of rate....

And remember, you can always get 15% off the nights that are not on the entertainment rate by asking in-house reservations to apply the DISboard 15% off code. :) If you are an AP holder, you can receive 20% off of regular room rates.

Gosh I really was off base! There IS a price listed in the e-mail so all that panic was for nothing.

BTW, do they just take your word for being getting the DISboard discount, and as I booked three rooms for other members of my family, would there need to be a DIS'er in each room?

Gosh I really was off base! There IS a price listed in the e-mail so all that panic was for nothing.

BTW, do they just take your word for being getting the DISboard discount, and as I booked three rooms for other members of my family, would there need to be a DIS'er in each room?

That's a good question, I don't know, maybe Lorealle from Hojo's will step in and answer, she's awesome. :goodvibes

I am really glad you did check the reservation and see it listed at the entertainment rate price, and of course, don't forget to bring your entertainment card along with you.

Enjoy your stay there! :goodvibes

I was able to get the $59 rate for everyday from Feb 25th - March 9 with no problem. I booked it online with the code. I'm VERY happy; this is what is making the trip affordable to us.

We stayed at HOJO for our last trip as well (room facing the kids water area) and were very happy with the rooms, service and overall feel of the hotel.

I'm glad you were able to get your issue taken care of. There are many hotels and other businesses that don't care of you are happy and I like that Hojo at least takes steps to help the customer.

Hey there...I'm curious how you scored this deal?? We are going roughly the same time frame and the ET rates weren't avail for our entire stay. Instead I always saw the last part of Feb and then March 1,2,3,6,7,8. Does it make a difference if you book online?? I called in-house res, would I have been able to get my entire stay at the ET rate if I'd done it online? I'm curious now!;)

And to the OP...you will LOVE HoJo's! I'm the one that posted about "standard customer service in the industry"...yeah, that's me.:laughing: But in all seriousness, we really do enjoy our visit to the HoJo's for all the reasons I've listed and others have described too.

And blackjack...the awesome ET rate is the MAIN reason why I personally love it so much!:thumbsup2 Now I'm not saying that we will never stay at HoJo's without this ET rate, but rather that we do our best to plan our Disney vacation around the ET rate at HoJo's. Thus with their new cancellation policy, this can make things a little more difficult. That's all.;)

It's a great hotel, with friendly staff. Personally, I've never experienced the "above and beyond" customer service, but I'm sure it exists...as so many fellow DISers have testimonials. But I will say that honoring a rate that's posted on their website (even if it says subject to change etc) is really just standard customer service in the hotel industry. I say this with lots of work experience in hotel management and guest services. Frankly, it's more in HoJo's best interest to make this right for you then it is for you to be unhappy and share that (not complain, just share) with fellow DISers.:goodvibes

You'll have an awesome visit!:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter