• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hojo vs. Cambria Hotel Anaheim

DLtorgo

waiting for my next Disney fix
Going next week for Spring Break. Trying the Cambria and wondering if anyone has stayed there yet? Looking for best route to get to the parks. Walk to Toy Story lot then tram?
Looks like 20 minutes direct walk to the parks.

I’ve driven by it frequently and it’s at the 5 freeway and Disney Way. I think it’s longer than a 20 minute walk. It’s not really close to the Toy Story lot entrance either. It’s close to the lot, but not where they let you in. I personally would Uber or Lyft.

I just stayed across the street at the Peacock Suites and we either walk (about 15 minutes - it's about a mile) or take ART.

Hi,
Does anyone have any feedback on how the new Cambria Hotel and Suites compares to the Howard Johnson , particularly in terms of the water park. We will have a nearly 2 yr old with us at the time . I like that Cambria includes the free breakfast but it's slightly further from the parks to walk although the slightly cheaper rate they're offering might offset the cost of the ART if need be anyway.

Any thoughts or feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I haven't stayed at the Cambria, but I have stayed at HoJo's multiple times and we love it. It is a closer walk than Cambria, I'd say maybe 10 minutes at a leisurely pace, and since DL is directly across the street you can see and hear the park even if when you're not there, I love that, some people might not care. I do dislike there is no breakfast (but Mimi's is right across the street). We typically order groceries for delivery (or if you have a car you could stop on your way) to have on hand wherever we stay and you can easily get some basic "breakfast" items, I believe all the rooms have a microwave and fridge. I do think the HoJo's waterpark area is more than sufficient to entertain a two year old, older kids maybe not, but a two year old for sure. When our kids were younger we really appreciated hotels that were closer (rather than farther) from the park entrances because it makes it much easier to make trips back to the room as needed. Sorry that I don't have any experience with Cambria.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter