• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HOJO, Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance, or Great Wolf?

teach1abc

Mouseketeer
The kids get out early this year so we are looking at either June 8-11 (Thurs - Sunday), going to Disney on Friday and Saturday or June 10-13 (Saturday-Tuesday), going to Disney Sunday and Monday. I thought it would be fun to stay at a waterpark hotel with our 9 and 13 yr old and do that on the first day we get there and the last day since it will probably be starting to get hot. Also, which dates would you choose?

For older kids, the Courtyard and Great Wolf Lodge would probably be better choices. DISers who've stayed at both locations can give you good feedback.

First, Courtyard or Great Wolf over HOJO, hands down, without question. Hojo is basically a motel with some buildings with indoor hallways. Its very nice for a motel but its a motel. Also, the water park is more for the under 7 age group. Courtyard is my new favorite hotel. I think you might really like the two queen bunk bed rooms with your kids ages. I will say, the water park looks like it is for big kids in the photos but its really not particularly thrilling and I would say it is more for the 10 and under crowd. There are two "big" slides (and a great toddler area). One is super slow (my son was only willing to do it once because it wasn't worth the climb up the steps). The other is fine but no better than what you would find at a public pool. To give you an idea of the big slides, they are slow enough that they don't empty into a pool, they just have a lip on the end of them. I felt like my 11 year old son was a little too old for them. But he is kind of like an old man, so he might not be the best measurement. That said, I like the waterpark area there. I would call it more of a diversion than an activity. There is lots of seating all over the deck and there are several pools and the hot tub is huge. I will stay there every time we go to Disney but if you are looking to spend a day actually at the water park, I think you are going to want great wolf.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter