Hogwarts Express Question

Maybe you slept through the tornado warning on Sunday morning 8-8:30. šŸ˜Š ā€œWind gusts in Orlando reached speeds of nearly 50 mph, according to Meteorologist Jonathan Kegges, and News 6 is working to learn if the at least 53 flight cancellations Sunday at Orlando International Airport were due to the presence of unsafe flying conditions.ā€ https://www.clickorlando.com/news/l...orida-as-thousands-lose-power/?outputType=amp
A lot of weather fronts are fast moving though so Iā€™m glad it didnā€™t impact your visit.
No - I didn't miss it at all. The tornado warning would possibly explain the closure for a few hours. Not for two weeks. . . . Did you notice how every other ride in the park and all those airplanes you mentioned started operating and flying again? This was clearly an unexpected issue that is causing them to have to do extended maintenance.

Wow, really glad I checked this thread before buying our tix for this weekend. At this point, there is zero reason to buy 2 park tickets unless the ride somehow opens before Saturday. Honestly, they shouldn't even sell 2 park tix on days it's down. Very disappointing was to be our first trip ever to Universal.

Some people just want to park hop - they donā€™t care how. For dates itā€™s known to be down, they really should put a warning up for buying park to park (this case doesnā€™t seem like it was planned though). We would never have bought park to park if not for the HE. We donā€™t get hoppers at Disney. Now that weā€™ve gone several times, hopping is habit, but the first few years, I would have agreed with you that thereā€˜s no point in spending the money without HE.

Phooey. I just saw that it'll be down all week and maybe longer. It won't break my trip but I was looking forward to it.

Supposedly they were offering a walking tour of Kings Cross today and while itā€™s down. Apparently you get to see behind the scenes things and hear stories about the train. You may want to try to find out about it for your last day.
Oh that makes senseā€¦ we wondered why we saw about 10 park-goers exit the station while it was closed this past weekend.

Sure stinks that it's down but as far as not selling hoppers when HE is down, I've think it's easier to hop just by walking since I'm kinda looping each park anyway.

This was posted on AP passholder Facebook page
Hi Dawn. This attraction is tentatively planned to reopen later next week. Please stay tuned to the Official Universal Orlando Resort app for updates. I will be closing the comments on this post so that my comment does not get lost. - VM

This was posted on AP passholder Facebook page
Hi Dawn. This attraction is tentatively planned to reopen later next week. Please stay tuned to the Official Universal Orlando Resort app for updates. I will be closing the comments on this post so that my comment does not get lost. - VM
Expect on the app it just says closed, it gives no additional information.

Final update - my dogs are a-barkinā€™ tonight after walking back & forth between each park TWICE today! šŸ¤£

I came here to report that Universal really did make things right by me though. I complained at guest services this morning & was given a $190 gift card to compensate the difference we paid for our 3, 3-day park hoppers. Absolutely amazing customer service here. We also got the private tour of Kingā€™s Cross Station, although they tried hard to deny this request & were very pushy about wanting names etc of who had previously offered it. I had to go into semi-Karen mode to insist on it since we were offered this two days ago (but held out at that point for HE to hopefully reopen during our trip). Sad to not have gotten to ride HE, but all in all was really happy with these accommodations. Hope others have a similar experience (or, better yet, have HE up and running by your trips!)

Final update - my dogs are a-barkinā€™ tonight after walking back & forth between each park TWICE today! šŸ¤£

I came here to report that Universal really did make things right by me though. I complained at guest services this morning & was given a $190 gift card to compensate the difference we paid for our 3, 3-day park hoppers. Absolutely amazing customer service here. We also got the private tour of Kingā€™s Cross Station, although they tried hard to deny this request & were very pushy about wanting names etc of who had previously offered it. I had to go into semi-Karen mode to insist on it since we were offered this two days ago (but held out at that point for HE to hopefully reopen during our trip). Sad to not have gotten to ride HE, but all in all was really happy with these accommodations. Hope others have a similar experience (or, better yet, have HE up and running by your trips!)

my dh gets motion sickness on that ride so maybe you dodged a bullet. Screen images moving at a different speed than the train did him in.

Aw man, we go tomorrow and i'm so bummed that Hogwarts Express may be down! DH will be really upset, he LOVES trains.

Are we still able to go through the wall at platform 9 3/4 or is that beyond where it's closed?

That is such a bummer I'm so sorry it was down for your trip OP! I really hope they resolve whatever it is for Spring Break crowds. HE is the only reason we bought P2P tickets and given that my little one isn't tall enough for Hagrid's or FJ, I'm really hoping he'll be able to enjoy it when we go so he gets 3 out of the 5 Potter rides.

That is such a bummer I'm so sorry it was down for your trip OP! I really hope they resolve whatever it is for Spring Break crowds. HE is the only reason we bought P2P tickets and given that my little one isn't tall enough for Hagrid's or FJ, I'm really hoping he'll be able to enjoy it when we go so he gets 3 out of the 5 Potter rides.

OP here I go next week so Iā€™m holding out hope it opens, and if not weā€™ll we will deal and come back, we got APs for the year since we have a trip this summer too. So while Iā€™ll be sad Iā€™ll be ok.
I feel bad for others who are missing it totally!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter