• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hogwarts Express Breakdown 8/17

wow! I'm sorry for all guests, it is appalling that Universal don't have the ability to at least deliver water to the people inside the ride while they wait to be evacuated. If I was in charge first thing I would do is find a rope an basket and fill it with spray mist fans and water bottles, those two articles are available at the park and it would have make a huge difference for all inside the hot train

sorry to hear that - hopefully they have learned from this and I'm pretty sure Universal will make it right - do update us.

I know from previous experience they are far better than Disney in these situations - even when it was really nothing they could control and we expected nothing from them.
Universal was about making things better for us so we could enjoy our vacation where as in the same situation Disney was worried about a lawsuit.

I will certainly update with what happens as far as compensation goes. If what was offered goes through then Universal will certainly have made it right, though there is no making up for the lost time and rides we missed.

I will certainly update with what happens as far as compensation goes. If what was offered goes through then Universal will certainly have made it right, though there is no making up for the lost time and rides we missed.

Exactly, even extra fast passes etc assuming you don't already have them still don't make up for the time wasted.

Very true - but at least they did not just give you a fast pass for some ride you have zero interest in. That seems to be the Disney option for the most part - but having been stuck on a Disney ride many times it was never anything as bad as you had.

Very true - but at least they did not just give you a fast pass for some ride you have zero interest in. That seems to be the Disney option for the most part - but having been stuck on a Disney ride many times it was never anything as bad as you had.

Initially the woman assisting us offered us express passes which I angrily declined. I explained we had already bought the Express passes and used it on all of the rides at IOA. We were only doing each ride once so it was no use to us at Studios. I admit I declined it in a very not nice manner and they came to my girlfriend and I first as I was "that guy" yelling to speak with someone and declining what was offered until I felt like it was reasonable. I still feel bad about all the people ahead of us who were satisfied with a bottle of water and a pat on the back right back into IOA. I especially felt bad for the family with the little girl across from us as I think their situation was even worse than ours. I don't feel great about being "that guy" but I also don't feel guilty after what we went through. Someone needed to be heard and make them understand the severity of the situation.

Initially the woman assisting us offered us express passes which I angrily declined. I explained we had already bought the Express passes and used it on all of the rides at IOA. We were only doing each ride once so it was no use to us at Studios. I admit I declined it in a very not nice manner and they came to my girlfriend and I first as I was "that guy" yelling to speak with someone and declining what was offered until I felt like it was reasonable. I still feel bad about all the people ahead of us who were satisfied with a bottle of water and a pat on the back right back into IOA. I especially felt bad for the family with the little girl across from us as I think their situation was even worse than ours. I don't feel great about being "that guy" but I also don't feel guilty after what we went through. Someone needed to be heard and make them understand the severity of the situation.

Don't blame you one bit. This sounds like it was a non-trivial situation and could have been dangerous for someone with health or anxiety issues.

I once had an incident where the Popeye boat ride broke down. Our boat was situated right under a small "waterfall" for about 15 minutes. The water kept on falling on us and directly on this lady I did not know.

After 15 minutes everything started running again and we just finished our ride.

This was a few years ago and I didn't feel like it was worth the trouble to complain. My brother and I just left, SOAKING wet and staying off site. To add to our troubles the weather got pretty bad (was in January). Totally ruined our day, and we ended up leaving. I always regret not having said anything - especially on behalf the lady who got sprayed with water for 15 minutes.

I think Universal can do better in the circumstances. When you work at a theme park you have to be able to deal with situations like this.

I once had an incident where the Popeye boat ride broke down. Our boat was situated right under a small "waterfall" for about 15 minutes. The water kept on falling on us and directly on this lady I did not know.

I always regret not having said anything - especially on behalf the lady who got sprayed with water for 15 minutes.

I think Universal can do better in the circumstances. When you work at a theme park you have to be able to deal with situations like this.

This sounds like a terrible experience especially in January. I completely understand the regret of not saying anything for the lady getting soaked you mentioned.

The rest of our day at Universal I kept saying to my girlfriend how bad I felt about the little girl and her parents, the woman who got sick on the back of the train, the elderly people who had a hard time even getting off the catwalk stairs, and the few that got seen by the EMS for heat exhaustion. I really hope they were taken care of and compensated someway to their satisfaction but I somehow doubt it. I still wish I could get in contact with the little girl's parents who were from Great Britain I believe.. they were so incredibly nice and tried to keep us all laughing and our mind off of the heat while we were stuck inside even as their little daughter was on the verge of a breakdown. I think they just ran their daughter to a bathroom as soon as they got off, it was that much of an emergency. I do remember our train attendant saying that if the little girl urinated in her clothing Universal would buy her a new outfit. Not the most comforting thought for her parents I believe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter