HO-HO-HOLY GRINCHMAS...10 JOLLY HOLIDAY NIGHTS AT RPR..NOV/DEC 2018

FEELING VERY CHRISTMASSY THIS WEEKEND

So, we have 5 more sleeps till we leave for our overnight at the airport hotel...…..

Suitcases haven't been brought down from the attic yet...…..we have been keeping them out in one of the spare rooms, but we had a mass clear out and put them up out of the way...….will probably bring them down tomorrow when we bring the indoor trees down to decorate them and the inside of the house...….

Cue cute xmas tree gif....……:D

As we won`t be back till Dec 10th, we decided to get everything up before we go...….probably the earliest we ever put everything up...….but cases will appear then.....although we won`t be packing till Tuesday night or Wednesday morning...…I couldn't pack weeks ahead of time...so that`ll be a job for next week...…..everything is washed and ready to pack hanging up.

So, while we are waiting to go we make sure everything is in order with the ESTA we have to have to enter the United States, actually we can`t leave the UK to travel to America without one...….we do this online and it`s only $14 each and lasts two years...….ours were all up to date, so no worries there...…

Travel insurance is the next thing to be renewed...….we have a yearly policy that includes all three of us.....so that was updated to start before we left...….

We also renewed our Annual Passes last week...….and of course right now they are doing a fabulous deal where you get 18 months for the price of 12 months...…

So, with that we ordered Kyle a 14 day ticket from a UK vendor and it arrived more or less within a few days. The 14 day ticket is a fabulous ticket to be able to purchase, it is a park to park and excellent value for folks who stay longer...…..so we were good to go with our park access...……not really much point of getting Kyle an AP as he only visits once a year now...….

Our rental car had been booked way back in January when we knew this trip was going ahead...….I cannot even remember what we booked, but, I think it was something like a Tahoe size...…..I doubt we`ll be lucky enough to get the Maserati a third time...…..so, whatever we get we`ll be happy with...…..we do plan to go around a little this time too.

More to come...…………

That is the most amazing piece of chocolate cake I have ever seen!! :teeth:

WELCOME......to saskdw...........lovely to see you post.........

Yes, that chocolate cake is something to behold!!! He did order two in that picture, but.......ended up taking it home with us.......it is rich and solid!!

So glad to have you along for this one too.......always a pleasure to see you comment..........I truly hope you enjoy this one too...........:wave:

Awwww......man!

I cleaned my house from top to bottom and made Thanksgiving dinner for 15 people....
...and I missed the start of your new TR, lol!!!

Glad I found it though:flower3:

How did I miss the start of your trip report? Must have been the food coma from yesterday combined with black Friday :blush:

Better late than never I guess, I can't wait to read everything you're up to this time.

Awwww......man!

I cleaned my house from top to bottom and made Thanksgiving dinner for 15 people....
...and I missed the start of your new TR, lol!!!

Glad I found it though:flower3:

:welcome: back to this one too J’aime Paris.......:)

Oh that sounds an incredibly busy day.......:eek:..........but hope you enjoyed Thanksgiving, get togethers are so much fun at any time of the year..........

Yes, I’m glad you found this one too.........hope you enjoy it too....always glad to see you post :wave:

Subbing along too! We'll be around for three nights of your trip - same hotel - can't be any longer as we have a cruise booked. And some shopping booked lol (a night at Florida mall). If you spot us, we'll be the ones with two pre-teen girls with Kiwi/Australian accents! :D :rotfl:

Kyle has great taste. Best chocolate cake ever. Glad I am not the only one who doesn't eat cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory.

:welcome: Along too Vicki.......

Glad to see you here.........and Kyle would definitely agree with you.......he’s not a cheesecake fan at all, but that cake.........well, that’ll be lunch for him I’m sure........it is very filling, but he eats it with so much enthusiasm......lol.......I couldn’t even manage a quarter of it.......but I’m not a fan of chocolate cake........

Nice to have you along for this one too..........:wave:

How did I miss the start of your trip report? Must have been the food coma from yesterday combined with black Friday :blush:

Better late than never I guess, I can't wait to read everything you're up to this time.

:welcome: Back Vicki!!!

Glad you made it along for our latest adventure.......although you are forgiven for being late as food coma’s are an integral part of any Thanksgiving........lol.........

Hope you enjoy this one too.......and I’m still sorry we miss each other by a few days again........but, we did manage a meet this past trip.......and there’s next September too...........

But, glad you’re here and reading along.........:wave:

Subbing along too! We'll be around for three nights of your trip - same hotel - can't be any longer as we have a cruise booked. And some shopping booked lol (a night at Florida mall). If you spot us, we'll be the ones with two pre-teen girls with Kiwi/Australian accents! :D :rotfl:

:welcome: Franrose...........:)

I’m so glad you’ve joined in this one too.........

And how fabulous you’ll be at RPR too.........and then a cruise!! Now, that sounds an amazing trip.......where is your cruise going to?

And how long is the flight from Oz? I have no clue........you all must be so excited as it’s so close for you too.....:Pinkbounc

Oh I’ll listen out for your accents........lol.......but if you see us please give us a holler......it would be lovely to say hello to you and your family.........we always love when folks come and chat to us........

Nice to have you along...........:wave:

And how long is the flight from Oz? I have no clue........you all must be so excited as it’s so close for you too.....:Pinkbounc

Oh I’ll listen out for your accents........lol.......but if you see us please give us a holler......it would be lovely to say hello to you and your family.........we always love when folks come and chat to us........

Will do! :D

The flights - from Brisbane, where we are, it's 14 hours direct to LAX and then the 5 or so hours to MCO (if I am a little wrong in that second leg, it's because I'm being vague on purpose - I don't want to remember ha ha!). We are going via Auckland, NZ though so while the overall trip will be longer, we'll have a break in that 14-hour trip which will make it approximately 2.5 hours and then 12 hours. We love the stop in Auckland as we are Kiwis and we can stock up on our favourite chocolates and just know we are among our people few hours, even though we can't leave the airport lol.

Our cruise is a Disney cruise, our kids have always wanted to try that line (we have done a few others but never Disney - they've been hooked on the idea since they saw a DCL 'documentary' years ago) - through the Western Caribbean. So Mexico, Grand Cayman & Jamaica (plus Castaway Cay).

We are a week away from leaving now too. Super exciting :D

Yes!! I am badly in need of Christmas cheer this year, and your report will fit the bill! If I may make a tiny request, would you report on the special holiday food offerings in the Wizarding World? I am hoping they have added more choices since last year. We had really been looking forward to lots of special Christmas themed treats but did not find many. Cheers to a wonderful family vacation!

Will do! :D

The flights - from Brisbane, where we are, it's 14 hours direct to LAX and then the 5 or so hours to MCO (if I am a little wrong in that second leg, it's because I'm being vague on purpose - I don't want to remember ha ha!). We are going via Auckland, NZ though so while the overall trip will be longer, we'll have a break in that 14-hour trip which will make it approximately 2.5 hours and then 12 hours. We love the stop in Auckland as we are Kiwis and we can stock up on our favourite chocolates and just know we are among our people few hours, even though we can't leave the airport lol.

Our cruise is a Disney cruise, our kids have always wanted to try that line (we have done a few others but never Disney - they've been hooked on the idea since they saw a DCL 'documentary' years ago) - through the Western Caribbean. So Mexico, Grand Cayman & Jamaica (plus Castaway Cay).

We are a week away from leaving now too. Super exciting :D

Oh my that is a long flight.......thing is, it’s not just the flight, it’s the waiting around in the airport before the flight, waiting in the lounge then any delays.......it makes a long day even longer........so to start with the length of flight you have.......wow!!! Makes our nine and a half hour flight seem like a short hop........:laughing:

What kind of chocolates do you get in New Zealand that you can’t get in Oz? I have no knowledge of New Zealand....well, not much at all.........it’s nice you have a stop in place you call home........

Oh your cruise sounds fabulous!! One of the regular posters on the SAN thread, keishashadow has done a lot of cruises and I believe she went to Castaway Cay and showed me some pictures of it....... beautiful!! Disney cruises always seem to have amazing reviews..........I’m sure you’ll love it as a seasoned cruiser.......how lovely......

Look forward to chatting some more.........and yes, so exciting when the trip gets closer.........:jumping3:

Yes!! I am badly in need of Christmas cheer this year, and your report will fit the bill! If I may make a tiny request, would you report on the special holiday food offerings in the Wizarding World? I am hoping they have added more choices since last year. We had really been looking forward to lots of special Christmas themed treats but did not find many. Cheers to a wonderful family vacation!

The welcome emoticon is gone for now.......so.........

A very warm WELCOME...........to you Andrea..........:grouphug:

Glad you made it along for this one too..........

Yes, absolutely will have a good mooch on the food offerings in WW.........I didn’t pay a lot of attention last year, but will this year..........I may even force myself to sample some of them.......just for you of course........lol.........

Always nice to see you post Andrea.......love seeing you here and hope you enjoy this read too.....

Oh I’ve given in.........we are going to watch Reginald Owen Christmas Carol tonight.........can’t wait any longer.......we put our inside decorations and trees up today........(I’m exhausted) lol.......but since it’s all Christmassy no point in waiting..........will let you know how we enjoy it.........and we’re going to watch the George C Scott one again........and I’m convinced I’m going to like it better this time.........

Have a great Saturday Andrea........:wave:

Will enjoy reading along. I would love to see both Orlando theme parks around the Holidays, but I can only get off during around actual Thanksgiving and Christmas (not that I'm complaining as many don't get those days), but we are with family then and I'm not sure I would want to be in the crowds on the actual holidays.
Maybe when we retire...my DH is trying to convince me that it makes more financial sense for him to retire early...I think it makes more sense for him to retire early and then get a second job LOL Then again, we have 3 kids to get through college.

The welcome emoticon is gone for now.......so.........

A very warm WELCOME...........to you Andrea..........:grouphug:

Glad you made it along for this one too..........

Yes, absolutely will have a good mooch on the food offerings in WW.........I didn’t pay a lot of attention last year, but will this year..........I may even force myself to sample some of them.......just for you of course........lol.........

Always nice to see you post Andrea.......love seeing you here and hope you enjoy this read too.....

Oh I’ve given in.........we are going to watch Reginald Owen Christmas Carol tonight.........can’t wait any longer.......we put our inside decorations and trees up today........(I’m exhausted) lol.......but since it’s all Christmassy no point in waiting..........will let you know how we enjoy it.........and we’re going to watch the George C Scott one again........and I’m convinced I’m going to like it better this time.........

Have a great Saturday Andrea........:wave:

Can't wait to hear how you like it!

What kind of chocolates do you get in New Zealand that you can’t get in Oz? I have no knowledge of New Zealand....well, not much at all.........it’s nice you have a stop in place you call home........

Whittakers! https://www.whittakers.co.nz/en_WW/products/ We can get a selection of their stuff here in Aus, but not the full range - and often they will do limited edition bars based on the flavours of other iconic NZ lollies & icecreams. We Kiwis grew up eating Jellytip iceblocks, for example (https://i.pinimg.com/originals/43/08/f7/4308f77d6dd831e36ebe80c1f240fab3.png) - so for a while, they did a Jellytip chocolate. It's like precious gold and I have a secret bar hidden away in my freezer for an emergency. :rotfl2:

It's probably actually very lucky I don't live in NZ anymore and can't get this stuff as easily as I used to. Lol!

Yay - another trip report! Although I still need to read the end of the last one :oops:

I've just seen this appear in your footer "SEP-OCT 2019..A MONTH @ RPR/HHN" - looks like we'll be there at the same time (although we're staying at PBH).

Will enjoy reading along. I would love to see both Orlando theme parks around the Holidays, but I can only get off during around actual Thanksgiving and Christmas (not that I'm complaining as many don't get those days), but we are with family then and I'm not sure I would want to be in the crowds on the actual holidays.
Maybe when we retire...my DH is trying to convince me that it makes more financial sense for him to retire early...I think it makes more sense for him to retire early and then get a second job LOL Then again, we have 3 kids to get through college.

WELCOME ALONG........smiths02........nice to see you again..........

Oh I couldn’t imagine being there actually over Christmas......far too busy for us! We have friends who stay 3 weeks over Christmas and New Year and love it.......but don’t do the parks much......not for me.....I’ve seen her pictures!!!

3 kids going through college will certainly impact any decision.........hope he does get to retire early......I know for Tom, it was absolutely the best decision........but we were fortunate to have no financial implications whatsoever......that definitely makes a difference, we are lucky there.

But, glad to have you read along with this one too........hope it’s a fun read for you........:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter