HO-HO-HO..We`ll put the RUM in Pa-Rum-Pum-Pum-Pum! 16 holiday nights at SF & RPR. A Nov/Dec 2023 Trip Report

We leave on the 3rd!!! That’s our last day and will be leaving the hotel around 1pm to get the car back to the airport…….darn it, you know when I was booking this trip I kept looking at not coming in till later in November and leaving around Dec 10th, we miss a fair few folks, but glad to hear you have a trip planned!!!

And last minute trips are the best, you’ll have a wonderful anniversary I’m sure.

Where will you be staying, you must be over the top excited!!
Oh Boo! We will not get there until about 10PM because we don't leave Fort Lauderdale until the hubs gets off work.

Looking so forward to Disney for the holidays and London and Edinburgh for the New Year!

My CC allows us TWO checked bags each and I take advantage of that going to Europe!

I hope you guys have the best time!

So excited!! Had the absolute pleasure of meeting Carol and Tom tonight at the RP lounge. For years I have come to the forum seeking information and guidance. Carol has so graciously provided all!
Have a wonderful trip Carol and Tom . You two are truly legends. ❤️
Stay safe always
Laura &Bill
Chicago Il

Glad to see you are back in FLA. Have fun and enjoy hopefully the weather is good. It's been not great with all the storms lately

Thanks so much, yes everyone has been telling us about the bad weather last week, we landed to rain but after that it’s been glorious! Don’t expect it to be like that the whole trip, but still happy to be here :)

Oh Boo! We will not get there until about 10PM because we don't leave Fort Lauderdale until the hubs gets off work.

Looking so forward to Disney for the holidays and London and Edinburgh for the New Year!

My CC allows us TWO checked bags each and I take advantage of that going to Europe!

I hope you guys have the best time!

Oh darn it, even if our flight ends up leaving later, we’d never have got to see you! That’s a shame as it would have been nice to say hello!

You have another amazing trip to look forward to for sure, Edinburgh for “Hogmanay“ will be fabulous! And yes, take full advantage of that luggage allowance. Plenty of warm clothes!

Thank you, we are having a blast not doing much at all!

So excited!! Had the absolute pleasure of meeting Carol and Tom tonight at the RP lounge. For years I have come to the forum seeking information and guidance. Carol has so graciously provided all!
Have a wonderful trip Carol and Tom . You two are truly legends. ❤️
Stay safe always
Laura &Bill
Chicago Il

Aww….thank you, it was genuinely so lovely meeting you both last night, we could have chatted all night to you both, I’m so glad you said hello…..and I’m so glad if anything I’ve told has been a help in any way, always nice to hear though!

If we miss you at breakfast have a wonderful time on the rest of your trip and hope to bump into you both again one day :wave2:

Wow, I just finished your report this morning! I love all the old pictures. They bring back so many happy memories.

I also remember the old rooms at RP and the mini-bars. I don’t remember doing it, but I must have threatened the kids within an inch of their lives if they touched anything in the mini-bars because they were alone in the room, when middle daughter who never listens, tried to drink a water from the mini-fridge. Apparently, the other girls tackled her to the ground and wrestled it away. They were very proud to tell me when I got back all about how they stopped her from drinking the forbidden water!

I also remember taking the pictures for the EP. I actually expected them to do that this trip and was surprised when they didn’t. Although, they were doing experimental pictures at entry at IOA which caused us a bit of an issue when we tried to enter the next day at US using our fingers. They didn’t have any record of S entering IOA the day before, so looks like some kinks still to sort of out with the picture ID. I’m really hoping they don’t switch to it completely. It was slower and more of a pain than the finger scanners are. The finger scanners are only slow when they don’t work. The picture thing seemed slower all around.

Back to your posts, like you, I also always loved the gingerbread displays. Thanks for posting those. It’s also great to see a picture of the tree by Jake’s. It was always a favorite with the giant fish ornaments. I have a picture of me poised in front of it from years ago somewhere.

I’m so jealous you get to be in the parks during the holiday season. I tried so hard to convince family and friends to go with me this December, but no takers, and I’m not big on solo travel. Christmas at the parks is always so magical. I love the Grinch show. It’s a must do for Christmas as well as the holiday shows in the HP areas and the parade.

And those trees are all great. The candy one reminds me of a local display we had as a kid with giant elves holding giant candy. I, like the 4 year old ,thought the candy was real. I probably would have licked it at that age as well if I could have reached it. It was always so magical. They don’t have it anymore. That tree brings back so many happy memories. Thanks for posting it.

I really wish I had seen your report before our trip. I think Chima Steakhouse sounds like it would have been a perfect fit for our group. We may check it out in February, but it would have tasted better if the company was paying for it and not me.

Also, we love PF Chang’s, but we have it locally, so it’s not something we typically do in Orlando. Glad to see another fan. I agree the lettuce wraps are great. We also love the Chang’s spicy chicken and the eggplant. I’ve tried a few copycat eggplant recipes, but nothing ever turns out the same. It’s a treat to get it.

I also noticed that you appreciate the pool bar nachos at RP’s bar as much as I do. They are a must do for me every trip. I love them so much. I’m so disappointed I didn’t follow my gut and get them this last trip, but we were so short on time, I didn’t want to waste any going all the way there and back, but our service in Citywalk ended up being so slow where we did eat that we probably could have come and gone twice from Royal Pacific. I want make that mistake again in February.

Looking forward to following along with all you get up to. Have fun!

Wow, I just finished your report this morning! I love all the old pictures. They bring back so many happy memories.

I also remember the old rooms at RP and the mini-bars. I don’t remember doing it, but I must have threatened the kids within an inch of their lives if they touched anything in the mini-bars because they were alone in the room, when middle daughter who never listens, tried to drink a water from the mini-fridge. Apparently, the other girls tackled her to the ground and wrestled it away. They were very proud to tell me when I got back all about how they stopped her from drinking the forbidden water!

I also remember taking the pictures for the EP. I actually expected them to do that this trip and was surprised when they didn’t. Although, they were doing experimental pictures at entry at IOA which caused us a bit of an issue when we tried to enter the next day at US using our fingers. They didn’t have any record of S entering IOA the day before, so looks like some kinks still to sort of out with the picture ID. I’m really hoping they don’t switch to it completely. It was slower and more of a pain than the finger scanners are. The finger scanners are only slow when they don’t work. The picture thing seemed slower all around.

Back to your posts, like you, I also always loved the gingerbread displays. Thanks for posting those. It’s also great to see a picture of the tree by Jake’s. It was always a favorite with the giant fish ornaments. I have a picture of me poised in front of it from years ago somewhere.

I’m so jealous you get to be in the parks during the holiday season. I tried so hard to convince family and friends to go with me this December, but no takers, and I’m not big on solo travel. Christmas at the parks is always so magical. I love the Grinch show. It’s a must do for Christmas as well as the holiday shows in the HP areas and the parade.

And those trees are all great. The candy one reminds me of a local display we had as a kid with giant elves holding giant candy. I, like the 4 year old ,thought the candy was real. I probably would have licked it at that age as well if I could have reached it. It was always so magical. They don’t have it anymore. That tree brings back so many happy memories. Thanks for posting it.

I really wish I had seen your report before our trip. I think Chima Steakhouse sounds like it would have been a perfect fit for our group. We may check it out in February, but it would have tasted better if the company was paying for it and not me.

Also, we love PF Chang’s, but we have it locally, so it’s not something we typically do in Orlando. Glad to see another fan. I agree the lettuce wraps are great. We also love the Chang’s spicy chicken and the eggplant. I’ve tried a few copycat eggplant recipes, but nothing ever turns out the same. It’s a treat to get it.

I also noticed that you appreciate the pool bar nachos at RP’s bar as much as I do. They are a must do for me every trip. I love them so much. I’m so disappointed I didn’t follow my gut and get them this last trip, but we were so short on time, I didn’t want to waste any going all the way there and back, but our service in Citywalk ended up being so slow where we did eat that we probably could have come and gone twice from Royal Pacific. I want make that mistake again in February.

Looking forward to following along with all you get up to. Have fun!

:welcome: along nighttowll, good to see you.

Yes, it’s lovely to have so many memories from years before, I did smile at the image of your daughter not being allowed to remove something from the minibar, that seems like a million years ago now, same with the pictures for EP.

I think when the facial recognition is fully up and running, it’ll work much smoother than now.

I‘m not sure we’ll get to Chima or PF Changs now, slight change of plans which is good, but means we’ll have to put off some places till next time.

Love being here for the Holidays and it’s been so good so far, still haven’t managed the parade yet, but…..it’s not a deal breaker if we miss it.

Hope you enjoy this one and it is good to see you :)

Hello Carole! Lovely picture❤️. We were soooo surprised how much we loved Sapphire Falls resort. It would be our “go to“ resort if they just offered the Express Pass. I would even give up club level. 😂
Glad you are having a wonderful time! 🌞

Hey Brenda, lol…..yes, it is a beautiful resort and absolutely deserves the good reviews it gets. We adore staying here, but love both places equally……although Sapphire does have Strong Water……which is also amazing!!

Thank you, we have had an amazing stay again, not actually done an awful lot this time, but caught up with lots of friends, and still almost a week to go.

Good to see you :)

And i am back and all caught up!

Sorry for the delay-my trip was fantastic (trip report will start shortly but it is in my signature for those wondering); the strike is OVER, and hopefully i get a new job soon.

However between getting sick post trip (just a really bad cold they tested me for everything) and my grandfather passing, I haven't been on in so long!

I am so happy you and Tom made it here safely! I cannot wait for the tree photos and the Boathouse pictures (ate there for the first time last month and LOVED it especially the duck duck razz and the firecracker shrimp!) and all the awesomeness you always show us!

Have a fun time today
and I hope everyone on here had a lovely holiday and is doing well!

BH5

And i am back and all caught up!

Sorry for the delay-my trip was fantastic (trip report will start shortly but it is in my signature for those wondering); the strike is OVER, and hopefully i get a new job soon.

However between getting sick post trip (just a really bad cold they tested me for everything) and my grandfather passing, I haven't been on in so long!

I am so happy you and Tom made it here safely! I cannot wait for the tree photos and the Boathouse pictures (ate there for the first time last month and LOVED it especially the duck duck razz and the firecracker shrimp!) and all the awesomeness you always show us!

Have a fun time today
and I hope everyone on here had a lovely holiday and is doing well!

BH5

Good to see you back BH…..

We have seen one or two trees this trip and yes Boathouse was nice, but we had an odd waiter!

Hope you’re doing better now and good luck in the job hunt, but I’m very sorry to hear of your grandfather passing.

Good to see you back BH…..

We have seen one or two trees this trip and yes Boathouse was nice, but we had an odd waiter!

Hope you’re doing better now and good luck in the job hunt, but I’m very sorry to hear of your grandfather passing.
The trees are the best part!

That’s so weird with the waiter. Then again it was our first visit so I have zero clue if anything was off.

Thank you-it was sadly his time, it just happened quicker than expected and so close to Thanksgiving. I’m just happy he is no longer suffering and is at peace.

Last edited:
Hot and sunny! Not the forecast, but it’s gorgeous here….did I mention it’s hot!

Be glad. I'm jealous. It was cold 🥶on our days, but they still had the air-conditioning going inside, so that made it even worse, and of course, I didn't have anything warm with me as it had been close to 90 every other day of our trip. It only dropped down to 50 on our park days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter