HO-HO-HO..We`ll put the RUM in Pa-Rum-Pum-Pum-Pum! 16 holiday nights at SF & RPR. A Nov/Dec 2023 Trip Report

1700059634663.gif

My friends packing 🙄

1700057857484.gif

My husband packing...... :scratchin

1700058570223.gif

And then.....there`s me 🥴

1700057909138.gif

Then I heard the words.....you`ll have to take less!!!!

i-Jq2jsSH-S.gif

And that was from one of my closest friends who came round to see us, I swear I heard Tom mutter something about her being brave and headed downstairs......my response to her with a sarcastic tone was, so you don`t want a Tide Pen brought back for you then 🤣🤣🤣
I think I need to admit I need to take less ☹️ we`re not going anywhere fancy, so don`t need nicer outfits and I probably can manage with less as we do utilise the laundry room in both hotels. And old faithful outfit for the flight will work.

We have about 10 tonne of chocolate and rum as gifts for hotel friends, can`t leave without all of those items, but goodness me they`re heavy!! I will go back to it soon, stopped to make a cuppa for my friend, think Tom was happy to have an ally in her regarding the luggage....lol.....

Forecast is looking good for when we arrive, friends at the hotel are keeping me updated on how nice it`s going to be, so that`ll do nicely for us as it is cold today again.

One more sleep.....although technically it`s two till we fly on Friday morning, but our trip starts tomorrow when we get up to Manchester...bottle of sparkly with lunch, not a bad little day!!

After my friend left
, I got back to looking at what I can do without and what I need. We plan park time as well as offsite fun, so I do need a mix of clothes as well as going out to dinner clothes. Men have it easier....I think!!

Still not completely done, but won`t be long till we get some pizza delivered tonight for us and we`ll open a bottle of wine.....:)

I usually pop online when we`re at the Radisson tomorrow and we do like our downtime in Orlando, so I`m usually online at some point to catch up on the Dis and other sites, just not as often as usual.

Thank you all for your lovely comments so far along the way, it`s always a pleasure to hear from everyone and hopefully this TR will start properly not too long after we come back.

Take care for now :)

1700063944152.jpeg

i-thkzkcr-S.jpg

View attachment 810666

My friends packing 🙄

View attachment 810657

My husband packing...... :scratchin

View attachment 810663

And then.....there`s me 🥴

View attachment 810658

Then I heard the words.....you`ll have to take less!!!!

i-Jq2jsSH-S.gif

And that was from one of my closest friends who came round to see us, I swear I heard Tom mutter something about her being brave and headed downstairs......my response to her with a sarcastic tone was, so you don`t want a Tide Pen brought back for you then 🤣🤣🤣
I think I need to admit I need to take less ☹️ we`re not going anywhere fancy, so don`t need nicer outfits and I probably can manage with less as we do utilise the laundry room in both hotels. And old faithful outfit for the flight will work.

We have about 10 tonne of chocolate and rum as gifts for hotel friends, can`t leave without all of those items, but goodness me they`re heavy!! I will go back to it soon, stopped to make a cuppa for my friend, think Tom was happy to have an ally in her regarding the luggage....lol.....

Forecast is looking good for when we arrive, friends at the hotel are keeping me updated on how nice it`s going to be, so that`ll do nicely for us as it is cold today again.

One more sleep.....although technically it`s two till we fly on Friday morning, but our trip starts tomorrow when we get up to Manchester...bottle of sparkly with lunch, not a bad little day!!

After my friend left
, I got back to looking at what I can do without and what I need. We plan park time as well as offsite fun, so I do need a mix of clothes as well as going out to dinner clothes. Men have it easier....I think!!

Still not completely done, but won`t be long till we get some pizza delivered tonight for us and we`ll open a bottle of wine.....:)

I usually pop online when we`re at the Radisson tomorrow and we do like our downtime in Orlando, so I`m usually online at some point to catch up on the Dis and other sites, just not as often as usual.

Thank you all for your lovely comments so far along the way, it`s always a pleasure to hear from everyone and hopefully this TR will start properly not too long after we come back.

Take care for now :)

Have a wonderful trip! Safe travels to you and Tom!! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures. :)

Safe travels and have a fabulous time!

We have 8 days to go! I'm starting to think about packing... Hard to know what to pack in this season.

Thank you, you too......8 days will fly past. Being honest I packed my normal stuff, but added in a cardigan and a hoodie.....that`ll be enough.....lol.

Hope you have a wonderful trip too, look forward to hearing all about it :)

Wow! Where did the time go? I’m so excited for you guys! I hope you have an awesome trip. I’ll check messages regularly in case you make it to St. Augustine. Have fun!

These last few months have flown past, can`t quite believe we leave tomorrow!!

Absolutely, once we decide if and when we`ll go to St Augustine, will let you know, hopefully we`ll catch up, it`s been a while.......:)

Thank you, we`ll try to have fun....lol......

I hope you have a wonderful trip and YES! Take it all with you!

I know I do. I've never been able to grasp the appeal of packing as little as possible. Not in my wheelhouse.

A kindred spirit!!! Yep, how some folks can get by with few clothes amazes me!! I think I`d take the same amount if I was going for a week or a month!!!

Thank you too....:)

Packing is hard work.
And I agree, it hardly seems fair that men can wear a polo and be dressed fine in many places.

Safe Travels, and enjoy that bubbly to kick off your glorious holiday extravaganza! party: 🎄🎅🤶

I can`t believe it took us so long to pack today!!! I do think men get away with a lot with clothes, but we`ll get there.

Thank you Maria, we`re looking forward to that first glass of sparkly!!!

the day has finally come for your trip be this close in arrivel starting Carole and i am squealing like a little kid for your vacation to begin!
seems to be happening very fast!

you head out to the airport tomorrow for the over night hotel
yea the day it happens when u blink your eye you know the trip has begun for you and Tom

Exciting !!!

You are all set once overnight stay begins

we are very excited for you and tom!

Happy flight!

Once you are back in the states the party begines

woot got you!

enjoy and have a great time

Will be thinking of you !

It will be a fantastic vacation !

the day has finally come for your trip be this close in arrivel starting Carole and i am squealing like a little kid for your vacation to begin!
seems to be happening very fast!

you head out to the airport tomorrow for the over night hotel
yea the day it happens when u blink your eye you know the trip has begun for you and Tom

Exciting !!!

You are all set once overnight stay begins

we are very excited for you and tom!

Happy flight!

Once you are back in the states the party begines

woot got you!

enjoy and have a great time

Will be thinking of you !

It will be a fantastic vacation !

Thanks so much mac......

Yep, very little sleep last night, woke up around 3am.....couldn`t fall back over, so just got up and made a cuppa as I didn`t want to disturb Tom too much, he slept really well!!!

Can`t wait to get back to Orlando!!!! :wave2:

It's almost no more sleeps for you 😊!

We've been here since Sunday & have had the BEST time despite less than ideal weather. Hadn't been back since Dec 2021 & it's so wonderful to be back home 🤗!

Wishing you & Tom as fantastic a vacation as we're having 💖

lol…..doubt we’ll sleep tonight!

I’m so glad you’re having an amazing time, it has been such a long time since you were last there, so enjoy every second!

Thank you, I hope so too…..:)

Carol, I cannot believe this but just as soon as I wrote that we would not be in Orlando for the holidays, I got an email from Disney and booked December 3-6th for our anniversary.

Shoot me a PM if you want to try and meet up for a drink. We would be happy to drive if it works out!

I imagine you're well on your way now! Hope you have a lovely trip. It's so thoughtful of you to bring gifts for the staff. We're usually strictly the carry-on only sort, I don't trust the airlines to handle my luggage especially in the chaos of the holidays. But this year we'll be bringing an empty bag to fill with the kids' Xmas presents and a few gifts from me to me (we live abroad and can't get the same goods shipped here). I hate waiting at the luggage carousel, it's so tedious! We always just do laundry, usually in the middle of a trip on a non-park day. But maybe I'll save myself that trouble this time since we're brining the extra bag anyway!

Carol, I cannot believe this but just as soon as I wrote that we would not be in Orlando for the holidays, I got an email from Disney and booked December 3-6th for our anniversary.

Shoot me a PM if you want to try and meet up for a drink. We would be happy to drive if it works out!

We leave on the 3rd!!! That’s our last day and will be leaving the hotel around 1pm to get the car back to the airport…….darn it, you know when I was booking this trip I kept looking at not coming in till later in November and leaving around Dec 10th, we miss a fair few folks, but glad to hear you have a trip planned!!!

And last minute trips are the best, you’ll have a wonderful anniversary I’m sure.

Where will you be staying, you must be over the top excited!!

I imagine you're well on your way now! Hope you have a lovely trip. It's so thoughtful of you to bring gifts for the staff. We're usually strictly the carry-on only sort, I don't trust the airlines to handle my luggage especially in the chaos of the holidays. But this year we'll be bringing an empty bag to fill with the kids' Xmas presents and a few gifts from me to me (we live abroad and can't get the same goods shipped here). I hate waiting at the luggage carousel, it's so tedious! We always just do laundry, usually in the middle of a trip on a non-park day. But maybe I'll save myself that trouble this time since we're brining the extra bag anyway!

We certainly are here!!! Yep, everyone loves British chocolate……

It’s not so bad for us as our luggage is priority and is off fairly quickly, so with having Global Entry and priority luggage, we’re out of there almost immediately. I agree with the luggage though, our new suitcase was slightly damaged yesterday, we only bought it and used it going home last trip, came off with side zip damaged, not an inconvenience, but certainly justified never buying expensive luggage!

Bringing an extra bag is a good idea, it’s amazing how much you can pick up without realising it…..and I do love the gift idea of from me to me…..lol…..I may steal that one!!!

Up at early o clock this morning as is usual in our first day.

Wonderful flight coming out, Virgin cabin crew are always amazing and make the flight nicer. Arrived to some rain that we knew was going to be on, but by time we got to pick up the car, it wasn’t so bad…..weather is to be 80F on Sunday so I’m not complaining, today is our lazy day for sunscreen and other bits and bobs shopping.

Arriving at the hotel, well, a very lovely welcome as always.

Sapphire Suite is beautiful as always, and Strong Water bar after a shower and change was most welcome. What is it about a flight that makes you want to shower as soon as you can?

I posted these pictures on the San thread, we only took a couple on the iPad, first was our welcome treats, there were also some cans of sprite in the fridge for us. The fruit plate was most welcome and we devoured that like a shark attack!!

IMG_3009.jpeg

Then, as is usual on our first night……Strong Water Bar……where they just look after everyone so well!!

Yes, Carole’s Punch was on order!

I might have had 2!

IMG_3011.jpeg

We didn’t last long though and by 9.30 we were zonked out!!

Tom is still sleeping so I’m through in the sitting room letting him sleep a bit longer, not much going on today, shopping might come back to the hotel this afternoon for a sleep before deciding where to eat dinner and hopefully parks tomorrow.

To be 76f today, much better than 40f at home!!

Time to get ready though, I think breakfast calls for us, but it’s so good to be back again!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter