HO-HO-HO..We`ll put the RUM in Pa-Rum-Pum-Pum-Pum! 16 holiday nights at SF & RPR. A Nov/Dec 2023 Trip Report

Back home after an intense week of conferencing, and looking forward to getting into the pre-trip festivities!

I was at the Loews Kansas City, which was built in 2020. The hotel was very comfortable and modern — and the staff was just as friendly as those in the Florida hotels 🥰 I will also note that the food quality was better than anyone expected for a conference!

Back home after an intense week of conferencing, and looking forward to getting into the pre-trip festivities!

I was at the Loews Kansas City, which was built in 2020. The hotel was very comfortable and modern — and the staff was just as friendly as those in the Florida hotels 🥰 I will also note that the food quality was better than anyone expected for a conference!

You`re home!!!

I wasn`t sure what day you said you were back, but glad to hear you had such a fun time!! I didn`t know they had a Loews in Kansas and such a new one too, but good to hear the Loews brand was still as fabulous and food.....such an important part of any conference or any trip to be honest 😍

Yep, getting closer.....☺️

Excitement is starting to build now that we are on the home stretch!

My wife wanted to know which steaks you and Tom have tried at The Palm and which ones you recommend? She was looking at the Filet and bison, but also wanted to know if there was something that was must try?

Are you spending your last night at Strongwater? Sounds like you have plans for Dec. 1st so maybe Dec. 2nd would be better to meet up?

Excitement is starting to build now that we are on the home stretch!

My wife wanted to know which steaks you and Tom have tried at The Palm and which ones you recommend? She was looking at the Filet and bison, but also wanted to know if there was something that was must try?

Are you spending your last night at Strongwater? Sounds like you have plans for Dec. 1st so maybe Dec. 2nd would be better to meet up?

It certainly is.....getting so close!!!

I always have the filet, it is beautiful....the largest one is very large, I have a very good appetite but it felt a little large for me, Kyle loved the larger one though, so whatever size is the smallest filet is ideal for me.

Tom has had every other kind of steak the offer, he loved the bone in ribeye, maybe called Chairmans reserve and NY strip. He`s also enjoyed a couple of others they maybe have as specials or have been taken off the menu since Landry`s took over running The Palm, but they were nothing less than perfect every time. I have to admit to being very fussy with steak and I do expect perfection, especially when you`re in a higher end restaurant, and it`s one place we have never once had to ask them to redo a steak, medium rare to rare, they`ve always been gorgeous.

I had the wagyu steak once, but being honest I can`t remember if it was in The Palm or not, Tom says he thinks it was, but for me I didn`t think it was worth the extra cost in comparison to a regular steak.

I also mentioned to Raeven recently, their steaks are very heavily seasoned so might be worth asking for less seasoning.

I`ve heard their menu has changed since we were last there and they`ve added some different menu options including new sides, I must go and look actually, but their sides are very generous too.

Would somewhere around lunchtime work for you on the 2nd? We`re at RP for the last week and we do have dinner plans that night and late afternoon we don`t know exactly what we`re doing, but it`s the anniversary of Lindsey`s death on the 2nd so we plan to do something, but not sure what yet, we`re trying to sort that out right now. But, we can be in either park or Citywalk if you want to meet somewhere for either drinks or lunch, that would work for us.

I don`t want to miss you as who knows if we`ll be there at the same time again!!!! We can sort it out through a pm and I`ll send you our phone number when we`re there so we can co-ordinate to meet up, looking forward to it :thumbsup2

I've stayed away from Disboards for a while as I didn't have any trips planned and it was depressing! But I love following along w/ your reports. We will just miss you. We are flying in 12/6 to do a christmas party at MK and the OI meetup on 12/8&9. That was sort of a last min decision that I talked my dear husband into lol

it`s one place we have never once had to ask them to redo a steak, medium rare to rare, they`ve always been gorgeous.
Had two misses there pre covid, haven’t been back. Nothing to do with the food, which was great. service was not on par with what we had come to expect there.

Do believe the issue was that both times they had their hands full with very exuberant large parties. both times large bachelorette that took up a good third of restaurant but, were not in a private room nor, even the same table. Resulted in lots of loud, animated running about the venue. Not what I expect there. :confused3

Had two misses there pre covid, haven’t been back. Nothing to do with the food, which was great. service was not on par with what we had come to expect there.

Do believe the issue was that both times they had their hands full with very exuberant large parties. both times large bachelorette that took up a good third of restaurant but, were not in a private room nor, even the same table. Resulted in lots of loud, animated running about the venue. Not what I expect there. :confused3

It is a noisy restaurant for sure at the best of time, but the addition of that type of party......eek!!! Bachelorette parties are not known for being sedate crowds!!

No, it`s not what you expect, they should have put them in the side private room.

I keep hearing things are a little different since Landry`s took over.

@saskdw That reminds me, I should have added, on your reservation, request a booth as they are a little quieter than the main dining area. They sat us once in the main area and we asked for a booth as we couldn`t hear ourselves talk, it was better in the booth.

I've stayed away from Disboards for a while as I didn't have any trips planned and it was depressing! But I love following along w/ your reports. We will just miss you. We are flying in 12/6 to do a christmas party at MK and the OI meetup on 12/8&9. That was sort of a last min decision that I talked my dear husband into lol

:welcome: back, wondered where you were!!!

Sounds like a fantastic trip you have planned doing both MK party and the OI event.

Glad you talked your DH into a trip, and last minute decisions can be the best type! Glad to have you along for this one too and I`m sorry we just miss you, would be nice to have been able to say hello.....:wave2:

1699358696240.gif

One place we are definitely visiting this year is Boathouse at Downtown Disney (I know)

We first visited this restaurant in 2019 on one of our trips and loved it.

It is such a beautiful restaurant and I think I remember observing it is very reminiscent of one of the restaurants in Newport Bay which is one of the hotels we stayed in over at Disneyland Paris, it is also very New England style and stunning.

We were lucky the day we went it was very quiet and as always we didn`t bother with a reservation as we weren`t sure where we wanted to eat for sure, but there were plenty of tables. I do imagine today and evenings will be much busier.

1699358246237.jpeg

This time however we do have a reservation as we are not going alone, we are meeting up with mr and mrs keishashadow for dinner as they are in town for their trip and cruise.

We were delighted we could choose an evening that suited us both as it has been two years since we met them at Wilderness Lodge so we didn`t want to miss them this time around. This was a lovely meet up and we loved getting a tour of such a stunning hotel, and it really is beautiful.

i-bSS89xs-X2.jpg

I must admit as soon as I saw the Oyster Bar, I could just have sat there and ate oysters all lunchtime......but my husband wouldn`t go for it...lol.....so we went into the restaurant and we were glad we did.

i-WbvrSCV-X2.jpg

1699358290488.jpeg

The menu was very nice and we have checked out the menu this time around and it is just as nice as it was before.

We shared the Firecracker Shrimp which wasn`t as spicy as promised, but it was decent enough and very fresh.

1699360463957.jpeg

1699360487039.jpeg

1699360510017.jpeg

Tom got the fish of the day and I got the lobster roll both with fries and it`s always strange to us that the fish isn`t one huge whale on a plate and usually comes in smaller goujon style pieces. In the UK it`s always cod or haddock that you are served in most fish and chip shops....chippies to most of us.

Cod and chips with an essential splodge of ketchup from the takeaway, can`t be beaten sitting outside in the summer by the seaside.

1699363047971.jpeg

I must admit, I wouldn`t get the lobster roll again, it was a little rubbery and chewy in parts and might not have been completely fresh, however the fries and Tom`s fish were lovely.

And they get bonus points for serving Sonoma Cutrer by the glass.....Tom was driving so no alcohol for him and a whole bottle of wine for just me at lunchtime is never a good idea......:scratchin

So we are very much looking forward to both Boathouse and meeting up with the keisha`s again, we always have such a lovely time together, so having dinner here with them is going to be lovely.

And we get to see a bit of Disney Christmas again......🎄

i-XKBMmzb-S.jpg

Last edited:
:cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: Single digit dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm soooo flipping excited for you!!!!!!

The Boathouse - dh and I LOVED our meal there! I had the Shipwreck - one of those (along with zero food and little sleep in 36 hrs) had me wrecked on the way back to our hotel :rotfl: But it sure was good!!!

And it's great you get to go with @keishashadow and her mister. Good food and great company are what makes life grand.

:cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: Single digit dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm soooo flipping excited for you!!!!!!

The Boathouse - dh and I LOVED our meal there! I had the Shipwreck - one of those (along with zero food and little sleep in 36 hrs) had me wrecked on the way back to our hotel :rotfl: But it sure was good!!!

And it's great you get to go with @keishashadow and her mister. Good food and great company are what makes life grand.

High excitement here too!!!

lol.....a cocktail and no sleep is never a good mix ☺️ but yep, you`ll have had a wonderful sleep I imagine!!That cocktail does sound lovely, there are a couple that have caught my eye to be honest.

Yes, good company is hard to beat, we are so much looking forward to catching up again with the keisha`s 😁

I wouldn`t get the lobster roll again
It’s been mostly a hit for me, one miss over a xmas trip where it was soggy.

Crab cakes one of the few I’ll eat outside of my own. Salmon is consistent there. I’ve been going with oysters, lobster bisque and the fillet sliders (of all things, who orders meat at a seafood house lol).

was very glad to hear that our dates coincided again this year & you were able to work us into your very full schedule…bonus points DS & boathouse worked out. I just hope our luggage shows up as it’s our travel day lol. Just say no to snow.:wizard:

Oh definitely make that reservation, it is a very good restaurant, so pretty and food is so good!!
It surprised me how popular the venues at DS have become over the years. Have seen more TR wherein U guests go down & spend a half day.

I do think there are many who stay in the Disney bubble on their trips, who would never dream of exploring off site, that contribute to the difficulty to grab the more popular dining spots.

It’s been mostly a hit for me, one miss over a xmas trip where it was soggy.

Crab cakes one of the few I’ll eat outside of my own. Salmon is consistent there. I’ve been going with oysters, lobster bisque and the fillet sliders (of all things, who orders meat at a seafood house lol).

was very glad to hear that our dates coincided again this year & you were able to work us into your very full schedule…bonus points DS & boathouse worked out. I just hope our luggage shows up as it’s our travel day lol. Just say no to snow.:wizard:

It surprised me how popular the venues at DS have become over the years. Have seen more TR wherein U guests go down & spend a half day.

I do think there are many who stay in the Disney bubble on their trips, who would never dream of exploring off site, that contribute to the difficulty to grab the more popular dining spots.

Soggy is probably a better description than I described, I did wonder if it was frozen as opposed to fresh, so it was just ok. My nephew and his wife went there and he got the burger and said it was exceptional, yep, nothing wrong with not opting for seafood every time.

Glad to hear your recommendations though, it`s nice to be spoiled for choice.

Oh we`ll be saying a prayer your flight takes off and gets here on time and you have your luggage too!!!

I couldn`t just stay onsite for the whole of our trip, albeit longer than a lot of folks, but we have read of some Brits who go for two weeks and never leave the Disney bubble!!!! Not for us. There`s so much more to see out there.

Soggy is probably a better description than I described, I did wonder if it was frozen as opposed to fresh, so it was just ok. My nephew and his wife went there and he got the burger and said it was exceptional, yep, nothing wrong with not opting for seafood every time.

Glad to hear your recommendations though, it`s nice to be spoiled for choice.

Oh we`ll be saying a prayer your flight takes off and gets here on time and you have your luggage too!!!

I couldn`t just stay onsite for the whole of our trip, albeit longer than a lot of folks, but we have read of some Brits who go for two weeks and never leave the Disney bubble!!!! Not for us. There`s so much more to see out there.
Oooh how fun! I love the Boathouse - it is one of my favorite restaurants at Disney! I'm going to highly recommend the Filet sliders with Maitre D' butter there. It is my go-to dish; they are exceptional.

1699451928586.png

Your trip is getting so close now!! I can't wait to hear how everything goes for you and all of your fun plans!!

All this talk about the Boathouse! What a coincidence, I’m currently holding a lunch reservation for my upcoming trip. 😀 Guess I picked a good one! I‘ve only been to ds once since it became ds but this trip I’m not only hitting ds but Mvmcp as well. Been ages since I’ve been to a disney park. Thought it might be easier trying a party after being so spoiled by universal for all these years.

That lobster roll looks tempting but after just getting back from a trip to Maine and with your review I may pass. Can’t get lobster rolls like that in Charleston. I may have to plan another trip to Maine. 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter