HM closure fallout (+ Fantasyland clocks trivia question)

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Crowds at RD were reasonable/average yesterday. Occasionally there are rope-drop Sundays without any (or at least not a lot) of runners. Yesterday was one of those days, thankfully. We moved quickly to PP and no one that I saw ran. However, we did hear someone running up behind us. By that point we were going through the castle and there are several CMs posted just outside of it to, A, welcome guests and, B, urge runners to become walkers. As I’ve always said, the problem is that when one person runs, it triggers other guests to run and soon it’s like the kinetic analog of a self-sustaining nuclear reaction. That it, whatever goes into it the system causes a multiple to come out. Or something like that.

We were first on PP, which is always fun. There was a nice young girl behind us and I wanted to give her out first-place spot. But one of the friends I was with isn’t as willing as I am to gift first place to others. I’ve said many times that I don’t really have to be first on the ride. I just like arriving first at the queue. So in effect, I'm still first :-).

Because of the HM closure, other attractions had to take up the guest traffic (I suspect, which seems reasonable). I didn’t ride POTC yesterday but any time that I walked past it, the line looked longer than usual, especially early. It was also particularly congested outside of Tiana’s Palace/the Mint Julep Bar. I didn’t realize that the entire area outside of HM would be closed (the entire gated grassy area part with the fountain). So walking by Tiana’s near the train station was like passing through a narrow hallway. Perhaps avoid that area, if possible.

Trivia question: there are clocks seen in both Peter Pan and Mr. Toad. What are the two times displayed?

There are days when no one does especially well on Buzz. Yesterday was one of those days. I rode it about ten times and each time, something went wrong. Three times I had a dud cruiser with at least one bad gun, three or four times my score didn’t come through and a few times several of the high-value targets simply didn’t work, all of which was frustrating. I kept telling myself, “OK, I’ll try one more ride; I’ll give it one more chance. This all must be a fluke and it can't continue all morning.” Except that it could and did. Each time I felt like the attraction knew what I was thinking and went out of its way to frustrate me further. My top score yesterday was only 1.6M. Other people I know couldn’t get decent scores either.

I met up with my friend who bounds/cosplays as various Disney-like characters. Yesterday she was dressed as a pirate and looked fantastic as always. She puts a lot of thought and effort into her outfits. I just realized that we didn’t get any pics together. I was tired since I didn’t get a lot of sleep the night before so it must have slipped my mind. I’ve included a pic she took with Snow White and the Wicked Queen (last pic below, obviously).

As always, I have park maps. If anyone would like a set, send me a DM with your mailing address.

I didn’t take a lot of pics yesterday so I can get them all into one post. Think of the savings! ;-).

I hope you all have a great week!

IMG_8056.jpegIMG_8058.jpegIMG_8060.jpegIMG_8069.jpegIMG_8071.jpegIMG_8072.jpegIMG_8073.jpegIMG_8067.jpegIMG_8070.jpegIMG_7871.jpeg

Any idea on how the new alternating days of EE is impacting the parks?
We RD’d to EE the last 2 days (once each park) and non-EE this morning (DL) and it wasn’t too bad? Although this morning at park open Jungle Cruise, Rise, MFSR, IJA, and MMRR were all down, in addition obviously to HM, so that was….interesting. Thankfully 3 of the 5 came up within 30 minutes.

One thing I forgot to mention: as I boarded the tram at the end of the day, I found a hair bow on the ground. Then I noticed that it was more than simply a bow. It had a light brown piece of plastic attached. When I examined it more closely I found that it was a child’s hearing aid. I was about to turn it in to a CM when I heard a mom exclaim “The bow! Where’s the other bow?!” I looked up and saw a little girl - probably about two years old - with a single bow in her hair that exactly matched the one I found. I approached the mom and handed it to her. She was thankful, of course. It was my good deed for the day. I often do one while at the park. Often more than one :-).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter