"Hit" with an Insurance Charge??!?!

kimmar067

TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!
Does anyone have info to this mystery? My friend, who's coming with us to Ft W read/saw/heard (or whatever) about an irate woman who had recently been quoted a price of $65/day for the site, but when she arrived at Ft W, they also charged her an exorbitant insurance fee, which almost DOUBLED her cost!! Any help out there...getting a little anxious:( !

Oh, someone PLEASE answer this, we will be there a week starting 8/9/03........... IF this is true, I may need to rethink where I am staying....

Thanks,
Michele

Nah--not happening. They will charge you what they quote you. Now the taxes are quite hefty--but not double! And the amount quoted by CRO includes taxes.

Have a great trip and quit worrying;) .

the only insurance thing i can think of is the travel insurance thing they ask you about when booking. (And even that is no where near that high.) I always say no to this as the cancelation policy thru CRO is so fair.

- lori

I just booked my Ft. Wilderness campsite and they tried to hit me with the Insurance fee.... when she gave me the price for my two night stay it was really high I asked her why when I knew the rates were only about $40 nightly why did she quote me $287. for two nights she said it was insurance incase we want to cancel told her to drop the insurance... So this seems to be something new.... I was amazed now my price is $90 for two nights much better...

so be careful they do not ask if you want insurance they just add it .... so make sure you ask if the insurance is added to your price.

This is another area where the buyer must beware! When calling 1-407-W-DISNEY two groups answer the phones

CRO = Central Reservations

WDW Travel = WDW Full Service Travel Agency

In the "olden days" the only group that existed was CRO and all they did was book rooms/sites. As the need for a full service travel agency arose for things like packages, airfare, cruises and the like WDW Travel was created.

Trip cancellation insurance has been a big moneymaker for travel agencies for years, especially in the cruise industry. I would assume that some boss at WDW Travel has decided to try to increase the numbers by selling more insurance.

Now, we do have to remember to compare apples to apples. Most times when WDW Travel quotes an all inclusive price (i.e. trip insurance has been added) they have already added taxes also. Taxes at WDW are a big part of the "add on" price.

When I called last week to book my December trip I was quoted $186.70. I asked f that included taxes, the reply NO. Knowing full well that I was in Value Season ($40 a night) I knew right away I was talking to WDW Travel.

When I questioned the price and who I was talking with the CM state that she was with WDW Travel and it included trip insurance. I asked to be transfered to CRO. CRO then booked the same 4 days for $178.40 + tax.

So the insurance on my 4 nite stay was going to be $8.30

I find it hard to believe there would be an "exorbitant" fee charged as trip insurance is usually priced as a percentage of the total package. If the booking included a cabin, tickets and other "extras", yes the insurance fee could get fairly high.

We booked our trip online & we opted for the insurance. We got a package for 2 weeks at the rate of $2800+. We have to drive for 6 - 7 days to get there. In our minds the $68 for the insurance was well worth it, as that is a long time to travel, & you never know if a breakdown, or weather, would cause you to cancel you trip. To me their insurance fees are reasonable considering the money we spent (on insurance), to get back the money we may lose if something should happen. Of course it all depends on what your idea of exorbitant is! It sure doesn't come close to doubling the cost though!

Closing in on the double digits!!!! Woooo hoooo!!!!!

:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter