Hit me with the good/bad about November trip!

E.Jane

Mouseketeer
Hi all.... I've have been to WDW many times, but always in January. This year, I am planning on a surprise "girls-only" trip for me and my 6 year old granddaughter. Having never been at this time of year, I'm not sure what to search for info on. I DO know that I need to avoid Thanksgiving week - was thinking the 9th-16th. So what is going on in the World that time of year? Are there after-hour parties in November? Also, what are some of the new things since 2016 (our last trip). I recall reading something about back-entrances, if you were hopping parks, but can't seem to find anything on it now. Looking for any/all info on the "little" things that aren't really headline-news.

Would appreciate all input - I really want to make this a trip that my granddaughter will remember forever! She's been twice before, and will be so excited that she gets to ride the "big" rides this time!

Food and Wine is going on.

If you're there on November 1, you could attend the final Halloween party of the year.

And temps are great!

The buses in the parks for parkhopping have been discontinued. You used to be able to take a bus from within one park to another, but not anymore.

I did a short trip November 9-12 in 2016. It was absolutely magical. All of the Xmas decorations were up, I attended a xmas party for the first time! The waits weren't awful and I had an amazing time at F&W. Highly highly recommended!!!

The Christmas Parties - MVMCP - will be happening during your trip.

The Express Bus, specifically for park hopping, no longer exists. Disney, through Lyft, now has Minnie Vans that provide transportation for a $20 fee in addition to the park to park buses.

I always arrive on the Sunday after TG and stay for the first week of December. I know you’re talking earlier November, but the end of November is nice too. You can do the candlelight processional, and the holidays around the world at Epcot. Although it is usually during free dining so it is very hard to get an ADR. We love this time of year, but it seems to be getting more crowded every year. And there is a week somewhere in November that they call New Jersey week where it’s a little more crowded with families visiting from New Jersey. Not sure the exact dates for this coming November though.

Bad: temps might be too cool for swimming.

Good: pretty much everything else.

You never know with the weather but mid-70s is probably typical. The Christmas decorations are beautiful in the parks (but probably won't be up in the resorts till the weekend before Thanksgiving.)

No time is really low season any more but crowds should be relatively low.

Christmas parties should be an option but not sure if they are a good value.

I did a short trip November 9-12 in 2016. It was absolutely magical. All of the Xmas decorations were up, I attended a xmas party for the first time! The waits weren't awful and I had an amazing time at F&W. Highly highly recommended!!!

awesome to hear...thank you so much for posting!!

The Christmas Parties - MVMCP - will be happening during your trip.

The Express Bus, specifically for park hopping, no longer exists. Disney, through Lyft, now has Minnie Vans that provide transportation for a $20 fee in addition to the park to park buses.

I will check out the Lyft option! thanks for letting me know about it!

I always arrive on the Sunday after TG and stay for the first week of December. I know you’re talking earlier November, but the end of November is nice too. You can do the candlelight processional, and the holidays around the world at Epcot. Although it is usually during free dining so it is very hard to get an ADR. We love this time of year, but it seems to be getting more crowded every year. And there is a week somewhere in November that they call New Jersey week where it’s a little more crowded with families visiting from New Jersey. Not sure the exact dates for this coming November though.

thanks for the heads up on Jersey week... I recall reading about that several years ago. Definitely a good time to stay away for me!

Bad: temps might be too cool for swimming.

Good: pretty much everything else.

You never know with the weather but mid-70s is probably typical. The Christmas decorations are beautiful in the parks (but probably won't be up in the resorts till the weekend before Thanksgiving.)

No time is really low season any more but crowds should be relatively low.

Christmas parties should be an option but not sure if they are a good value.

well, we always swam in January, so I think NOvember will feel warm for us!

Things I love about November....Food & Wine festival, MVMCP, Christmas decorations at the resorts/parks, and the amazing weather (swimming should be totally fine in my experience). As long as you avoid Thanksgiving week, crowds should be manageable (just have a good touring plan!).

Based on our Nov 2 - 11 trip in 2017, check to see if any of the foot races are going on in your time frame and avoid any parks involved on race day. I'm told F&W is crazy crowded the last weekend, we got outta Dodge the Fri before so not sure, other than that we love F&W and go just for that. Toy Story Land will be open by Nov 2018. Temps were great for us, swimming and all.

Bill From PA

I am planning a Nov. 2018 trip and here are the reasons I picked my dates: Nov. 11-16.
(Going with a 2yo, 6yo, wife and two grandparents)

1) Toy Story Land will be open, but SWGE will not be yet.
2) The trip starts with Veteran's day .. so a free day off for me and the older kid (even though whatever park we go on that day (nov. 12) could be busier than normal due to the holiday
3) The prices for the hotels mid-week were pretty affordable compared to other times of the year.
4) Go late enough to see Christmas Decorations, but early enough to avoid Thanksgiving week (probably won't do an XMAS party .. kids still too young and I don't want to keep them up late).
5) Avoid the taping of the Christmas Parade shows (usually the first week in Nov.)
6) Avoid the carryover from those who are there for Halloween.
7) Cooler/less humid temps. (don't care about swimming .. I live by the beach, so we can swim in the ocean most of the year.)

We were there last November 8th through the 14th. WOW it was much busier than expected. But we were there 1/2 of Jersey week, end of F&W and Veterans day so that is a triple whammy. We did not have a choice of dates (well we had a little wiggle room) because we were there for a Wedding. The temps were hot a couple days in the beginning but not summer time hot, nice not and then cold in the evenings towards the end of the trip but I liked the chance to cool off. If I went again in November I would go the very first week. I honestly don't think there is a slow time anymore at Disney. Just have to go with the flow. We didn't get nearly as much done in the parks as we usually do but we still had fun.

oh and when we were there most of the resorts were not decorated...We stayed at OKW and that one was but they were working on it while we were there. MK and HS were decorated but EPCOT was not because they don't start decorating it until after F&W which was ending November 13th last year. AK also was not decorated for Christmas but we were there on our second day so it could have been by the time we left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter