• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Historical DLR Park Hours, Entertainment and Refurbs

The predictions for October 2015 make no mention of DL closing early for the Mickey trick or treating Scary Halloween thing...is that not scheduled to happen this year do you happen to know?

The predictions for October 2015 make no mention of DL closing early for the Mickey trick or treating Scary Halloween thing...is that not scheduled to happen this year do you happen to know?

The hours for October are not released yet as it says in the link:

"These Disneyland Park Hours are Not Yet Released "

:wizard:

The hours for October are not released yet as it says in the link:

"These Disneyland Park Hours are Not Yet Released "

Yes I realize that, I just thought that you would go back to edit these links as needed to add in information on programs that have been added since 2009. That would probably be a lot of upkeep though and hard to keep up with, I realize!

I realize this is not official. But why does it say Splash with be down in mid May 2015? Everything else I've seen shows it to be down til April. It also shows Star Tours and Indy down as well. Confused!

Yes I realize that, I just thought that you would go back to edit these links as needed to add in information on programs that have been added since 2009. That would probably be a lot of upkeep though and hard to keep up with, I realize!

The links are for historical purposes as the title and intro say. At the beginning of each year I create a link for each month of the new year all at one time. I do not have time to add a month each month as the year goes by. So, yes, as you said that would be hard to keep up with.

So I have no plans to edit my links to the DIS calendar. The calendar for future months clearly says that Disney has not released info for that month yet.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. In the predicted hours for 2015, it shows Disneyland closing at 5pm on Thursday, May 7.

I realize this is not official. But why does it say Splash with be down in mid May 2015? Everything else I've seen shows it to be down til April. It also shows Star Tours and Indy down as well. Confused!

Info for May has not been released by Disney. So no one knows what it will be. As the OP says, the best way to check for what to expect in May 2015 is to check past years in May.

So the WDW calendar linked in the OP for May 2015 is meaningless and I guess just a placeholder until actual information is released by Disney. Anything it says about Splash Mtn in May is meaningless at this point.

I have to say, I can see how people would get confused by the first post. It would probably be easier to edit it once a month rather than have to come back and explain it every time someone is confused. Unless, of course, you aren't coming onto the forum at least once a month.

Sorry to be annoying and clueless, but I'm kind of confused! The post says it is historical, but it has information for the rest of this year, including Pirates of the Caribbean being closed in October. Anyone know how reliable that is, and where the information comes from? I'm going in October, and Pirates is one of my favorites! :(

Sorry to be annoying and clueless, but I'm kind of confused! The post says it is historical, but it has information for the rest of this year, including Pirates of the Caribbean being closed in October. Anyone know how reliable that is, and where the information comes from? I'm going in October, and Pirates is one of my favorites! :(

As the OP says future months are not reliable at all:

CAUTION - Do not use future month's information below beyond about one month as DLR only provides schedules 4-8 weeks in advance. Thus no one knows what will actually happen out further than that. Use past month's information below to project to the future.

Why do I show future months in the OP? Because I am doing this for free and do not have the time every month to update this thread and tell everyone another month is now available. So I update this thread once a year. I copy all months for the coming year ahead of time so when the month actually comes the link is there. Then I caution people not to use future months. :teacher:

The OP links to the DIS DLR calendar which is updated regularly. And the person who does it is paid as a DIS staff person.

The OP links to the DIS DLR calendar which is updated regularly. And the person who does it is paid as a DIS staff person.
Interesting...I did not know that the person maintaining the wdwinfo DLR hours archive was paid to do so.

Interesting...I did not know that the person maintaining the wdwinfo DLR hours archive was paid to do so.
Tom (ImTooExcitedToSleep) was hired as DIS staff a year or two ago. And AFAIK he is the one who maintains that as well as the refurb list. As well as other things like hosting the Podcasts. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter