Hilton Signia Bonnet Creek & Hilton Buena Vista Palace Bakeoff

Wells Larsen

Mouseketeer
I haven't seen a recent bakeoff between Signa Hilton Bonnet Creek & Hilton Buena Vista Palace. Especially for Hilton Diamond members.
I am hoping you all can help. Here is what I gathered from my research

Hilton Signa Bonnet Creek
  • Recently renovated rooms
  • Many on-site restaurants and quick service
  • Very close to Disney Parks
  • Amazing pool
  • Hilton Serenity Serta Beds
  • No on-site self-service laundry
  • No balconies
Hilton Buena Vista Palace
  • Walking distance to Disney Springs
  • Recently renovated pool
  • Available balconies
  • Available self-service laundry
  • Some on-site restaurant and quick service options
  • Perhaps thin walls??
Right now, I'm leaning Bonnet Creek due to proximity to the Dis parks and what seems like more luxurious rooms (Serenity Beds).
However, the unavailable self-service laundry at Bonnet Creek is my hang-up as we will be there for nearly 2 weeks.
And, what about Hilton Diamonds? Is there a better chance being upgraded at one resort more so than another?

I am happy to receive any additional information anyone has. Thanks!

Im a HiltonDiamond Signia lover BUT major construction for expanded convention . If you want updated reviewsjust check some of the comments from TripAdvisor.
They do not mention anything on their site.
My recent stay earlyMay free night aboutto expire… No circle drive just park in garage and enter in side door and stand in temporary check in . Entire lobby being reconstructed so only food was poolside Bar and major construction inside & out.
Normally one of my most favorite locations but not returning until they are finished .

Im a HiltonDiamond Signia lover BUT major construction for expanded convention . If you want updated reviewsjust check some of the comments from TripAdvisor.
They do not mention anything on their site.
My recent stay earlyMay free night aboutto expire… No circle drive just park in garage and enter in side door and stand in temporary check in . Entire lobby being reconstructed so only food was poolside Bar and major construction inside & out.
Normally one of my most favorite locations but not returning until they are finished .
I have reviewed TripAdvisor for both. It is how I have found out what I already have. I just tend to take them with a grain of salt. I would rather have all of you opinions.

I have not stayed at HBC but have stayed at her sister hotel Hilton Orlando by the Convention Center. We loved it and were treated very well by staff. They gave our son a free Smores kit (usually charge), a plush and box full of snacks. As Diamond we had full use of the Lounge on the top floor which (this was a few years ago) had a nice variety of food, especially breakfast and beer, wine etc. Thinking now HBC gives food credit to use as you wish. Maybe since COVID lounges haven't made it back. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at HBC, I love the location of the Bonnet Creek area to parks and DS.

I have stayed at HBVP a couple of times. The pool is very nice. The tower is strangely designed, it took forever to get anywhere and parking was far away. I had balcony room and they are very tiny. No upgrades offered. DS from the tower is closer than most hotels but still a jaunt to get to the pedestrian bridges. If I return there I would only stay in the Island Suites and be close to the pool, pool bar area and closer to Disney Springs and my car. There was NO perks to being Diamond during each of our stays, no lounge or anything. Maybe it has changed.

I would say at one we were def treated as a Diamond should be and at the other we were just another guest.

And oh by the way…Have you heard about the new Embassy Suites Vacation Resort Timeshare under construction? Adjacent to the MargaritaVille Resort and Timeshare (By Target Store )…
I am saving my Hilton points to stay at this location when it opens .
Currently a walk thru sales office to visit in the Sunset Walk .
(DVC Member already & no more timeshares for me but cash stay with points hopefully…
Looks amazing cause I would love a new Embassy Suites close to WDW . On the AK side of theWorld…

I am using a free Diamond member night ,this Friday at ES Icon Park …near Universal /Convention Center . They have 2 locations on International Drive area but these will be close to the new Universal Epic Universe so hoping for updates .

Its been a while since I stayed at the Hilton closest to Disney Springs walkover Bridge . But I would probably stay again .

The upgrades at Signia are just a better view but I usually book pool view upper level anyway. I think they give a $25 dining credit.

I think I remeber the Hilton Disney Springs does not charge resort fees if booked using points but the Signia charges resort fee & parking fee .

Last edited:
I have not stayed at HBC but have stayed at her sister hotel Hilton Orlando by the Convention Center. We loved it and were treated very well by staff. They gave our son a free Smores kit (usually charge), a plush and box full of snacks. As Diamond we had full use of the Lounge on the top floor which (this was a few years ago) had a nice variety of food, especially breakfast and beer, wine etc. Thinking now HBC gives food credit to use as you wish. Maybe since COVID lounges haven't made it back. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at HBC, I love the location of the Bonnet Creek area to parks and DS.

I have stayed at HBVP a couple of times. The pool is very nice. The tower is strangely designed, it took forever to get anywhere and parking was far away. I had balcony room and they are very tiny. No upgrades offered. DS from the tower is closer than most hotels but still a jaunt to get to the pedestrian bridges. If I return there I would only stay in the Island Suites and be close to the pool, pool bar area and closer to Disney Springs and my car. There was NO perks to being Diamond during each of our stays, no lounge or anything. Maybe it has changed.

I would say at one we were def treated as a Diamond should be and at the other we were just another guest.
Thank you! That's great to know!

Since you are staying so long, I would probably choose Disney Springs location but it would be hard because I do love the Signia .
I wish I had time to drive over and check out the lobby.
Can you call and ask if the entry/lobby construction has re- opened ?
The entrance was incredible , excellent staffing, always recognized as Diamond … Really great quik service … and walk straight towards an incredible Bar with amazing seating, views overlooking pool and golf course… Harvest Bistro for breakfast brunch or dinner love .
I just read the Italian Restaurant $$$ is excellent review.
But that pool is designed to offer the best design ( without a beach ) .
Really great and will be looking forward to return ! Also nice walk to the adjacent Waldorf… ( that’s where most of the construction is New Convention between both resorts expansion… .
Love the poolside bar too.
I think it will be amazing when all the construction is done and Convention Business returns .
I think I am talking myself into another vist there! I still have 2 more free nights to use …
P.s. I normally feel uncomfortable at fancy resorts but have always felt Welcome when it was a Hilton and now Signia . but price is increasing with new Signia Brand.
Hope this does not make your decision more difficult.
I guess I suggested the DS location because more restaurants and walk to Disney transportation is easier with frequent service.

Last edited:
Are you aware of the new Hilton Resortsoption just built off Western way Exit in Flamingo Crossing? Also on AK side of the World with comp breakfast and happy hour . It’s not the new Residence Inn but it is next to it… Can’t remeber the name . It is the only new build that has this slide. But most of these Hotels would be easier with car.
CE6CF99F-1B97-49D7-8542-873524FFEA81.png

I just googled Homewood Suites lots of new restaurants being built .
It is also part of the new Villages for College Internship Program

Last edited:
Since you are staying so long, I would probably choose Disney Springs location but it would be hard because I do love the Signia .
I wish I had time to drive over and check out the lobby.
Can you call and ask if the entry/lobby construction has re- opened ?
The entrance was incredible , excellent staffing, always recognized as Diamond … Really great quik service … and walk straight towards an incredible Bar with amazing seating, views overlooking pool and golf course… Harvest Bistro for breakfast brunch or dinner love .
I just read the Italian Restaurant $$$ is excellent review.
But that pool is designed to offer the best design ( without a beach ) .
Really great and will be looking forward to return ! Also nice walk to the adjacent Waldorf… ( that’s where most of the construction is New Convention between both resorts expansion… .
Love the poolside bar too.
I think it will be amazing when all the construction is done and Convention Business returns .
I think I am talking myself into another vist there! I still have 2 more free nights to use …
P.s. I normally feel uncomfortable at fancy resorts but have always felt Welcome when it was a Hilton and now Signia . but price is increasing with new Signia Brand.
Hope this does not make your decision more difficult.
I guess I suggested the DS location because more restaurants and walk to Disney transportation is easier with frequent service.
Thanks! I was wondering why your choice for a longer stay was HBVP, but I think you answered it at the end. Price isn't really a concern as I have nearly a million points, two free night certs, and it's pretty negligible between the two. HBVP is 55K/night; HSBC is 60K/night.

Truthfully, you have me really excited for a Bonnet Creek stay. Sounds amazing!

Are you aware of the new Hilton Resortsoption just built off Western way Exit in Flamingo Crossing? Also on AK side of the World with comp breakfast and happy hour . It’s not the new Residence Inn but it is next to it… Can’t remeber the name . It is the only new build that has this slide. But most of these Hotels would be easier with car.
View attachment 692896

I just googled Homewood Suites lots of new restaurants being built .
It is also part of the new Villages for College Internship Program
No, I didn't know. I'll check it out. Thanks!

Sorry this is all over the place conversation…trying to pack & had foot urgent care recently with too late to cancel hotel reservations !
Tomorrow I’m checking out the value resorts Dosckside at Universal for one night, then ES Icon Park location, then Cabana Bay Poolside Family Suite Interior entry at Universal for 2 nights .
Love this family suite floor plan and Resort . Amazing for holidays.

You would drive past the Grand Destino Towers to go towards Western Way Exit.
I didn’t even know that was there with Mickey& Minnie Welcome . But wanted to see the new housing for the Internship Program .
Also has new smaller Target and Walgreens and Pizza and Mexican and Brewery… and 5 Guys , etc.Starbucks
Just not sure about transportation … Most of these seem to be families visiting with a Car.

Last edited:
You would drive past the Grand Destino Towers to go towards Western Way Exit.
I didn’t even know that was there with Mickey& Minnie Welcome . But wanted to see the new housing for the Internship Program .
Also has new smaller Target and Walgreens and Pizza and Mexican and Brewery… and 5 Guys , etc.Starbucks
Just not sure about transportation … Most of these seem to be families visiting with a Car.
I think you may be responding to the wrong thread. Either that or I am not following. Sorry.

We stayed at Buena Vista Palace a few summers ago and loved it. The rooms are a little tired but the amenities were great!

I think you may be responding to the wrong thread. Either that or I am not following. Sorry.
They were talking about the new Hilton resorts and other new dining/shopping etc. at Flamingo Crossing, which if coming from Disney Springs area you would get to by driving past Coronado Springs (has the new Gran Destino Tower as a landmark) and then turning onto Western Way.

Hi It was in response to the location of the Western Way Exit ,Flamingo Villages location for the Homewood Suites.

Did you have chance to call the Hilton Signia Bonnet Creek front desk?
I am curious if the update to entry has been completed.
I would call myself but just checked in to Dockside Value Resorts at Universal Studios for one night.

Last edited:
Hi It was in response to the location of the Western Way Exit ,Flamingo Villages location for the Homewood Suites.

Did you have chance to call the Hilton Signia Bonnet Creek front desk?
I am curious if the update to entry has been completed.
I would call myself but just checked in to Dockside Value Resorts at Universal Studios for one night.
Ohhhh, gotcha. Sorry about that. I wasn't making the connection.

I just sent an email via the contact us web form on their site. Just waiting on a reply.
My trip isn't until Dec '23, so I'm guessing they'd be done by then in any case.
I'll follow up with a phone call tomorrow if they don't get back to me.

Wells, I am in a similar conundrum. Not a Diamond member, but trying to decide between HVP and HBC given the current discount on Hilton points makes either one very attractive. Did you ultimately decide on HBC?

We will not have a car, so will be limited to busses and/or rideshare. For me, I think my hesitation with HVP is the plusses of the walkability to Disney Springs and the pools vs. the reviews of rundown rooms, paper-thin walls, lack of hospitality, etc.

My hesitation with HBC is being "locked" to the resort, lack of flexibility to get to Disney Springs, having unreliable bussing, etc. We also will likely need laundry as we're coming off an 8-day cruise before the WDW portion of the trip (5-6 days). Is there any laundry option at HBC?

I keep checking for the Hilton Signia Bonnet Creek to use points.
Not having any luck because it is Premium Reward and not ?standard? for point usage. I have never been blocked before.
Am I doing something wrong to use points?
Too lazy to call but I guess I will .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter