Hilton Head in The Winter

Sully

We scare because we care
We have been to HH in August and found it very hot and humid. We are interested in going in late January or February when the points are very low. What is the temperature like? Is the pool area warm enough to sit out? What activities are there to do at this time of the year? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sully

Sully said:
We have been to HH in August and found it very hot and humid. We are interested in going in late January or February when the points are very low. What is the temperature like? Is the pool area warm enough to sit out? What activities are there to do at this time of the year? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sully
Click here for monthly averages for Hilton Head Island, SC (29928) from Weather.com.

Sully,

We have been to HH in February during President's week for the past 2 years.
The points are very cheap and the resort is beautiful. The weather can be very nice (short sleeves, pool, etc.) or very cold (hat, scarf,etc.) all in the same week. It is very unpredictable. But we enjoyed ourselves either way.

We sat by the pool with our DS (the pool is heated but I had my sweatshirt on sitting by it. They had quite a few activities (arts & crafts, campfire, Shadow tales, Dolphin watch, to name a few) but we have never been in the summer to compare it to.

Enjoy your trip and Happy Thanksgiving

We stayed at HH for New Year's two years ago, and we did brave the pool. I (from FL/GA) was freezing, but my husband, who's from Michigan, was fine.

We thought of going too. I looked up the average temps and they're 59-61 degrees. Too cold for the pool if you ask me!

It's not seasonable in Jan-Feb. Some events and activities like the guest clam bake/ BBQ may not be available in the off season due to weather according to the HH concierge. HH will be like crisp fall weather in the Northeast (New York in October, without the beautiful changing leaves)

Flights to HH or nearby Savannah, GA are quite pricey. Much more than Orlando. Restaurants are big bucks too. If you go, bring $$$$!

We decided to do OKW in April.

We visited HH for one night in January in 2004. It was cold. But the resort was very nice, very quiet, and it seemed as if most activities were happening. We had a great time at the campfire!

There were even some guests from very cold northern states in the pool....but even being originally from PA, it was very much too cold to swim for me.

If we're ever looking for a getaway that's close to home and very few points, HH in the winter it will be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter