HIlton Head as a visitor?

MickeyDee

Mouseketeer
My fam is headed to the Savannah and the Hilton Head area as we speak. We planned this trip pretty late so we couldn’t get an actual room at the Hilton ahead resort. I searched whether or not one could just go to the resort and visit but couldn’t find any information about visiting in these our modern pandemic times.

Does anyone know if it is possible to visit currently and take a look if you are not staying as a resort guest?

You could visit before covid, but as you alluded to, covid has changed things. It was only a couple of weeks ago that the Vero Beach resort started welcoming back day visitors, but no idea if HH followed suit. Also not sure if the SC or local restrictions differ than those here in FL.

Good luck!!

My fam is headed to the Savannah and the Hilton Head area as we speak. We planned this trip pretty late so we couldn’t get an actual room at the Hilton ahead resort. I searched whether or not one could just go to the resort and visit but couldn’t find any information about visiting in these our modern pandemic times.

Does anyone know if it is possible to visit currently and take a look if you are not staying as a resort guest?
The official policy is only guests booked at the resort are allowed to use any of the facilities there. DHHIR has not relaxed its policy in that regard. There are signs sitting at the main entrance, as well as, all along the resort side of the Shelter Cove marina walkway saying as much.

Technically, visitors are only allowed to “visit” the beach house counter service. They have a window that doesn’t require a key to the world.
I think so too. If I remember right the last time I was there, the beach house was locked at all access doors. So you can't just walk in. It seemed like the main resort was more accessible, even though you aren't supposed to walk in unless staying there.

I don’t remember a way to get to the beach house without a key. Even from the beach.
Agreed, there isn't one. If you walk back from the beach there is a locked gate, and you need a resort key to use. We stayed one night and went over to the beach house, and had to use a key for the building, and to walk to and from the beach.

When I was there in April, I called to ask if I could visit - just to get a Dole Whip. They apologized and said no, guests only.
I would suggest to just call and ask. :)

Correct, but OP was headed there now.

Yes, but it may or may not be open now. Depending on their ability to staff, its likely to be one of the last things to be staffed - and staffing is a huge issue right now. It just isn't always open.

Technically, visitors are only allowed to “visit” the beach house counter service. They have a window that doesn’t require a key to the world.
Correct! The Signals window is open every day now, and has been for the past month. There have been a couple of instances since it opened for the summer where staffing wasn't available for the window, but that's the infrequent exception. Beyond that window and the bathrooms near the window, there is no access to the Beach House without a key card.

There is no need to call the resort to ask about visiting if you aren't booked there--the answer will still be "only if you are a registered guest." Should that policy change, I'm sure Disney will make an announcement. ;)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter