Hilton Buena Vista Palace or Doubletree Suites at DS?

mroulier

Earning My Ears
Jumped on 2 different Mousesavers discount stays for both of these hotels in the last week...(Will cancel one of them eventually!).
It's just myself and DW, no kids or anything.
The Doubletree room is cheaper for our 7-day stay, but the Hilton Palace looks like a much nicer hotel.
Doubletree has the 2-room suite, Palace is just "a room", but it's still bigger than a typical single at any Disney property!
Palace pool area looks nicer, but I'm not sure how far away the Tower rooms actually are from the big pool and lazy river (which is what I'd like to use!). Doubletree pool looks small...

Do both hotels offer buffet breakfast? Hard to tell from the annoying Hilton websites. Would rather not have to order and wait, especially for ETPE! "GIME EGGES NOW!!" 🥓🍽️ 🥚😋
And the Palace is on the Hilton/Disney Springs 'loop' as far as buses go. Doubletree has a shuttle, yes or no??
I wish the DT had a laundry, that might seal the deal for me (I prefer to pack light!).

We're staying in September, so it'll be warm and we will likely not walk to Disney Springs... we have 5 days at Disney, one at Universal, then a day 'off' somewhere in the middle, so we will be in the room for more than just sleeping, leaning me towards the DT.
Thoughts??

If the LBV palace as gotten their collective act together it is a nice hotel and an easy walk to either the spring or SSR to get busses….

I have spent a few million Hilton points there……

however pre covid they started to slip, and post covid well Hilton took a lot of the fun out of staying there…..
but just based on the walk alone I would stay there over the double tree….

if you happen to be diamond or gold you might get the buffet breakfast ….. that used to be amazing….

all in all still nice just not as nice as it could be

Stayed at both, BVP a few times while going through renovations and DT about 8 times. We drive so never use buses, drive everywhere but DT is part of the DS Hotel group and pre-covid used same buses.

DT is the farthest from Disney Springs, backs up to I-4 (request room facing away from it) but has the two room suites. Pool is very small, outdated but fine if you just want a quick dip and cool off. Never been any amenities happening out there our trips. If pool were important it would not be on my list. Breakfast, pre-COVID they had a "buffet" ~ a cold side and a hot side with a chef who made omelets. We are Diamond and our coupon got us the cold side, we had to pay extra to upgrade to hot. We finally stopped going because the dining area is VERY small, we had to wait to be seated, the staff brought your drinks and it took forever to eat. Real plus is the space & kitchenette IF YOU NEED IT.

BVP has the best pool area in DS and the restaurant/bar right there at the pool area. If I were doing pool time or resort time this would be an oasis from the parks. It is a big hotel, there is walking no matter where you stay to get to amenities, pool or parking. If you are mostly using buses the parking won't be much of an issue. I think the pool is well worth the walk. Since we stayed during the big renovation most dining was closed or a challenge. I did just go look and saw a breakfast buffet. Some rooms have small balconies, you can get facing fireworks. Big enough for two to sit but it was a nice extra.

LETTERPRESS​

A vibrant, fun atmosphere with sweeping lake views. We’re a scratch-kitchen specializing in American comfort food with a touch of southern flair! Open for brunch daily.
A breakfast buffet is available daily from 7am – 11am.

Stayed at both, BVP a few times while going through renovations and DT about 8 times. We drive so never use buses, drive everywhere but DT is part of the DS Hotel group and pre-covid used same buses.

DT is the farthest from Disney Springs, backs up to I-4 (request room facing away from it) but has the two room suites. Pool is very small, outdated but fine if you just want a quick dip and cool off. Never been any amenities happening out there our trips. If pool were important it would not be on my list. Breakfast, pre-COVID they had a "buffet" ~ a cold side and a hot side with a chef who made omelets. We are Diamond and our coupon got us the cold side, we had to pay extra to upgrade to hot. We finally stopped going because the dining area is VERY small, we had to wait to be seated, the staff brought your drinks and it took forever to eat. Real plus is the space & kitchenette IF YOU NEED IT.

BVP has the best pool area in DS and the restaurant/bar right there at the pool area. If I were doing pool time or resort time this would be an oasis from the parks. It is a big hotel, there is walking no matter where you stay to get to amenities, pool or parking. If you are mostly using buses the parking won't be much of an issue. I think the pool is well worth the walk. Since we stayed during the big renovation most dining was closed or a challenge. I did just go look and saw a breakfast buffet. Some rooms have small balconies, you can get facing fireworks. Big enough for two to sit but it was a nice extra.

LETTERPRESS​

A vibrant, fun atmosphere with sweeping lake views. We’re a scratch-kitchen specializing in American comfort food with a touch of southern flair! Open for brunch daily.
A breakfast buffet is available daily from 7am – 11am.
Good to know! Ive been wondering about Diamond level breakfasts.

I have stayed at both
Frankly, all Hilton properties have gone down hill pre and post COVID….

Last trip to LBV palace was memorable but not in a good way….

Location is great! Easy walk to the springs, or one of the bus stops in SSR.

Letterpress use to be included for Gold and diamond members.

This resort used to be a go to spot when I have used all my points…

Looking forward to the day Hilton takes pride in it brand again and upholds their standards….

If you do stay here I would love to hear a favorable review.

Good to know! Ive been wondering about Diamond level breakfasts.
I will say it varies by hotel and timeframe. Even a same hotel changed policies on us. We’ve been to Tampa DTS where they gave 6 of us hot buffet breakfasts and in same basic time frame the one at DS gave us 4 only of cold buffet. I just don’t depend on that perk anymore.

Have never stayed at DT, but have stayed at LBVP 2 times. Was not impressed at all the first time (maybe 2 yrs ago?) but really enjoyed my stay last August. Had a corner room that was quite spacious and overlooked DS. Pool was great and they have food and beverage service to your chair. I believe I got a F&B credit of $15 pp/day (2ppl) as a Diamond.

The short was to DS and the lazy River are 2 points in my book for LBV. The pool area and outdoor bar are a nice treat.

If the LBV palace as gotten their collective act together it is a nice hotel and an easy walk to either the spring or SSR to get busses….

I have spent a few million Hilton points there……

however pre covid they started to slip, and post covid well Hilton took a lot of the fun out of staying there…..
but just based on the walk alone I would stay there over the double tree….

if you happen to be diamond or gold you might get the buffet breakfast ….. that used to be amazing….

all in all still nice just not as nice as it could be
Gold / Diamond still not getting breakfast but a credit instead. We actually preferred this during our bonnet creek stay because we just got snacks and coffee and $30 off our bull and bear meal.

I’ve stayed at both and LBVP isn’t perfect but better than Doubletree in every way. We stayed in the island section of LBVP which is closest to Disney springs and convenient for the pool.

Be sure to include fees and taxes though. They add up quick and can make Disney moderates look attractive by comparison.

Gold / Diamond still not getting breakfast but a credit instead. We actually preferred this during our bonnet creek stay because we just got snacks and coffee and $30 off our bull and bear meal.
True, they give you a 15 dollar per person credit, the 50 dollar per person breakfast used to include two....

I continue to hold that Diamond level service went down.... but about 70 buck a night

Marriott, is my preferred brand now and I not sure I'll ever look back

I’ve stayed at both and LBVP isn’t perfect but better than Doubletree in every way. We stayed in the island section of LBVP which is closest to Disney springs and convenient for the pool.

Be sure to include fees and taxes though. They add up quick and can make Disney moderates look attractive by comparison.
Where you stay at LBVP is absolutely a game changer. If I return to the hotel I would never stay in the tower, too much walking to parking, to pool, to Disney Springs (for where the hotel is located).

Question: Did you have a car? If so I am assuming the lot at the Island is for employee parking OR were you able to park closer to your room?

Where you stay at LBVP is absolutely a game changer. If I return to the hotel I would never stay in the tower, too much walking to parking, to pool, to Disney Springs (for where the hotel is located).

Question: Did you have a car? If so I am assuming the lot at the Island is for employee parking OR were you able to park closer to your room?
No car. We walked to Disney springs and Ubered to the parks so I didn’t investigate parking at all. It was a bit of a hike from the island wing to the main lobby entrance where we could catch an Uber - but not too bad.

No car. We walked to Disney springs and Ubered to the parks so I didn’t investigate parking at all. It was a bit of a hike from the island wing to the main lobby entrance where we could catch an Uber - but not too bad.
Thank you. The layout of the hotel is just too much walking. Parking is one of the big issues.

True, they give you a 15 dollar per person credit, the 50 dollar per person breakfast used to include two....

I continue to hold that Diamond level service went down.... but about 70 buck a night

Marriott, is my preferred brand now and I not sure I'll ever look back
Its expected when you can basically buy status in the US when you buy a credit card. In the uk and europe you still get quite a lot of value even with gold i'm usually upgraded to a nicer room, and get free breakfast.

That said - I'd take the swan and dolphin over any of the hilton hotels on property when we go back. Even with no breakfast (gold not platinum), and resort fees (didnt have to pay at BC due to points reservation) it was a far better deal just because of the transport options, and the extended evening hours.

Thank you. The layout of the hotel is just too much walking. Parking is one of the big issues.
This is true- I LOVE staying in Island building here, but we never have a car. The one time we needed parking for some family it was a HIKE. I wouldn't choose it here if I had a car and planned on driving. Without a car it's fabulous, short walk to springs, nice bus to parks, great pool area. Much nicer than DT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter