• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hilton Anaheim???

mickerbaby

Mouseketeer
This hotel was recommended on the "mousesavers" website, but I don't hear many others talking about it. Can anyone comment? Is it nice, is it walking distance, any sort of breakfast offered (i suspect not)?
thanks
Crissy

Hopefully you'll get some more responses - I have never stayed there, but from what I can gather you can walk across one street and be at the Disneyland parking garage where you can catch the trams in and out of the park. I have read that that hotel is heavily used by convention goers. To read more go to tripadvisor.com and read the reviews. That should really help.

I stayed at the Hilton Anaheim just this past December. I mentioned this in another thread somebody started about this hotel 2 weeks ago. TWICE during my stay there I found a mini metal pipe cleaner embedded in the wash rags while I was showering. I'm lucky I didn't poke my eye out. It's possible those were deliberately embedded. Other than that, it's a nice hotel. They have a nice restaurant, I forget the name, but they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. It was really good. The staff was nice. If you decide to stay there, just bring your own wash rags. :earsboy:

thanks for the info, I love trip advisor! but it is making me rethink my hotel choice. AUHG! I thought I had everything all wrapped up, now back to the drawing board! I wish they had more Disney hotels like at WDW, then I wouldn't be so scared to pick something...
Crissy

I stayed there a couple times. It's a nice hotel and I didn't have any problems. But there are lots of others just as good but you wont go wrong staying there. I went to DL last week and stayed at the Annabella. That was nice and had a bit of character to it.

This is just my opinion but I have found Tripadvisor to be more on the negative side whenever I check it on anything. Have you ever read the reports for the WDW resorts on it? If I had followed their advice I would not get 100 miles w/in WDW.
I have stayed many places where there are nightmare reports on TA that I have had very decent experiences. Then again, it is always good to get feedback on a property that you aren't familiar with. I think a lot about WHAT the complaints are to decide if they are something that I would have issues with.

I have been to that Hilton 2 times in the past 10 years (always for conventions). I had no complaints about the property. If you can get a cheap rate there I would go for it.

I am also trying to pick a hotel for our July trip. I want to hurry up and book it... I am seriously thinking about bidding on Priceline for one. I have been reading the info at www.biddingfortravel.com I have used Priceline for road trips and was really happy with the hotels I got (and can't beat the price) but have never used it for a long stay...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter