Hilton Anaheim

Torontogal

Mouseketeer & Disney Vacation Club Member
We are planning on a short stay at this hotel in early October. We are DVC members but could not get a reservation on-site. Has anyone stayed at this Hilton? Any tips or thoughts? Hoping for some Disney touches!

I stayed there last October with my husband for our 20th anniversary trip to Disneyland. It was fine, but no extra Disney touches, nothing fancy. It's a huge hotel, I think we found 2 different gift shops with Disney souvenirs?

Okay thanks for letting me know. I thought there were characters that show up in the lobby?

Okay thanks for letting me know. I thought there were characters that show up in the lobby?
I did not see any or hear anything about that when we were there. We drove over so we spent our first afternoon/evening exploring the hotel and swimming. But Tuesday-friday we were in the parks literally open-close and on Saturday we slept in as late as possible before we checked out, so I guess that leaves a lot of time for something to be happening in the lobby that we didn't know about.

We are planning on a short stay at this hotel in early October. We are DVC members but could not get a reservation on-site. Has anyone stayed at this Hilton? Any tips or thoughts? Hoping for some Disney touches!

I often stay at the Hilton Anaheim on my trips - full disclosure: I work for Hilton, so staying there is a no-brainer. There are no special Disney offerings as the hotel is connected to the convention center and caters to that crowd, though there might be a large Disneyland advertising banner in the lobby sometimes. It may be busy with business people if a convention is going. It is still very convenient for Disneyland and very walkable too - it's further than some, but not bad. I usually walk up the little side street to Katella, but you can also go straight out to Harbor (I like to stop in the CVS for a Coke Zero). Everything else is pretty standard for a Hilton and it's a very safe, if unexciting, choice.

*I already disclosed, but I do have to mention that I am a Hilton employee when discussing our hotels. Thanks!

I often stay at the Hilton Anaheim on my trips - full disclosure: I work for Hilton, so staying there is a no-brainer. There are no special Disney offerings as the hotel is connected to the convention center and caters to that crowd, though there might be a large Disneyland advertising banner in the lobby sometimes. It may be busy with business people if a convention is going. It is still very convenient for Disneyland and very walkable too - it's further than some, but not bad. I usually walk up the little side street to Katella, but you can also go straight out to Harbor (I like to stop in the CVS for a Coke Zero). Everything else is pretty standard for a Hilton and it's a very safe, if unexciting, choice.

*I already disclosed, but I do have to mention that I am a Hilton employee when discussing our hotels. Thanks!
This ^. Last week we caught up with our daughter , who was at the Hilton with friends for two nights before we arrived, and took her to the Disneyland hotel . I walked over with her to get her luggage at 10pm , and the place was a zoo with partyers and conventioneers . She said it was like that the night before . Long Lines for the elevators and rowdy. it may not be what you want after a busy day at the parks . The Disneyland Hotel was a library compared to the Hilton . The Westin next door is also more quiet and relaxed.

The Hilton is a convention center hotel that is somewhat walkable to Disneyland. They also sell some Disney souvenirs in the gift shop. There are no Disney touches, characters, or anything special related to Disney other than that.

Fellow Ontario girl here! I wouldn’t pick Hilton as my first choice for a hotel if you’re doing a lot of days in Disneyland. It’s a great hotel, don’t get me wrong, it’s a Hilton, but it’s about a 20 min brisk walk to security. I’m assuming this is your first time to DL as a WDW veteran?

Disneyland isn’t like WDW when it comes to hotels or location. It’s right in the middle of the city, with lots of hotels, restaurants etc right outside the gates. While there are 3 Disney brand hotels, the walk from them to the parks is actually longer than some non Disney hotels.

Who are you travelling with? Any little ones? Only adults? How many park days are you planning on doing? If you give us more info that may help us give you some better options.

I’m not sure on your budget. But if you don’t mind spending around $300 cad per night, I would highly suggest the Howard Johnson, it’s only an 8 min walk to security and they have some rooms in building 1 that are park view. The courtyard Marriott is another great choice. It’s next to the hojo and is a huge favourite on here. If you’re ok with motel style, there are a lot of great choices that are super close to the gates. While in the morning 20 minutes doesn’t feel bad to walk to the parks, at night after a long day in the park it feels like the longest walk ever!!! 😂

...and if there is a Convention in town during your stay you can forget about the lobby Starbucks in the AM...lines are freakin ridiculous.

As others mentioned it is just a convention hotel...nothing special for being close to Disney. Fine if you want the full service hotel feel and have stayed there plenty for conventions but not even on my radar as an option for a DL Park trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter