Hillybilly Deluxe Doesn't Know What He Got Himself Into! August 2010 PTR

KayBella

Mouseketeer
:welcome:to my PTR! :banana: I’m stoked to be doing this because it gives me an outlet to be ridiculously excited about this trip without boring my DH to death with all the planning! He agreed to this trip but he has NO idea what he’s gotten himself into! Hence, the PTR title!

Feel free to comment! Don’t be nervous! I can use all the help I can get!:eek:

WARNING: This is my 1st PTR. Bear with me! Keep in mind to just give the rookie a break every now and then! :rolleyes1

On to the good stuff!

WHO:

Me: Carmen, aka Kaybella, I’m a 25 year old wife, mom, Licensed Massage Therapist & waitress (yes I know, I wear a lot of different hats, it keeps things interesting!) I love auctions, horses, garage sales and planning this trip! I wouldn’t say before this trip came along I was a so-called Disney freak..however I’m getting there!

DH: Scott, 24, husband, dad, works with GPS systems for farm equipment (I grew up in town, so I’m not too great at explaining exactly what he does!) He loves to work outside, Rodeo (he rides bulls!! my BIL calls him Hillbilly…hence the title again!) and he also loves teaching our daughter all sorts of stuff—good or bad—either way it will probably come around to kick us you know where some day.

DD: Kallyn, 2, pronounced Cal-Lynn. She has QUITE the personality. Lover of Elmo, her baby & stroller, books and SINGING. She is just now starting to recognize Mickey-however she’s known Woody for a while-of course-he’s a cowboy-her Dad wouldn’t have it any other way! She will not be going with this for this trip, we going to scope it all first! Besides WE need a VACATION!

WHAT:
We’re celebrating our HONEYMOON!!! :lovestrucWe were married January 17, 2009 and never went on a honeymoon due to money and the lack of it!

WHEN:
August 17-August 23, 2010

WHERE:
Port Orleans, Riverside

WHY:
We finally realized we’d have the money to make a trip and I’ve been bugging DH about going to Disney for a while now. He actually didn’t bat an eye and said “Go for it!” So here I am, writing a PTR because I feel like I’ve done all the planning I can do for now and now we’re just waiting.

Have I mentioned that I was at WDW in the 2nd grade and haven’t been back? DH has NEVER been there so I’m trying to make this so he’ll want to go back year after year! Another important thing to mention: DH has never been on a rollercoaster.:scared1: At 1st made me a little nervous, but I convinced myself “For crying outloud-he RIDES BULLS!! He’s gotta love roller coasters! He’s an adrenaline junkie!” However, he is not a big fan of water or water slides because he “doesn’t like the feeling of having no control….” Coming from someone who will get on a 2 ton bull WILLINGLY ..Really!? C’mon! That’s a whole other story! Oh well..I married him anyways! :lmao: :love2: If you can't tell, we're quite the pair...just two big kids at heart..you're in for an interesting and entertaining ride!

Not for sure how to post pictures or if I’m even allowed to yet…but if someone could oh so kindly let me know how in the world I’m supposed to do it, feel free to share!:woohoo:

Quick shout-out to my sister Monica-she’s on these boards somewhere! She’s the reason I found disboards!:cool1: WAHOO! Hi MONICA!! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!! She’s fabulous-my best friend. She’s crafty and it makes me sick! She does a little something regarding Make-A-Wish trips and making super cute outfits for them. Can you tell I’m new here with the lack of knowing what everything is called!? :thumbsup2

Up next: schedule, ADR’s,Transportation, did I get the Free Dining, To Do or Not To Do’s, Will DH wear a coordinating but not matching shirt..and all that Jazz!

Thanks for reading! :thanks:

Hii!

We went to WDW for our honeymoon two years ago and stayed at POFQ. We had a FANTASTIC time!!

I've been going pretty much every year since I was pre-born. (Haha. My mom went while she was quite far along with me in her pregnancy and rode IASW over, over, and over again to get out of the heat. That's probably why it's still one of my favorite rides.)

I'm up for helping!! I had a PTR for our last trip but never finished it, so I'm trying to be more active with mine and reading others this year!

Will get the next part up soon! I just started a new job today (which PS..I LOVE IT!!!) Quick sidenote for a little update-I just booked us the Keys to the Kingdom tour...finally decided to just do it..I went back and forth whether or not we'd like it but what the heck...why not?! :cool1:
Have a good one and take care!!:thumbsup2

Holy moly! :scared1:It’s been longer than I expected to get back to this PTR!
How dare I fall behind!!

Anyways! Welcome back! Thanks for the patience since I tend to procrastinate way more than I should!:woohoo:

Well..what was it that I said we were going to talk about? Oh yes..the all important ADR’S and infamous schedule that I’m trying my darndest to keep!!!

Check these out and let me know what you think! :hug:

Tuesday—Arrival Day & DTD
Lunch @ POR Food Court
Dinner @ Wolfgang Puck Express OR Earl of Sandwich
(We’re taking it easy this day, maybe check out one park just to see how things work. I’ve also made a reservation to take a carriage ride around POR)

Wednesday—MK
Dinner: The Plaza
Thursday – AK
Breakfast: Tusker House (Character Breakfast)
Dinner: ESPN..Out of pocket
JELLYROLLS Thursday night!!!!!!

Friday---Relax in the AM and then head to HS
Dinner—Sci-Fi

Saturday – Epcot
Lunch—Biergarten
Dinner – Tutto Italia

Sunday—Don’t know where we’re going to be for most of the day—here’s the ADRs
Breakfast: Chef Mickey’s for Character Breakfast
Dinner: Hollywood & Vine with the Fantasmic Package!:wizard:

Monday: MK & Departure
Keys to the Kingdom Tour with lunch provided.

I know the day we're at Epcot we're not going to see everything, so I have a feeling we might end up back there Sunday and part of Monday! We don't leave until late Monday night and we've both taken off the day on Tuesday to relax at home! I also realize we have 2 BIG ADR's that day with a lot of food-so I made sure to make and early lunch and a 7:00 ressie for dinner!

So what do you think? I'm open to suggestions!popcorn::

I got to share my story about the non-matching shirts. My DH & I are quite the crew. We know how to have good clean fun 24/7 but we do have the history of stirring things up a bit. Monkey see-Monkey do type of couple! No wonder our DD2 is a spaz!!:rotfl2: So I thought this would be so easy to get him to do it...

So here I was, all gung ho about this trip and my sister Monica was telling me about the shirts her girls wore to WDW when they went last fall. I looked at Scott and he knew EXACTLY what I was thinking. I got a "genious" idea I told him. In our household, thats sarcastic for "oh dear..lets hear it..but this isn't gonna be pretty!" He looks at me and without me saying one word let alone making any sound..he says sternly "I am NOT wearing matching shirts....." Well poo. That idea got shot down way to quick to even think about fighting that one!

A few days later, I'm at this point addicted to the boards and I find where people are talking about making their own shirts. Oh boy...I had way to much fun! I came up with the idea to have Minnie & Mickey dressed up as a cowgirl and cowboy (since that fits us!!!) with Minnie holding a rope around Mickey that says "I thought I had him roped in...." and on the back saying "But he wouldn't wear it..." and then have DH wear a shirt that says "I Don't Do Matching Shirts..." I think its funny and cute...but I'm easily amused! :lmao: However, I haven't had the chance to figure out how to do it or even come up with a design. On the bright said...

DH SAID HE WOULD ACTUALLY WEAR THAT!!!!!!
LOL
Isn't that great?!? I suppose you'd have to know him, he's a stubborn booger. :rolleyes::lovestruc

BTW..Rodeo season as officially begun in our house. DH went to a bull ride tonight..didn't win any money..however did well..6.8 seconds outta 8! Oh well..its the luck of the draw! Keep him in your thoughts and prayers that he has a good, healthy and fun season! :thumbsup2

n16902846_34668720_635.jpg

Just trying out if I got the adding pictures things down or not!
If it appears--here's a picture of me and DH!

29683_753840066470_16902846_43377237_7865655_n.jpg

DD2--not a very good picture--I'll post better ones later!

The whole Hillbilly Deluxe thing reeled me in..:rotfl:
I am looking forward to reading more! Your little girl is adorable btw!

The whole Hillbilly Deluxe thing reeled me in..:rotfl:
I am looking forward to reading more! Your little girl is adorable btw!

Thank you! I was trying to think of a good title since I'm terrible at being creative and it all of a sudden just popped in my head! I do what I can! :rotfl:

i am planning our first trip to disney! i just started my PTR. your DD is adorable! :goodvibes

i am the same way with my DH lol! he has no idea what he has got himself into lol :lmao: we also have never been on a honeymoon but we are taking a cruise within the next few years that will be our very late honeymoon. we were married Dec. 2006. im going to sub. to your PTR if you dont mind!

i am planning our first trip to disney! i just started my PTR. your DD is adorable! :goodvibes

i am the same way with my DH lol! he has no idea what he has got himself into lol :lmao: we also have never been on a honeymoon but we are taking a cruise within the next few years that will be our very late honeymoon. we were married Dec. 2006. im going to sub. to your PTR if you dont mind!

Hi! Thanks for reading! Its really funny, I keep telling DH that he REALLY has NO idea and he just blows it off! Oh boy! :rotfl: Feel free to sub and I'll have to check out your PTR too. P.S...its NEVER too late to take a honeymoon!:thumbsup2

Joining in . Great start!:thumbsup2

Super! Thank you!!

I'm in the process of trying to get a t-shirt design going...its looking alright so far I think! It's not much.but it gets the point across! Now, lets see if I can figure out how to share with you all! :rolleyes1

Quick question! This may be getting a bit obsessive..and if it is..let me know!!
Should I be figuring out transportation for each day??? As in, do I need to figure out now where I need to go and where I need to be to get from one park to the next, resort to resort...etc? I already know to the the boat to DTD! Most of the time, I'm the go with the flow kinda person..but I'm getting the feeling I'm going to be really overwhelmed when we get there! HELP...am I worrying about nothing!?

Honestly..DH thinks I have lost my mind! :confused3

What have I left out that people normally put in the PTR?? I feel like I've forgotten something! If there's something you want to know, feel free to ask. If I don't have it figured out yet..maybe we can figure it out together!:grouphug:

Our family is very laid back and goes with the flow. We are not the commando style family. If we stay late for EMH we sleep in late the next day.
We are not the type of family that is on the go, are plans can change from minute to minute.

Phone booth in Epcot @ UK?? Have you heard of this? Apparently you can have someone you know call the phone booth when you're near and suprise someone you are with? Monica just called and heard about it..she wants to try it on DH when we're there! I think that would def. catch him off guard! Anybody heard of this and is it that easy to get ahold of someone on it?!?!

No, I haven't heard about that. I thought it was just part of the park and not a real telephone booth. That would be cool to have that happen. :thumbsup2

GOOD GRIEF!!! It's been awhile! Are there anybody still out there following along?!? If not...I totally understand!:rolleyes:

Update! My sister, Monica, is now planning a trip with just her DH. NO KIDS ALLOWED on this trip!:woohoo: They're headed to WDW in September!:banana:

Does anyone know if its still possible to share a photopass cd? Lets say, we use it for our trip and then Monica uses it for her trip? Our trips will be about a month apart.

I've started collecting things we need for the trip and setting them aside. I'm getting a little antsy! Quick story to show how excited I am for this trip--a few weeks ago, I got on the Purex website and requested a sample of the Purex 3 in 1 laundry sheets so we could use them on the trip---WELLLL...I got them in the mail the other day and I was giggled like a little girl and went and called DH at work. Not only did I call him but when he got home, I ran quickly and got it to show him! He looked at me and said "Honey...its for the laundry......" C'mon where's the enthusiasm!?!?!:sad2:

Yes. I know. I am dork. And at least I can admit it. :cool2:

DH also asked me if I was going to be taking pictures of our food while we were there. I told him I hadn't made up my mind yet.:rolleyes1

Side note: DH rode at a local rodeo this weekend. He did well but he did get bucked off at about 5.5 seconds..close but no cigar. Shoot. However, none of the bullriders rode for the full 8 seconds if that makes him feel any better!!:laughing: I don't remember if I mentioned this or not but the big new in our rodeo household--DH FINALLY got a sponsor. Which is HUGE for us! Less $$$ out of our pocket for entry fees..now we only really gotta worry about is gas money. WAHOO!!! :cheer2: I also just gave DH the green light to get new chaps. Yes I know, I'm a very supportive wife.princess: He's lucky I was in a good mood!!!:lmao: He really did need them though--his current ones are getting torn up. That tends to happen when you ride bulls I suppose.....:headache:

Anyways, if you are still hanging in there with me---->:grouphug: to you!
Take care!! Talk to ya'll soon!

Sooo.....I just switched out 3 of the ADR's we had! Good grief! Here's the switch-e-roo...did I do the right thing or no!?!? :confused3 I simply couldn't resist the ressies when I saw they popped up. Oh dear help me!

Switched Chef Mickeys at 8:30 AM for Ohana's at 7:35 AM
Switched Plaza @ MK supper for lunch at Crystal Palace at 11:50 AM
Switched Tutto Italia at 6:50 for Le Celllair at 6:20 PM

I'm really excited about the last one..but I'm crossing my fingers the 1st two were a good idea! Likes? Dislikes? Anyone? I feel like I should call out "Bueller...Bueller....." ya know the movie? Please someone tell me they know what I'm talking about!!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter