• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hillary Clinton hospitialized

I just read that. Hope she pulls through. It's a good thing they caught the blood clot early. I love the Clintons too much for anything bad to happen to them...

She had the flu and fell and got the concussion a few weeks ago. I heard that she's now had a blood clot as a result of the fall. Don't know more details.

Thank you for clarifying for me. I have been having a horrible sleep cycle. Sleep 50 minutes and then wake up totally rested for about 5 hours, then dead to the world.

I also hope only the best for her. It sounds very scary but I do know that caught early they can use medication for blood clots. I think I saw DVT mentioned.:hug::hug:

for a concussion due to a brain trauma from possibly the flu.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_new...alized-after-doctors-discover-blood-clot?lite

I may have read the article to fast. Thus the diagnosis from the flu. I just had my first re-wake up of the night.

Hope she is okay.

Hillary Clinton has suffered from blood clots since 1998. She was hospitalized in 1998 and in 2007 for this exact thing. She's been on blood thinners on and off since 1998 for this condition. This clot probably has nothing to with her fall/concussion. She's suffered with this condition for the last fifteen years, long before her recent flu.

You know all the conspiracy theorists are going to just say that somebody doesn't want her to testify :rolleyes2

They're not disclosing where the clot is or where it was found, but they are using anti-coagulants to attempt to dissolve it. Which I believe is a first-line thing that indicates it's not, at least atm, or so far, very dangerous. They said they're keeping her for a couple days for observation to monitor how the drugs are working.

Hillary Clinton has suffered from blood clots since 1998. She was hospitalized in 1998 and in 2007 for this exact thing. She's been on blood thinners on and off since 1998 for this condition. This clot probably has nothing to with her fall/concussion. She's suffered with this condition for the last fifteen years, long before her recent flu.

Wouldn't mean they're not related though, afaik - I mean she could have caused an injury (besides the concussion) when she fell that triggered this.

Hope she's ok soon.

See you learn something everyday. PLEASE THE NEXT STATEMENT IS NOT POLITICAL....

All I know is that my DS actually left his Call of Duty game to come and tell me his chance to see the first Female President was in jeopardy and he was really worried (he is 17). I felt it must be pretty bad when he told me this. Plus just skimming the article was not a smart thing to do.

Would it be safe to assume that she needs to change her medication at this point? Nurses/Doctors - Does there come a point where it is no longer a way to treat this?

My uncle has been on blood thinners for several years and recently fell and hit his head when the chair he was standing on broke. He felt fine but he began to have bleeding in the brain which collected in the area between the outer brain and skull. The doctor said this can easily happen to patients who take blood thinners. The only way we knew something was wrong was when he had two accidents in the same day and he was extremely forgetful. I wonder if she is having these same symptoms?? Scary!

My uncle has been on blood thinners for several years and recently fell and hit his head when the chair he was standing on broke. He felt fine but he began to have bleeding in the brain which collected in the area between the outer brain and skull. The doctor said this can easily happen to patients who take blood thinners. The only way we knew something was wrong was when he had two accidents in the same day and he was extremely forgetful. I wonder if she is having these same symptoms?? Scary!

Presumably, as they released that she'd been put on anti-coagulants, that couldn't be what happened to her.

If there were bleeding or a clot involving the brain they wouldn't put her on anti-coagulants, it'd just make it worse/more dangerous.

cornflake said:
Presumably, as they released that she'd been put on anti-coagulants, that couldn't be what happened to her.

If there were bleeding or a clot involving the brain they wouldn't put her on anti-coagulants, it'd just make it worse/more dangerous.

Ahhh...yes. Someone said that she has been on blood thinners for some time now due to prior blood clots.

It could be that she hit her head and got a blood clot as a result. Or at least originally thought that she had a concussion but it was more problems with a blood clot.

I also hope that she'll be OK. I've always been a fan.

I saw on the news that they caught it at a check-up, which hopefully means it's not too serious as she probably didn't notice it herself. Since they're keeping her to monitor her, I think she'll be okay. (But I was really scared when I first saw the headline!)

I saw on the news that they caught it at a check-up, which hopefully means it's not too serious as she probably didn't notice it herself. Since they're keeping her to monitor her, I think she'll be okay. (But I was really scared when I first saw the headline!)

What kind of 'checkup' reveals a blod clot in the brain? She's been off work now for over a month-with the flu and then the fall. I'm guessing she was exhibiting some symptoms of on going concussion and they decided to do some extensive testing. Poor thing. I'm sure she'd rather be on some island laying in the sun than going through all this health scare. Get well Hillary!!!

What kind of 'checkup' reveals a blod clot in the brain? She's been off work now for over a month-with the flu and then the fall. I'm guessing she was exhibiting some symptoms of on going concussion and they decided to do some extensive testing. Poor thing. I'm sure she'd rather be on some island laying in the sun than going through all this health scare. Get well Hillary!!!

Again, she doesn't have a blood clot on the brain unless they're actively lying about medical details they have released.

If it were in her leg, it's not hard to catch in a checkup, especially if she's had them in the past someone would likely have it in mind to check.

Do you have a source for that? If true, it certainly would explain a lot, but I sure can't find any mention of her ever have any health issues of any kind that required hospitalization.

Do you have a source for that? If true, it certainly would explain a lot, but I sure can't find any mention of her ever have any health issues of any kind that required hospitalization.

I saw a ref. to her being hospitalized for a blood clot in the '90s someplace (I was wandering around reading online aimlessly, I'll look) with a quote from her as to it being the worst health issue she'd had. The latter I haven't seen either but wasn't looking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter