• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hijinks & Shenanigans but not much Mayhem@The Dark Side+Disney:Link to DL/Hawaii TR

at Kerry. Thanks for the info you sent me a couple of weeks.ago. I don't think I saw the Facebook msg from last friday. I don't have Facebook on my phone and I haven't had a chance to log in here. If you want to copy and paste to a private msg here I have one open.

Killer breakfast at the wailana coffee house, close to your hotel. Basic diner with a long line but it moves fast. Have a great morning and safe travels to Maui!

I'm going to be good and not comment on red lobster lol.

We could see wailana coffee house from our balcony. Saw reasonable prices and remembered you had a decent meal there. we used to love red lobster but havent been to one in 10 years in orlando Because the closest one to us is more than two hours away. just passed coffee house and long breakfast line.

On our way to airport to Maui. First overcast day. Rained overnight and lighting in mountains.

Ill check in later from maui

arrival in Maui went well except it was raining at the airport when we landed. By the time we picked up the rental car it had mostly stopped and was partly sunny once we got to the room.

we haven't rented a car on vacation in ten years. It is amazing what you can fit in a versa for luggage when you are too cheap to pay for an upgrade!9

had lunch at dukes in Maui. We were starving and it was fantastic.

The boys can't believe the size of the condo and love that there is a kitchen and dining area. All of the appliances are new and complicated. Had to call for instructions on the washer dryer combo, took about ten minutes to figure out the coffee maker and then we had to call someone up to help with the programmable thermostat that the previous guest screwed up.

Went grocery shopping quick swim and watched sunset.

No plans today for the first time in forever. Water is a bit stirred up from the storm but I hope we can snorkel today.

have a great one everybody.

Thanks for keeping us up to date Dee. Not much activity on the BOG list. Slower time for planning now I guess. Enjoy!

Day two in maui. Yesterday we snorkeled at the resort. Awesome corals and fish. We saw turtles coming up for air from shore and saw a couple as soon as we entered the water. Conditions are not the greatest with the cloud cover and runoff from the storm but still one of the best snokeling spots we have ever been to. Then into lahaina yesterday afternoon for shave ice.

Today was snokeling at molokini crater (incredible) with trilogy tours - great service. we saw a fairly large octopus and we followed a moray eel that was swimming in the open for about a minute.

Then Maui ocean center because it is right there. Meza mesa. Dinner in a little bit at dukes. Maybe more snokeling after.

Nate and I have a surf lesson at 7 am tomorrow. Mark and Ben may do standdup paddleboard. Then more snorkeling!

Aloha and goodnight.

Day two in maui. Yesterday we snorkeled at the resort. Awesome corals and fish. We saw turtles coming up for air from shore and saw a couple as soon as we entered the water. Conditions are not the greatest with the cloud cover and runoff from the storm but still one of the best snokeling spots we have ever been to. Then into lahaina yesterday afternoon for shave ice.

Today was snokeling at molokini crater (incredible) with trilogy tours - great service. Then Maui ocean center because it is right there. Meza mesa. Dinner in a little bit at dukes. Maybe more snokeling after.

Nate and I have a surf lesson at 7 am tomorrow. Mark and Ben may do standdup paddleboard. Then more snorkeling!

Aloha and goodnight.

Loving the updates, Dee. So glad you are having a great time. Have fun at your surf lesson. :)

Can't wait to read your full trip report (please create one!) It sounds like you are indeed having the trip of a lifetime.

So nice to hear how much you are enjoying yourself.

Yay for a dukes do over! Oh my! I got an earful from my office today about the weather but it sounds like it has passed through and should improve :)

So happy about the snorkeling, I know how much you guys love it.

Honestly I don't know what is so great about snoring when you are on vacation. Is it some sort of a revenge thing with everyone sleeping in the same room? I know teenagers are a pain in the tuchas but aren't there better ways to get back at them.... I mean discipline them?

And is the sleep apnea so bad that you think you see turtles while you are snoring? I really think you should get yourselves checked out when you get back. That sleep apnea snoring sounds like it's getting really bad.

Speaking of getting checked out I'm cutting this short because I have an appointment at the eye doctor. It's been 10 years since my last visit but I still think it's a waste of time as my giant eyeglasses are going to come back in style any minute now. The other thing is that those bifocals they sell at the drugstore are much cheaper than the expensive crap the try to sell you at the fancy schmancy eye doctor's office. Those drug store bifocals are so cheap I can afford to have multiple pairs in every room, which comes in handy since they are so hard to find when I put them down.

Oh well...That's enough about me. Have a nice trip and I hope you get to do something more fun on vacation instead of all that snoring!

:hug:

~NM

More snorkling after dinner. Just me and mark. Saw two of The biggest turtles (loggerheads) we have ever seen in the wild. When we came out of the water mark said all he could think of was "we are in the eac dude"

Nice update Dee! I knew you would LOVE Molokini!! Is your surf lesson with Goofy Foot? If so, "keep ripping it"! Are you fitting in the Road to Hana and/or sunrise at Haleakala (the latter being perfect for your sleep schedule haha!)?

At Kerry. I wanted to do goofy foot but Nate met a rep from Maui wave riders and he liked them. it is a shame but we are not going to make it to haleakala or haha. Not enough time and we just want to be in the water. That might be on the agenda if just mark and I make it back alone. Kids are having trouble keeping up with the two of us. Wimps!

How do you like the Versa? I had one in Orlando in March and it had no power. We laughed so hard how weak it was.
It sounds like your trip is fabulous. I can't wait to read about it.

At Kerry. I wanted to do goofy foot but Nate met a rep from Maui wave riders and he liked them. it is a shame but we are not going to make it to haleakala or haha. Not enough time and we just want to be in the water. That might be on the agenda if just mark and I make it back alone. Kids are having trouble keeping up with the two of us. Wimps!

Sounds like you all are having a fantastic time! Isn't it great being in paradise!! Ahhhhh...I miss it. Hey Dee you can't do everything (we missed things too) and we were in Maui longer. I understand what you mean about the water...just gorgeous...we spent a lot of time on the beaches and in the water too!

it is a shame but we are not going to make it to haleakala or haha. Not enough time and we just want to be in the water. That might be on the agenda if just mark and I make it back alone. Kids are having trouble keeping up with the two of us. Wimps!

I don't think that you will regret spending more time in the water than driving around. :goodvibes You'll be seeing the volcanoes on the Big Island, anyway.

You and Mark definitely need to go to Hawaii without the boys. It is much nicer than way. ;)

At Jen. The boys HATE the Versa. Maybe it was the ride from the airport with for people two large suitcases two small suitcases and carryons. I like the small size since I am driving and legroom is never an issue for me. It has enough pep but then again I am just outrunning other tourists.

No regrets about water time. Mark and I snokeled three times yesterday. Boys went once. We debated the last dip in the water but at the end of the short snorkel a spotted eagle ray swam toward us. You all the fish in advertisements for hawaiian waters and we were skeptical but you really do see all that.

hopefully hasn't spoiled the Caribbean for us!!!

I was just thinking a minute before your post that mark and i need to do this alone. I would probably stay in Maui the whole time and fit in hana and haleakala. maybe some at big island once we have seen it

We fly to bi this afternoon.

Great trip though not much relaxing. But we were as active as we wanted to be and let the kids chill when they wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter