Hijinks & Shenanigans but not much Mayhem@The Dark Side+Disney:Link to DL/Hawaii TR

Get Busy (Resort Activities)

Hard Rock Orlando is offering a couple of neat programs this summer:

Sound of Your Stay- Guests can borrow an expensive guitar for use during their stays.

BE A CLOSET ROCKER WITH PICKS.

Satisfaction. That’s what a luxury brand experience should embody. And what could be more satisfying than a world-class Fender guitar delivered to your room? Hard Rock and Fender have teamed up to offer a uniquely authentic rock-and-roll experience and serious guitars are the new in-room amenity. Are you ready?

Guests may choose from 20 different awesome Fender guitars including legendary Stratocasters, classic Telecasters and a few special surprises. We also offer bass guitars for those of you who love throwing down a funky baseline. Plus, we provide an amp and a pair of headphones to ensure maximum sound for you and zero noise complaints to us.

The best part? There's no charge or time limit on use (but just to be sure you don't go off on your next world tour with our guitar, a $1,000 credit card deposit is required when checking a guitar out). So grab that Fender axe you’ve always wanted to try, channel Stevie Ray or Clapton and shred for as long as you're staying at Hard Rock Hotel.

Full Menu of Guitars

Wow, I wonder if they had this when we went back in 2011. My husband would have flipped!

My GOD I love World Showcase. It's so strange to think that I used to find it meh. It's just so lovely to walk around there.

And MAELSTROM. Holy WOW what an awesome series of "over the falls" shots. :thumbsup2

Haha, I actually paused when you said you watched the movie. :eek: Just goes to show that you shouldn't stop reading.

MMM I like the look of that Slushie. It kind of has an R2D2 vibe going.

AWWWWWWW. That is such a great PP spot. And a great spot for an Anniversary smooch.

That's a great photo Dee! I love that feeling of speeding along the track... of course my hair is usually whipping around my face so I can barely see. :)

That's awesome!!! How exciting to look forward to that.

My anniversary is just days after yours - we are on the 22nd.

Getting caught up with your Dis stuff and the non Dis!

Your son was "Beverly'd" How funny!

Sum of all Thrills is a fun activity. I love the realistic loops and corkscrews. I seem to recall you saying that Mark worked for Raytheon in a past life??

I'm a Malestrom fan - gotta love those trolls. Too funny with your "troll road" :rotfl2: I ditch the movie after as well.. pardon me, excuse me while I exit in the back here. After seeing that short little tourism film about a half dozen times I think I'm good.

Karamel Kuche - my new favorite snack place in Epcot! The salted caramel anything has my name on it.

What a nice anniversary photo at Epcot. The smoochy one is especially appropriate given the occasion. :love:

I usually take pictures on TT but I think that is the first time I have one showing the straight away.

I am so excited to be going to the meet! I have "met" a lot of great people through the Beach Club thread and elsewhere on the DIS who have become very important in my life and I am so looking forward to seeing everyone face-to-face.

Speaking of meets, you and I will just have to toast our July anniversaries over a pina colava or two, in about 5 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

Mark did work for Raytheon right out of college, so yes, a past life

:lmao:

Ben "Beverlied" himself. He has tried it before and had it voluntarily here.

:sad2:

Wow, I wonder if they had this when we went back in 2011. My husband would have flipped!

:welcome: to the report!

I'm pretty sure the "Sounds of your Stay" promotion with the opportunity to borrow a cool guitar was introduced last summer. I haven't kept up with news at the Hard Rock to see if it still going on.

:goodvibes

My GOD I love World Showcase. It's so strange to think that I used to find it meh. It's just so lovely to walk around there.

And MAELSTROM. Holy WOW what an awesome series of "over the falls" shots. :thumbsup2

Haha, I actually paused when you said you watched the movie. :eek: Just goes to show that you shouldn't stop reading.

MMM I like the look of that Slushie. It kind of has an R2D2 vibe going.

AWWWWWWW. That is such a great PP spot. And a great spot for an Anniversary smooch.

Mark and I have always loved the World Showcase, from our first visit when we were 18 year old high school seniors. We don't spend nearly the amount of time as we would like there on our trips now that we are bringing the boys. They are not quite interested in browsing and appreciating the authentic details of the countries.

I didn't really remember taking all of those "Over the Falls" pictures until I looked at them for this update. We must have been in the back(front) of the boat.

Like Brenda, we have done our share of watching the Norway movie. Don't want to hog it from the newbies who deserve their turn!

:rotfl2:

The slushie was really good. We tend to share our drinks between the 4 of us, so we rarely get ones with alcohol. But I do break for Grey Geese when I have the opportunity! :drinking1

We have other family photos from this lovely spot,

but this year's anniversary picture is so special to me.

Awwww - what a cute anniversary smooch! :thumbsup2 Cute pictures of you two love birds! :love:

I love you pictures of the china pavilion. So pretty! I have watched the movie maybe three times. I have to admit with all the kiosks during F&W and F&G my priorities change from watching to eating and drinking. :rotfl: Funny how that happens! :rolleyes1

Dee, I'm going to win the "bad friend" award for the past month or so, but it's been crazy!!!! Just catching up quickly and had to comment on that wonderful photo of you and Mark. You both look great and so happy - made me smile! :)

P.S. I may or may not be guilty of checking fares for August.

Awwww - what a cute anniversary smooch! :thumbsup2 Cute pictures of you two love birds! :love:

I love you pictures of the china pavilion. So pretty! I have watched the movie maybe three times. I have to admit with all the kiosks during F&W and F&G my priorities change from watching to eating and drinking. :rotfl: Funny how that happens! :rolleyes1

Thanks! We had to be encouraged to do the kiss picture- we aren't really big on PDA. I actually don't like the kiss picture as much as the other one, though. We are so happy in that picture.

I appreciate your comments about the China pictures. I have always loved that temple. Unfortunately, we didn't make it into the room with the clay soldiers.

Food & Wine... someday...

Dee, I'm going to win the "bad friend" award for the past month or so, but it's been crazy!!!! Just catching up quickly and had to comment on that wonderful photo of you and Mark. You both look great and so happy - made me smile! :)

P.S. I may or may not be guilty of checking fares for August.

No worries. Trust me, I understand the end of the school year crazies, but I have been thinking about you and your family. You do owe me a couple of theatre pictures when you get a chance...

My boys don't get out of school until June 25!!!

:eek:

I don't think I have mentioned that I was in a photopass share with a few people. During our trip, there was an offer of 20 free 5x7 photos in addition to the CD, and the generous person who was running our share (not me) offered 5 of the pictures to each of us. Most of the ones I picked were family shots, but I picked this one of the two of us too.

Your comment about airfares makes me smile! I hope you are able to find something decent! Keep looking and keep me posted.

Ok you "had" me for a minute there when you said you'd watched the Norway movie :rotfl: We always leave now too and then I feel guilty (blame my convent education) for the people working there with no audience :lmao: Dont feel bad enough to stay though :rotfl2:

Love the picture of you and your hubby giggling like schoolkids on the bridge at France :goodvibes Gorgeous photo and your smiles just radiate happiness-definitely one to put on display at home :goodvibes

I don't think I have watched the Norway Movie...or the China one. I heard a rumor they were going to take the Norway movie out because no one watches it anymore, but that was a while ago, so not sure if they really are or not.

Ok you "had" me for a minute there when you said you'd watched the Norway movie :rotfl: We always leave now too and then I feel guilty (blame my convent education) for the people working there with no audience :lmao: Dont feel bad enough to stay though :rotfl2:

Love the picture of you and your hubby giggling like schoolkids on the bridge at France :goodvibes Gorgeous photo and your smiles just radiate happiness-definitely one to put on display at home :goodvibes

We always feel guilty sneaking through, too, but not guilty enough to actually stop!

Funny thing- with all of the pictures I take, or have taken, we really don't have many on display. The two framed pictures I have of the boys on the table in our entry hall are from at least 3 years ago.

I have that picture of us hanging on the side of the refrigerator, but it is the side facing the sink, so nobody but me ever sees it. I probably should put it in a frame and put it out on a table or something.

Adding "Updating pictures on display" to the To-Do list.

:rotfl:

I don't think I have watched the Norway Movie...or the China one. I heard a rumor they were going to take the Norway movie out because no one watches it anymore, but that was a while ago, so not sure if they really are or not.

Wouldn't that be a shame if you missed the Norway film entirely?

NOT!

I love the O' Canada film. The France one is really good and China is ok, but I haven't seen either of those two in a very long while.

:)

Ahhh, the lovely world showcase! I could wander around there all day. Great pics from the ride in Norway!
Mango tea slush sounds yummy!
I've never eaten anything from Karamel Kuche! I keep meaning to but I'm never in the mood for a snack when I'm there.
Awww! Love the anniversary Photopass pictures!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We always feel guilty sneaking through, too, but not guilty enough to actually stop!

Funny thing- with all of the pictures I take, or have taken, we really don't have many on display. The two framed pictures I have of the boys on the table in our entry hall are from at least 3 years ago.

I have that picture of us hanging on the side of the refrigerator, but it is the side facing the sink, so nobody but me ever sees it. I probably should put it in a frame and put it out on a table or something.

Adding "Updating pictures on display" to the To-Do list.

:rotfl:

Sounds very familar but a couple of Christmas' ago I was given a digital picture frame as a present and have loads of my holiday photos on there which I love as they change order randomly so you get a little glimpse of happy times with everyone at different ages and stages :) One of my favourite presents :thumbsup2

Wouldn't that be a shame if you missed the Norway film entirely?
:rotfl::rotfl:
NOT!

I love the O' Canada film. The France one is really good and China is ok, but I haven't seen either of those two in a very long while.

We watched O Canada last year (during a rainstorm) and really enjoyed it but haven't seen the others in quite a while.

Ha,Ha! I thought I was the only one who skipped through the Norway movie. Actually I've seen all the Epcot countries at least once so I'm good. BTW love your Anniversary shot! You and your husband are too cute!
I see you made another trip to Karamel Kuche, hmm?;)

Dee, I learned so much in these last updates I have read. Now to see if I can remember some of them. The most helpful might be knowing about the guitars at Hard Rock. When I was planning our two week stay I wanted a split stay and Chris said no. He likes the idea of checking into one resort and staying put till it is time to go home. This might get him to change his mind.;)

Your slushy looks good, although Tipsy Ducks might be calling my name. I think my last trip Elizabeth might have tried the slushy.

As for movies in WS, I am guilty of not taking the time to watch them. With the next trip being just Chris and I we both hope to spend more time in WS. To both watch the movies, the street acts and to drink and eat. I am hoping they start Food and Wine early again next year.

We never watch the Norway movie either (although you had me for a minute :rotfl2:)

I love the pictures of you and Mark!

Ahhh, the lovely world showcase! I could wander around there all day. Great pics from the ride in Norway!
Mango tea slush sounds yummy!
I've never eaten anything from Karamel Kuche! I keep meaning to but I'm never in the mood for a snack when I'm there.
Awww! Love the anniversary Photopass pictures!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

There is so much to look at as you wander through the World Showcase. Mark and I used to love exploring, but we really haven't done any of that since we started bringing the boys on the trips.

The slush was very refreshing!

SO many temptations at Karmel Kuche.

Thanks for the comments about our anniversary pictures. It's actually a good thing we have these and didn't have to rely on the Photopass pictures at the Wishes Dessert party later that night.

Dun Dun Dunnnn.... (yes, more of those)

:rotfl2:

We watched O Canada last year (during a rainstorm) and really enjoyed it but haven't seen the others in quite a while.

I remember the movie in Canada pre-Martin Short, and it was good, but it is great now with him hosting.

Ha,Ha! I thought I was the only one who skipped through the Norway movie. Actually I've seen all the Epcot countries at least once so I'm good. BTW love your Anniversary shot! You and your husband are too cute!
I see you made another trip to Karamel Kuche, hmm?;)

You know, I think more people actually skip the movie than stay to watch!

I'm glad Mark cooperated with the photos. He doesn't love having his picture taken but he played along.

Just like it is impossible to walk by Spaceship Earth without going in, we can't seem to resist a visit to the caramel shop when we go by Germany.

:thumbsup2

Dee, I learned so much in these last updates I have read. Now to see if I can remember some of them. The most helpful might be knowing about the guitars at Hard Rock. When I was planning our two week stay I wanted a split stay and Chris said no. He likes the idea of checking into one resort and staying put till it is time to go home. This might get him to change his mind.;)

Your slushy looks good, although Tipsy Ducks might be calling my name. I think my last trip Elizabeth might have tried the slushy.

As for movies in WS, I am guilty of not taking the time to watch them. With the next trip being just Chris and I we both hope to spend more time in WS. To both watch the movies, the street acts and to drink and eat. I am hoping they start Food and Wine early again next year.

Some of my favorite words "I learned so much" or "You helped me"

I'll have to see if they are still doing the guitar thing. I'm not sure I saw anything over on the Universal forums around the time of our stay.

Tipsy Ducks in Love: Two forms of caffeine AND booze! Sounds great to me. Unfortunately not one to share with the kiddos.

I like the movies in Canada and France the most.

Maybe it is my French-Canadian heritage

:lmao:

We never watch the Norway movie either (although you had me for a minute :rotfl2:)

I love the pictures of you and Mark!

I have certainly seen more than my quota of the Norway film.

The pictures of us from that day are really special to me.

:love:

Dee - with all of my free time....I am catching up. I love the "troll road" :rotfl2:
Gave me a good chuckle. And when you said you watched the movie (we run out like zombies are chasing us too)....Ha - I don't know if we have actually every watched the movie. Also, very nice photo of you and Mark.

Rebecca

All right, caught up again...but you tried to trick me by not putting a link to "We'll always have Paris" in the Table of Contents. ;)

I loved your comment back on Living with the Land about "a gallery of photos that I (and let’s admit it, you) have taken a million times already!" I know exactly what you mean -- so hard to write a chapter on LWTL to a bunch of DISers who've seen that one many times before. But your chapter ranks right up there with the best of 'em!!! :thumbsup2 :rolleyes:

Okay, so I learned that the "Hijinks and Shenanigans" TR title comes from your ride on Mission Space. :yay:

Aw, nice anniversary pictures in France! :love2:

Dee - with all of my free time....I am catching up. I love the "troll road" :rotfl2:
Gave me a good chuckle. And when you said you watched the movie (we run out like zombies are chasing us too)....Ha - I don't know if we have actually every watched the movie. Also, very nice photo of you and Mark.

Rebecca

Thanks!

Seriously, does anyone watch that movie? We have paid our dues.

Thanks! I love that photo. One of my two favorites of us taken that day on our anniversary.

All right, caught up again...but you tried to trick me by not putting a link to "We'll always have Paris" in the Table of Contents. ;)

I loved your comment back on Living with the Land about "a gallery of photos that I (and let’s admit it, you) have taken a million times already!" I know exactly what you mean -- so hard to write a chapter on LWTL to a bunch of DISers who've seen that one many times before. But your chapter ranks right up there with the best of 'em!!! :thumbsup2 :rolleyes:

Okay, so I learned that the "Hijinks and Shenanigans" TR title comes from your ride on Mission Space. :yay:

Aw, nice anniversary pictures in France! :love2:

OOPS!!! Sorry about that! I was running out of the house the morning I posted, intending to come back to add the link. Then a week goes by... Thanks for the heads up.

Yes, that was definitely where the title solidified. We had used the phrase "Knock of those Hijinks! And Shenanigans!" all through the trip, starting at Universal, but it was here that :idea: I decided that would be the title of my report.

Thanks! I love those shots on the bridge.

Dee, I'm slowly catching up on the DIS now that I'm back home.

What a lovely update. When we were there last week, that open spot on the Norway ride that overlooks the walk below was boarded up...but the ride was going. :confused3

We did both the China and Canada films last week (plus American Adventure).

That slush looks yummy.

Love the photopass pictures...especially the smooching one. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter