Hijinks & Shenanigans but not much Mayhem@The Dark Side+Disney:Link to DL/Hawaii TR

Hard Rock looks cool. Didn't know you had to print out your express passes. When we stayed a few years back your room key acted as both your admission ticket and express pass. Did you have to carry room key and pass to enter park?
My tag would read U2 or Van Morrison :thumbsup2

Great update Dee!!

How did you like Manchester? We are 5 minutes from Logan but have always wondered how flying out of Manchester or Providence might be, given how chaotic Logan is all the time!

We took a walk over to the Hard Rock a couple of years ago when we visited Universal. We loved it! My DW, who is very picky, thought it was great and said she would definitely stay there some day. We walked the grounds, checked out the pool, lobby etc. It looked like a fun place to stay.

The artist on my Hard Rock name badge would be James Taylor!!

Can't wait for the next installment!!

Jay

We really like Manchester. It's like a real airport now!!! I remember when it first opened, it was really "quaint"

We won't drive to Logan, but Manchester is no problem. Long and short-term parking fee is really reasonable. The only reason we didn't drive this time is that our return flight landed after 10 pm and we thought we would be too tired to drive (We were!). About 5 years ago I picked my dad up from the airport at 8 am on a Saturday morning. I was in the 2nd row of the parking lot, and it cost me $2!

We really liked the Hard Rock. We would definitely stay there again on a return trip to the Dark Side.

Hard Rock looks cool. Didn't know you had to print out your express passes. When we stayed a few years back your room key acted as both your admission ticket and express pass. Did you have to carry room key and pass to enter park?
My tag would read U2 or Van Morrison :thumbsup2

The Hard Rock was great!!! More pictures and info to come.

You are correct, you used to use your room key as an express pass. But now, you print out a separate pass that has your picture on it. One of those tyvek/plastic-y things.

So, if you are going in to the parks for the early admission, you need:

Your park ticket
Your express pass
Your room key (to prove you are staying on site)

Great arrival chapter! Easy entry at MCO and a waiting room at the beautiful Hard Rock Resort? What more could a girl ask for? Can't wait to hear what happens next. :goodvibes

But I have a little confession to make, to you, and Wendy (teekathepony) and all of my other photography enthusiast friends.

Although I did bring my new Canon DSLR to Florida, I didn't use it.

I purchased a camera case right before the trip, but couldn't figure out how to put the camera into it. :confused3

At US/IoA, I didn't want to take the camera because of all of the wet rides we did and the locker restrictions at the parks. It was nice having my point and shoot, weatherproof cameras with me at all times.

At Disney, it rained. A lot. I didn't want to go through the effort of babying the camera there, either.

So I did not get a chance to test out the Canon in what is a true proving ground.

*hangs head in shame*

:blush:

Ah a DSLR... I did not know this! Another one bites the dust.

Loving the report and interested in this place you call Universal (???) :cool2:

Excellent arrival post.

I gotta admit, I would have been quite happy to sit by myself on the plane. I love flying - the take off, the landing and any quiet time I can get in between to settle into a good book.

I can't decide on my music badge name. Hmmm, maybe Lyle Lovett, or if I can have a group I love a long ago disbanded group named the Bourbon Tabernacle Choir. I'm sure I'll think up 10 or so other musicians before the night is out.

Excellent arrival post.

I gotta admit, I would have been quite happy to sit by myself on the plane. I love flying - the take off, the landing and any quiet time I can get in between to settle into a good book.

I can't decide on my music badge name. Hmmm, maybe Lyle Lovett, or if I can have a group I love a long ago disbanded group named the Bourbon Tabernacle Choir. I'm sure I'll think up 10 or so other musicians before the night is out.

This has to be the best name EVAH! for a musical group!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourbon_Tabernacle_Choir

~NM

SUBBING!

Doing our first split stay in December '14 and can't wait to read about yours!

:wave2:

Yay for arrival! We fly SW all the time, and snag the first 5 seats we see together. Never a problem, but we do not hesitate! At any rate, all's well that ends well and it sounds like you had a very peaceful flight!

I will NOT be showing the cartoon at the beginning of your post to my family - would only invite ridicule! (Although I would be saying all that in July 2012 for the summer of 2013.) :)

And Hard Rock is looking good . . . for a theme park-that-shall-not-be-named resort!

With South West airlines one of you could pay for early bird boarding and then save the seats for the other 3. The only way this causes a problem is if you have carry-on luggage that needs to be stowed in the overheads.

~NM

Great arrival chapter! Easy entry at MCO and a waiting room at the beautiful Hard Rock Resort? What more could a girl ask for? Can't wait to hear what happens next. :goodvibes

Thanks!

We were very happy everything went well with our driver in Orlando- the owner of the company was really looking out for us on this trip.

We were thrilled to learn our room was ready, and pretty darn pleased when we walked into the room. Pictures of the room tomorrow.

:)

Ah a DSLR... I did not know this! Another one bites the dust.

Loving the report and interested in this place you call Universal (???) :cool2:

Did you miss the memo about the camera? Santa found one for a great price while out early on black Friday.

But just because I have one, doesn't mean I used it. Brought it out one morning during a pre-sunrise Beach Club photo safari (sound familiar to anyone), but I started snapping pictures in the lobby and everything turned out yellow. So I went back to my regular point and shoot. Plus, with locker restrictions at US/IoA and the rain at Disney, it wasn't worth bringing it to the parks.

I will try to find some time to practice and seek out advice when necessary so I will be ready next time.

:thumbsup2

This looks great, I'm in!

:welcome:

Thanks for the kind words. I am so glad to have you along!

:goodvibes

Excellent arrival post.

I would give the arrival a solid 9.5! Pretty happy with how everything went. Love the name of the band. Bet that would generate some conversation!

:charac2:

This has to be the best name EVAH! for a musical group!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourbon_Tabernacle_Choir

~NM

I agree! :thumbsup2

SUBBING!

Doing our first split stay in December '14 and can't wait to read about yours!

:wave2:

Great! Hope I can help you out with your planning. The major thing I would change would be going to Disney first, then Universal, for a couple of reasons, but our timing was specifically designed for a very important meet with a friend.

:cool1:

Yay for arrival! We fly SW all the time, and snag the first 5 seats we see together. Never a problem, but we do not hesitate! At any rate, all's well that ends well and it sounds like you had a very peaceful flight!

I will NOT be showing the cartoon at the beginning of your post to my family - would only invite ridicule! (Although I would be saying all that in July 2012 for the summer of 2013.) :)

And Hard Rock is looking good . . . for a theme park-that-shall-not-be-named resort!

Thanks for the endorsement of SW!

The comic strip does hit a little close to home, doesn't it???

Really liked the Hard Rock!

And finally, you probably noticed, I tweaked the title of my report just a bit- you probably are disappointed with the change.

;)

With South West airlines one of you could pay for early bird boarding and then save the seats for the other 3. The only way this causes a problem is if you have carry-on luggage that needs to be stowed in the overheads.

~NM

Great suggestion! It did seem like people do that. I think I would end up being the one grabbing seats and defending my territory and I am ok with that. We rarely use the overheads for carry-ons. I only pack stuff that can fit under the seats, so we are ok there.

:idea:

Yep....I totally missed the camera memo. And if it makes you feel better ALL my nighttime shots of the lobby come out yellow. That and fireworks are the two hardest things to shoot.

Keep going and get tips from your 'board sistah' :hug:

~NM

NM....you have the best tips!!!!:goodvibes

Yep....I totally missed the camera memo. And if it makes you feel better ALL my nighttime shots of the lobby come out yellow. That and fireworks are the two hardest things to shoot.

Keep going and get tips from your 'board sistah' :hug:

I know. The lighting in the lobby and Solarium resulted in a really ugly hue in all of my pictures.

I didn't do much with fireworks- Mark and I watched Illumintations and I snapped a few photos. I decided I would video Wishes, holding the camera (the new Fuji)- no tripod yet. You can take pictures while you video tape, so I have a few from that, too.

NM....you have the best tips!!!!:goodvibes

She does has some awesome ideas- and most of them are even legal!!!

I remember that band, Janet!

My name would be David Bowie.

And sitting away from my family and their constant demands is the start of a great vacation for me! LOL

I am totally late, arriving on page 7 of your TR. :faint: I just have to blame it on my new job.

Usually when I check in on SWA right at 24 hours I end up with the beginning of the B group. Of course, its usually just two of us flying so its never a problem. My only complaint is I liked it better when the preboarded all the small kids and they all sat in the front of the plane. Now they are all over and so noisy.

I think the Hard Rock is such a cool looking hotel. Curious to see how your liked. I can think of multiple names I would want on my name tag. I'd need one for each day of the week. :rotfl:

Looking forward to more!

The "No Dancing" sign at Disney I posted in the intro appears in a few of the trip reports I follow..

:thumbsup2

Our family has a 'drop everything and dance' time, so I don't think the 'no dancing' would work for us. :)

Great start to your report! Love the pics of the Hard Rock. I think my tag would say U2, or Billy Joel or Peter Gabriel, or maybe "too many to choose." I can't believe how early you checked in and you still had to sit separated. My husband would not be thrilled either.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

But they all should come with a disclaimer.

::yes::

They were a great Toronto group but they never could get their stuff together enough to make it big. Sad though, since their music was as great as their name.

Now back to Dee's regularly scheduled programming. Looking forward to the room photos.

That is a shame!

Your wish is my command- room pictures coming right up!

:)

I remember that band, Janet!

My name would be David Bowie.

And sitting away from my family and their constant demands is the start of a great vacation for me! LOL

You and I would get along just fine, me thinks!

;)

I am totally late, arriving on page 7 of your TR. :faint: I just have to blame it on my new job.

Usually when I check in on SWA right at 24 hours I end up with the beginning of the B group. Of course, its usually just two of us flying so its never a problem. My only complaint is I liked it better when the preboarded all the small kids and they all sat in the front of the plane. Now they are all over and so noisy.

I think the Hard Rock is such a cool looking hotel. Curious to see how your liked. I can think of multiple names I would want on my name tag. I'd need one for each day of the week. :rotfl:

Looking forward to more!

You are not late at all. I am just getting started!

Hope all is going well with the new job.

We really liked the Hard Rock!

:cool2:

Our family has a 'drop everything and dance' time, so I don't thikn the 'no dancing' would work for us. :)

Great start to your report! Love the pics of the Hard Rock. I think my tag would say U2, or Billy Joel or Peter Gabriel, or maybe "too many to choose." I can't believe how early you checked in and you still had to sit separated. My husband would not be thrilled either.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

OK, OK- You can dance if you want to!

:banana::banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter