Highway in the Sky Dine Around with Wishes viewing area

I saw a recent Instagram post about the evening. They said it was a great dining experience

That's good to know. I really hope they extend HITS. It looks like a really fun experience.

We'll be there the last weekend in April~ 1st week in May.

I have Citricos booked for dinner just in case:goodvibes We've never been so i was so happy to see it is one of the courses in this dining event.

Hope it continues:cheer2:~~not in least interested in the new Cali Grill event for $99pp.Been there done that. But i love the idea of experiencing all the different venues.

Friends just returned. They did HITS while there. Said it was okay. They would not do it again.

What they didn't like:
1. No drink refills. He asked for another Bay Lake Sunset and got a look like he'd just asked for the server's first born child. No extra drink for him!
2. At one stop, he was speaking with a Disney restaurant manager whom he knows very well, and one of the "guides" rushed over and interrupted the conversation saying, "I need to take him (meaning our friend) as we need to get back on the monorail and move on".
3. It was pretty clear that it was one glass of wine only with dinner. Fortunately, by this point they hooked up with a couple that was not drinking but was happy to order two wines and give them to our friends!
4. The only liquor available was Bailey's. Said the server looked at him like he was crazy when he said asked for it on the rocks rather than in coffee. They did bring it though.
5. Further to all of the above, the evening was far, far too regimented for our friends' taste.

What they liked:
1. The short ribs at Citricos. Said they were delicious.
2. The other guests were very nice to interact with.

Our friends said it's probably fun for people who've never done anything like this. But, for folks who remember the amazing dining events that used to be part of the Epcot F&W Festival, it was . . . meh.

He was also told it's being brought back but with a higher price (no surprise there as it seems to be popular).

Definitely an evening we'll pass on.

I got a phone call last night from our host for Tuesday. Standard questions about driving, food allergies, stairs, ect. She told me that the staff does NOT know if this will be brought back or not.

Friends just returned. They did HITS while there. Said it was okay. They would not do it again.

What they didn't like:
1. No drink refills. He asked for another Bay Lake Sunset and got a look like he'd just asked for the server's first born child. No extra drink for him!
2. At one stop, he was speaking with a Disney restaurant manager whom he knows very well, and one of the "guides" rushed over and interrupted the conversation saying, "I need to take him (meaning our friend) as we need to get back on the monorail and move on".
3. It was pretty clear that it was one glass of wine only with dinner. Fortunately, by this point they hooked up with a couple that was not drinking but was happy to order two wines and give them to our friends!
4. The only liquor available was Bailey's. Said the server looked at him like he was crazy when he said asked for it on the rocks rather than in coffee. They did bring it though.
5. Further to all of the above, the evening was far, far too regimented for our friends' taste.

What they liked:

Our friends said it's probably fun for people who've never done anything like this. But, for folks who remember the amazing dining events that used to be part of the Epcot F&W Festival, it was . . . meh.

He was also told it's being brought back but with a higher price (no surprise there as it seems to be popular).

Thanks for the update... I think... :(

I got a phone call last night from our host for Tuesday. Standard questions about driving, food allergies, stairs, ect. She told me that the staff does NOT know if this will be brought back or not.
We'll be there Tuesday night as well. Hoping for a lovely evening.

OUCH.

While I did the math (with original offering) and felt it has value if you partake on all aspects,

I would likely not pay more if they bring it back higher.

That is too bad if they do, I keep defending but ........ getting harder. :sad2:

So does mean I better book Sip and Savor at CG quickly before it comes back more?

OUCH.

While I did the math (with original offering) and felt it has value if you partake on all aspects,

I would likely not pay more if they bring it back higher.

That is too bad if they do, I keep defending but ........ getting harder. :sad2:

So does mean I better book Sip and Savor at CG quickly before it comes back more?

I would! Look at the Express Transportation... they raised the price on that after only a few months! :eek:

I would! Look at the Express Transportation... they raised the price on that after only a few months! :eek:

Yeah, we knew that was coming and won't be the last. It's got to make money and doubt it was even breaking even.

Just saw Dining Plans all got raised too. Glad I'm done with them.

True - but pretty much across the board people thought the Express was priced low...an "introductory price" so to speak. The week long per day cost is still very inexpensive.

We are our own worst enemies when it comes to events like this. So many of us want to do it, Disney sees the demand (completely booked within days?), Disney raises prices to test the ceiling... I have wondered if the Sip and Savor is their way of simplifying the event. If people will pay $99 for apps, drinks, fireworks, desserts, why go through all the machinations of the HITS for $50 more? I would think the Sip n Savor HAS to have more margin, right?

True - but pretty much across the board people thought the Express was priced low...an "introductory price" so to speak. The week long per day cost is still very inexpensive.

We are our own worst enemies when it comes to events like this. So many of us want to do it, Disney sees the demand (completely booked within days?), Disney raises prices to test the ceiling... I have wondered if the Sip and Savor is their way of simplifying the event. If people will pay $99 for apps, drinks, fireworks, desserts, why go through all the machinations of the HITS for $50 more? I would think the Sip n Savor HAS to have more margin, right?

The transportation didn't really interest me so I didn't really delve into it. I said earlier in this thread that I thought the Sip and Savor could be a replacement for HITS... and yes, we are our own worst enemies! :) It just seems that they are either testing the waters with the price or suddenly can't figure it out... It just frustrating to hear on an almost daily basis about fees being raised... transportation, dining plans, tickets, etc... And yes, I know many are optional but still!

What they didn't like:

What they liked:

All negatives in this "report" were oriented around the lack of liquor. Little or no mention of the overall experience, deserts, fireworks, food, etc. The Disney web site doesn't say anything about unlimited liquor refills, (take a look) - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/contemporary-resort/highway-in-the-sky-dine-around/. It sounds like the "Friends" were expecting something totally different than what was offered. I for one, cannot wait to experience this event, it sounds absolutely wonderful.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to Saturday the 4th. The overall experience appeals to me more than the new thing at the Cali Grill.

All negatives in this "report" were oriented around the lack of liquor. Little or no mention of the overall experience, deserts, fireworks, food, etc. The Disney web site doesn't say anything about unlimited liquor refills, (take a look) - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/contemporary-resort/highway-in-the-sky-dine-around/. It sounds like the "Friends" were expecting something totally different than what was offered. I for one, cannot wait to experience this event, it sounds absolutely wonderful.
We are excited too. One pour of each drink is MORE than enough for us. I usually have a cocktail before dinner and a glass of wine with max, so 4-5 drinks (depending on what is being offered with dessert) is already a stretch for me.

We are excited too. One pour of each drink is MORE than enough for us. I usually have a cocktail before dinner and a glass of wine with max, so 4-5 drinks (depending on what is being offered with dessert) is already a stretch for me.

Me too, my son and I will be there Wens the 8th and I've already told him to be ready to finish almost all my drinks. I'm a light weight so a sip or two at each stop will be more than enough for me. Oh, he's a grown man by the way in case anyone thinks I'm contributing to a minor.

I know a few people on this thread that went said to make sure to drink water as well due to the amount of alcohol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter