Highest paying role w/ disney college program?

Over what course of time? Was this after the program was over? Wow I can see being able to bring home 1,000 dollars but 3,000 WOOOOOW. That is cool. Was this over a course of 5 months W/ a lot of overtime?

Oh no, QSFB is one of the highest-paying roles. Trust me on that one (I was in QSFB last summer).

And it was over 7.5 months (Fall Advantage). And I did do some overtime, but it wasn't a ton.

Oh no, QSFB is one of the highest-paying roles. Trust me on that one (I was in QSFB last summer).

And it was over 7.5 months (Fall Advantage). And I did do some overtime, but it wasn't a ton.

oh that is cool. Thk u for replying. :cutie:

OK seriously, the only way you're coming back from the CP with $3000 is if you have parents that are supplementing your income, work a ridiculous amount of hours, or sit around at your apartment and only hang out at the park. I mean really, they won't even have CP night at PI anymore where you could get in free.

Really though the CP is not a money making scheme, its all about the experience. So have fun and do as much as you can when you are there.

PS...I would so bring my car. I didn't for my CP and completely regretted it. Read the SHOULD I BRING MY CAR thread.

OK seriously, the only way you're coming back from the CP with $3000 is if you have parents that are supplementing your income, work a ridiculous amount of hours, or sit around at your apartment and only hang out at the park. I mean really, they won't even have CP night at PI anymore where you could get in free.

Really though the CP is not a money making scheme, its all about the experience. So have fun and do as much as you can when you are there.

PS...I would so bring my car. I didn't for my CP and completely regretted it. Read the SHOULD I BRING MY CAR thread.

No, I was not getting money from my parents, I wasn't working a crazy amount of hours (though I did pick up some overtime for fun), and while I did hang out a lot at the parks I did buy stuff and do stuff. It is easy to come home with money.

Im calling BS on your funds as well. People like you that post all of this false information is what misleads people that want honest answers and to have reasonable expectations.

If you just go off of the wages from last year.... you would be making $6.67 an hour.

6.67 x 40 hours a week = 266. or 1067 per month

I also still have access to my paystubs....so I see there is about $35 in tax a week coming out..

1 week = 35 or 140 a month

So now we have a monthly income of around 927

let us not forget rent, which averages around 80 a week for most people..

1 week = 80 or 320 a month

So now with pay minus your rent..... 607 per month.

Now if you take that 607 per month....and divide by "around 3000" you claim to saved.... That brings us to... 5 months !!

So in order for you to have saved "around" $3000, you would have to not spent 1 dime for 5 months. No food, no water, no gas, no entertainment, no jelly beans at the parks, not 1 mickey icecream, not 1 taxi ride, not 1 pack of gum.... for 5 months.

In other words, you either freeloaded off of all the roommates your had, or your embelishing the fact that you did alot of stuff, didnt work extra hours, or indeed didnt save anywhere remotely close to 3000 bucks.

Edit :

Seems you said you earned that over the course of the fall advantage program....now considering during a couple of months during that program that alot of CPs go on a reduced hourly schedule, meaning 32 hours a week, due to the lower volume of people in the park, I think we can clearly called this MYTH busted.

We understand you are a huge Disney fan and there is nothing wrong with that, but stop making things appear much better than they clearly are.

Im calling BS on your funds as well. People like you that post all of this false information is what misleads people that want honest answers and to have reasonable expectations.

If you just go off of the wages from last year.... you would be making $6.67 an hour.

I also still have access to my paystubs....so I see there is about $35 in tax a week coming out..

Now if you take that 607 per month....and divide by "around 3000" you claim to saved.... That brings us to... 5 months !!

So in order for you to have saved "around" $3000, you would have to not spent 1 dime for 5 months. No food, no water, no gas, no entertainment, no jelly beans at the parks, not 1 mickey icecream, not 1 taxi ride, not 1 pack of gum.... for 5 months.

In other words, you either freeloaded off of all the roommates your had, or your embelishing the fact that you did alot of stuff, didnt work extra hours, or indeed didnt save anywhere remotely close to 3000 bucks.

Edit :

Seems you said you earned that over the course of the fall advantage program....now considering during a couple of months during that program that alot of CPs go on a reduced hourly schedule, meaning 32 hours a week, due to the lower volume of people in the park, I think we can clearly called this MYTH busted.

We understand you are a huge Disney fan and there is nothing wrong with that, but stop making things appear much better than they clearly are.

crimsontide, you didn't like your experience or anything :wink:

after my college program......of making a grand total of 6.75/hr((AFTER THE QSR bonus))

I walked away with. . .. .

my last two paychecks. lol. and only because they came after I left. I LOVE to spend!! hehe

Edit :

Agreed. It just isn't possible. You would have to work a serious amount of overtime. I mean SERIOUS amount to keep that much.

Besides isn't the real reason we are all going to do a CP is for the experience? Disney is unique. Thats why we go there. Not for the money. I could make waaaaay more money if stayed home and worked.

Agreed. It just isn't possible. You would have to work a serious amount of overtime. I mean SERIOUS amount to keep that much.

Besides isn't the real reason we are all going to do a CP is for the experience? Disney is unique. Thats why we go there. Not for the money. I could make waaaaay more money if stayed home and worked.

Thank you guys for backing me up on my orig post. It is just not possible unless you stay in, just go to parks, get money from home, pick up extra hours....

I think by our posts it's pretty clear.. if all you want is to work and not play AT ALL, then maybe you'll save a couple bucks. DO NOT expect to go down and come back with savings... thats absolutely ridiculous..

Edit :

Um, no. Sorry to disappoint you. But I am not making things out to be bigger then they are. I was making more then 32 hours a week. And I wouldn't lie about how much money I made. Sheesh.

Um, no. Sorry to disappoint you. But I am not making things out to be bigger then they are. I was making more then 32 hours a week. And I wouldn't lie about how much money I made. Sheesh.

This really isn't going anywhere.. so anyone reading the posts.. take majority advice.. but I would like to add that I was workign 50+ hours a week in QSFB (not by choice) and was not even taking anything home... so..

Ok, we can sit here and doubt someone and pick at them all day, but do we really know how much she spent a week? Where she went? How much overtime she made? We won't ever know how much of this she did, so we can only make assumptions if she made that much or not. Now the amount may have been a little high, but we don't know any of the circumstances. We can assume this all day long and call her a liar, but to be honest, these boards are for discussing the positive aspects of working for, and participating in the college experience. For us to point someone out and call them a liar, without knowing the true conditions of what happened where she lived, who her room mates were and if they had any outside help, or how much overtime she pulled in then we won't know.

I for one think that either way whether false or true, we shouldn't be quick to point the finger at her. Most of the posts that she has done have been backed up by many disney college program alumni's and I can easily argue that just because she wasn't backed just this once by an alumni, she told the truth all the other times, so why would she lie now? I agree the funds sound really large, but until the conditions are understood, the answer will not be.

-end rantish kind of post- :woohoo:

Ok, we can sit here and doubt someone and pick at them all day, but do we really know how much she spent a week? Where she went? How much overtime she made? We won't ever know how much of this she did, so we can only make assumptions if she made that much or not. Now the amount may have been a little high, but we don't know any of the circumstances. We can assume this all day long and call her a liar, but to be honest, these boards are for discussing the positive aspects of working for, and participating in the college experience. For us to point someone out and call them a liar, without knowing the true conditions of what happened where she lived, who her room mates were and if they had any outside help, or how much overtime she pulled in then we won't know.

I for one think that either way whether false or true, we shouldn't be quick to point the finger at her. Most of the posts that she has done have been backed up by many disney college program alumni's and I can easily argue that just because she wasn't backed just this once by an alumni, she told the truth all the other times, so why would she lie now? I agree the funds sound really large, but until the conditions are understood, the answer will not be.

-end rantish kind of post- :woohoo:

If you looked at most of our posts... we were asking her how this was possible. None of us called her a liar, we were stating the obvious that none of us came home with that kind of money, and we were wondering how it was even possible that she did that. Yes, this board is positive, and is there to help those interested... which is the reason why most of us are saying don't give people false ideas. We wouldn't want people thinking that they are going to go down there and take away 3,000. I understand what you are getting at, but chill a bit. I think we are old enough to know not to call people liars... its ok..relax... we are just having a discussion.

This may not be calling her a "liar" but i'd find it offensive that someone is saying that i'm posting false information and misleading people. I think that's pretty darn close to calling someone a liar. I understand that people may assume they might come how with that much as well, and that can be a bit misleading so there should have been some kind of disclaimer or something a long those lines. All I was trying to say is that before we jump to assumptions that no one can make this much money, or that she didn't make this much, then we shouldn't call her out on BS and false info. We really don't have solid proof on any of it.

Sorry if I was coming off rude or snotty in my last post! :goodvibes

I liked to think that we as adult would be nicer to each other. Just because no one said "liar" does not mean that it was not implied. Joanna71985 has always been an exetremely helpful poster on these boards since I have been on here.

I made no money on my program. Part of the reason was for the last month I only worked 20 hours a week because Spaceship Earth where I worked was down for rehab. But mostly it was because i spent everything I had. I constantly ate out, went clubbing, had a season pass to Universal. I wasnt there to make money. I was there to have an awesome time and I spent seven of the best months of my life there. I actually would have made money had i choosen to save. I worked overtime but spent it all.

My roommate made money although im not sure how much. She worked some overtime but not crazy hours and she was in QSFB. She didnt just sit in our room either but she was no where near as out going as I was. She was more of a quiet person and enjoyed just spending a day in the parks. Me im very social and i am always looking for somewhere to go or someone to hang out with.

I truly believe you can save money on your program and still have a good time. However, you really have to be conscious of what you are spending and I wasnt because I really didnt care. My second Cp starts in January and I plan to be much more careful with my money but im make no promises lol.

I made no money on my program. Part of the reason was for the last month I only worked 20 hours a week because Spaceship Earth where I worked was down for rehab. But mostly it was because i spent everything I had. I constantly ate out, went clubbing, had a season pass to Universal. I wasnt there to make money. I was there to have an awesome time and I spent seven of the best months of my life there. I actually would have made money had i choosen to save. I worked overtime but spent it all.

My roommate made money although im not sure how much. She worked some overtime but not crazy hours and she was in QSFB. She didnt just sit in our room either but she was no where near as out going as I was. She was more of a quiet person and enjoyed just spending a day in the parks. Me im very social and i am always looking for somewhere to go or someone to hang out with.

I truly believe you can save money on your program and still have a good time. However, you really have to be conscious of what you are spending and I wasnt because I really didnt care. My second Cp starts in January and I plan to be much more careful with my money but im make no promises lol.

can i ask how old you were on your first cp? sounds like you had all kinds of fun!

Yeah, so back to the question that this thread is about..... I think pay rates went up this year. Anybody know how much?

can i ask how old you were on your first cp? sounds like you had all kinds of fun!

I was actually 19 and I turned 20 near the very end. But my friends ranged in age from 18 to 25 so there was always a lot to do. Plus we were all there looking for a good time. We all left broke but it was because we wanted to have the best experience ever. I mean it also helped that we had friends with cars lol. This time im going to be 21 turning 22 and i plan to have just as much fun as last time, while maybe saving a little money lol. Im trying to get into grad school and would like to come home with enough for books.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter