High wind warning for tonight

Jinka

Earning My Ears
We are booked for the dessert party. Wind warning takes effect at 8. Should we cancel?

For World of Color ?
While it could be cancelled due to wind , it's less likely than fireworks. I have been there when it's been cancelled as the wind sheared the water screens but only happened a few times I've seen.

I looked up the warning and oof , winds look ROUGH , first Santa Ana winds coming through and could stay at higher elevations so it's a crapshoot. If you have never seen WOC or done the dessert party , I'd probably keep it. If it's something you can do without I'd say cancel to be safe.

Can you actually cancel now and get a refund? I probably would. They will still do the party even if the show gets cancelled.

Don't you have to cancel the prior day for a refund? But if they cancel due to the winds, you will be refunded anyway.

The party happens before the show. So they won't cancel the party due to weather. The show cancellation would happen immediately before it's set to start.

Don't you have to cancel the prior day for a refund? But if they cancel due to the winds, you will be refunded anyway.
This is correct. I don’t think the OP can easily cancel the day of the party. Although you could go to guest relations to ask.

The winds are funny because they can be severe in some places and much less in others. Anaheim could just be breezy, it’s hard to say for sure.

At any rate, the fireworks will have a much higher probability of being canceled than WOC. If I were the OP, I’d just cross my fingers and toes and hope for the best. I do believe if they cancel for weather and the party doesn’t happen you get a refund unlike with the dining packages where there is no refunds for cancellations.

I know they did it in some pretty heavy rains and I personally sat through a rainy Paint the Night dessert party a few years ago where the parade got cancelled at the last minute.
I wonder if they might cancel and refund if they know well in advance it’s not happening.

But I still think it’s possible the show could go on tonight. You really just never know how the winds are going to be in any given area. The mountain passes are much worse than the beach for example.

The party happens before the show. So they won't cancel the party due to weather. The show cancellation would happen immediately before it's set to start.

The World of Color dessert party cancellation policy changed at some point in the last year. If the show is canceled, you can get a refund. This is the only way to get a refund if you are within the 24 hour period of your reservation. It’s the only entertainment upgrade package I know of at DL that offers a refund in cases of show cancellation.

If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you can see the cancellation policy:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/world-of-color-dessert-party/

OP: Do not cancel your reservation, you will not receive a refund. If the show is cancelled, you will be refunded then.

We are booked for the dessert party. Wind warning takes effect at 8. Should we cancel?
Thank you all so very much!!

We will just wait and take it as it comes.

Crazy busy here today but we are having a blast!

Sorry to slow to respond here! I picked up a nasty cold on the 4th day of our 5 day trip. Still feeling pretty lousy but so thankful it wasn't covid!

The dessert party went off without a hitch .. I guess the winds stayed in the hills and didn't make it down to the lower levels. WoC was just stunning!

I lost track of time and we didn't check in until 7:10. All the good high tops were gone at that point but the kids were set on one and we took one way off to the left. Once we entered the seating area I talked with a cast member and she confirmed that our table was far enough from the center to get a less than great view of the projections. She offered us a front row low table almost in the middle and we went with that. The chairs weren't very comfortable but the view was superb.

Drinks and desserts came quickly. None of us cared much for the food and ended up taking most of it in boxes.

We had been hitting it hard all day and everyone was pretty tired and a bit crabby. But the incredible show just blew us all away. Afterwards my daughter in law told me how grateful she was that I had the perseverance to make them all go. I did feel like a bit of a bully at the time but it all worked out splendidly.

Thanks again to everyone that responded to my post!

Sorry to slow to respond here! I picked up a nasty cold on the 4th day of our 5 day trip. Still feeling pretty lousy but so thankful it wasn't covid!

The dessert party went off without a hitch .. I guess the winds stayed in the hills and didn't make it down to the lower levels. WoC was just stunning!

I lost track of time and we didn't check in until 7:10. All the good high tops were gone at that point but the kids were set on one and we took one way off to the left. Once we entered the seating area I talked with a cast member and she confirmed that our table was far enough from the center to get a less than great view of the projections. She offered us a front row low table almost in the middle and we went with that. The chairs weren't very comfortable but the view was superb.

Drinks and desserts came quickly. None of us cared much for the food and ended up taking most of it in boxes.

We had been hitting it hard all day and everyone was pretty tired and a bit crabby. But the incredible show just blew us all away. Afterwards my daughter in law told me how grateful she was that I had the perseverance to make them all go. I did feel like a bit of a bully at the time but it all worked out splendidly.

Thanks again to everyone that responded to my post!
I’m so glad it worked out! I was there Wednesday (fixing tickets at the ticket booth) and it was SO WINDY. I wonder what happened that night with WOC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter