High School Class of 2016/College Class 2020

My DD informed me yesterday that she was accepted into The Ohio State University... YES!...... Then asked me, "Daddy, do you love me?" To that what would I say but of course. Her next response was to ask me if I would be upset if she didn't want to go to Ohio State and instead go to Mount Union. How can I be upset.

Looks like she really wants the private small campus experience that Mount Union offers over the large school experience. She wants to double major in Japanese (she speaks the language and has been to Japan) and International Business/Marketing. The program is excellent at the school as is the campus and no doubt about the football team having just won their 12th Division III championship this year. I'm not disappointed at all in her decision and couldn't be more proud of her. I guess I'm going to be saying Go Purple Raiders a lot. :goodvibes

punkin-yes she's applying to a couple of the 7 sisters and one cousin (Vassar). Saw that they need the CSS and I was able to complete everything pretty easily, now we wait but I'm not expecting much :)

My DD is applying to 3 of them...no "cousins" (lol, she thinks they betrayed the sisterhood).
punkin-yes she's applying to a couple of the 7 sisters and one cousin (Vassar). Saw that they need the CSS and I was able to complete everything pretty easily, now we wait but I'm not expecting much :)

My son is now doing dual enrollment at the local community college! He is taking 3 classes in Game Design and Simulation Development. It has only been 1 week but he thinks it will be doable. I am thrilled. With his LDs and special needs I was worried, but DH walked him into the building his first day to help him find his class and commented that it looked like most of those in the program looked like they had Asperger's!

He isn't happy about taking the bus, but with the school 20 miles away and into town, we just can't drive him back and forth every day. I am hoping he gets used to it and it isn't such a struggle.

My son is now doing dual enrollment at the local community college! He is taking 3 classes in Game Design and Simulation Development. It has only been 1 week but he thinks it will be doable. I am thrilled. With his LDs and special needs I was worried, but DH walked him into the building his first day to help him find his class and commented that it looked like most of those in the program looked like they had Asperger's!

He isn't happy about taking the bus, but with the school 20 miles away and into town, we just can't drive him back and forth every day. I am hoping he gets used to it and it isn't such a struggle.
Sounds great, Dawn! I'm glad. :goodvibes

That's wonderful.

Well-we are going to check out Colorado School of Mines next month. Daughter got an invitation to come visit from Women in Engineering and a chance for a $3K scholarship. Father in law sponsoring the trip so that helps!

Congrats Goofy4prez!

My daughter just got accepted to a college but she didn't even audition for music program yet so we think the college was premature sending her an acceptance.

Also, daughter auditioned at another college on Friday and on Sunday she got an email that an offer is coming yay!!

That is wonderful!

Anyone else have no clue about the fall? Dd has been accepted to one school, & has to turn in a couple letters of rec for another, though not her first choice. She doesn't have a clue what she wants to major in, or where to go.

We have checked out a career book from the library...trying to get some ideas. Guess we will be visiting the jr college in the meantime.

DD is going to major in Chemical Engineering (or, if she ends up at a school without an engineering department, chemistry). She is very interested in doing research and/or r&d for a pharmaceutical or cosmetic company.

Ds got into the business program, and his college requires they declare a major going in. It's one of the toughest to get into, so he figured he'd start there, since it's much harder to get into later. The first year classes are usually pretty general.

Anyone else have no clue about the fall? Dd has been accepted to one school, & has to turn in a couple letters of rec for another, though not her first choice. She doesn't have a clue what she wants to major in, or where to go.

We have checked out a career book from the library...trying to get some ideas. Guess we will be visiting the jr college in the meantime.

I posted on your other thread but can I suggest talking to an advisor at the school where she was accepted, if possible? They may have some wonderful services for undecided students. The school dd eventually plans to transfer to does and I would guess most schools do. The advisor told us that the vast majority of students either come in undecided or become undecided after a semester. He was so great he had dd wanting to go there for her first two years right off the bat. But they do have some great services to help guide the undecided students.

And please remind her that most of all these kids that seem to have it all decided will change their mind so she isn't that much different.

So what are your kids majoring in?

Dd's plan right now is to major in International Business, Marketing and a minor in German. She will also take 4 semesters in French in cc. (She has free tuition at cc so will do two years there)

So what are your kids majoring in?
DS is majoring in computer science (he tried to explain it to me, but I don't get computer stuff) and minoring in US history (he has a passion for WWII).

DD doesn't have a major yet, but is minoring in sound board engineering. She has an aptitude for English. She scored a 36 in English on her ACT and got a 5 on her AP test. She's taking AP English literature this year. I call her my grammer nazi, because she's always correcting everyone's grammer. I've told her English is obviously her thing, so she's considering it as her major.

My DD has no major planned. She's interested in everything!!! One of her college criteria was a school that offers a core allowing her to spend two years exploring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter