• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

High levels of lead exposure found at Disneyland

Not really worried about lead at Disneyland, but I am surprised that Disney hasn't protected themselves against this claim. Posting a few signs would probably take care of their liability and Disney has one of the best legal departments on the planet. So I am guessing they have their own lead analysis which shows lower exposure or they have some other protection.

I have seen the signs mentioned in the article about mercury levels in fish. So it is kinda weird they have that sign (which as far as I know is not required) and not the Prop 65 warning sign.

Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

The signs are there.

From an article I located in a quick Google search: "They rejected the allegations, saying Disneyland has posted signs, as required by law, warning people about all lead-tainted fixtures and figurines. "We believe that Disneyland Resort is in full compliance with the signage requirements," Disney spokeswoman Suzi Brown tells the Los Angeles Times. But Mateel wants the court to force the park to make the signs more prominent, or to cover up tainted fixtures."

... Getting there is far more hazardous to my health. I5 can be scary.
This made is laugh. Thanks. So true. Daily risk for those in So. Cal. :drive:

- Dreams

When my firm does lead-based paint assessments, we collect entire chips as samples; it's certainly not a swab test. I'm sure that was a cost-effective approach. At any rate, this is silly.

They aren't saying the paint has lead in it, but the actual door knobs and windows contain lead.

They aren't saying the paint has lead in it, but the actual door knobs and windows contain lead.

Oh, good grief. Then it's even MORE unlikely that anyone would have ANY adverse effects. When kids are poisoned by lead, it's almost always because they were eating paint chips. Unless a kid swallows a doorknob, I think DL has nothing to worry about.

I thought everyone and their mother knew that the real danger associated with lead poisoning has to do with the ingestion of paint chips.

That's the part that's silly.

Any place of Disneyland's age or older is likely going to have lead in their construction components.

My kids go once a week or more and each time they have been tested at the dr for their checkups they have been just fine. I really wouldn't worry. This article is silly.

This would be why Mom always said to keep your tongue INSIDE your mouth.

Really, if your kid is going around licking public railings, you have more problems than just lead poisoning.

In the 1920's-30's there was no "environmental watchdog group" undoubtedly...llittle Billy could put this on his wish list :thumbsup2
Make your own LEAD Soldiers :lmao::thumbsup2

LeadKit.jpg
leadkit2.jpg

In the 1920's-30's there was no "environmental watchdog group" undoubtedly...llittle Billy could put this on his wish list :thumbsup2
Make your own LEAD Soldiers :lmao::thumbsup2

LeadKit.jpg
leadkit2.jpg

Oh, wow!! That's something, isn't it?

I'm pretty old so I remember a lot of things that no one thought too much about a long time ago. My grandma used tinsel on her Christmas tree that was made of lead, and she would make us save it and reuse it every year. We always took some of it though and pounded it into 'coins' out on the sidewalk. She also had what was called angel hair that she used when decorating at Christmas. It was spun glass and poked your fingers. I can only imagine how horrid that stuff must've been for you lungs, eyes, etc. It sure was pretty, though :rotfl:

When I was a little older, I had my own chemistry set. It included things like acids and mercury. I was probably about 10. I loved rolling the mercury around in my hand.

Hard to believe now that we had such easy access to so much toxic stuff!! In the 50s and 60s, we were surrounded by it, cooked with it, and ate it, too :scared1:. Nobody worried about all the nuclear testing nearby doing anything to our bodies, we just worried about it making giant ants and spiders :upsidedow

Oh gosh, we used to play with mercury too and I'm only 28 (um..ok 'only' sounded a lot better in my head) We also had angel hair! It hurt!!

I am not ever going to stop licking Disneyland. I am also pretty sure that not one child has died from lead poisoning before or after the lead poisoning in toy scare. Thirdly, while I do wash my hands after using the restroom, not washing your hands is no worse than touching the money that passes through your hands every day. We all need germs folks, it keeps are immunities up.

As if Disneyland is the only place.....

man, I wonder if that wonderful horsey ride has lead on the gold poles that they go up and down on. I'm sure many of mouths have been on those :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter