High and lows of our unfortunate trip.. Dec 7th - 11th

giuly09

it made me feel like i was the queen....
Hi all,

as you already know we had a major low and so will start from them...

LOWs

My mum falling down in front of Tower of Terror after only one hour we had got into the park really spoilt our trip. It seemed just a minor problem at first but after a few mins it was clear it wasn't and so we had to go at first aid and then to the hospital for emergency... will tell more in my trip report but you can understand me...

People in the parks... i had realized before how many rude people are around (there and everywhere) but it was even more disappointed to realize people does not have any respect for you if you have problems walking or are in a wheelchair...more, it looks like you're *annoying* other people with your wheels, the bad looks we got really disappointed me a lot :sad2:

Weather, cold and icy and rainy, but would say this was just a minor problem compared with the other one we had lol

Buffet at Inventions... being so expensive you assume it's high quality cusine but actually it wasn't.. prawns and snails were stone cold and beef so hard to cut my mum left it all. On the otjer hand and as Italian i can tell pasta was well cooked and both risotto and vegetable lasagne were good :thumbsup2... sorry but spaghetti with meatballs is more than i can bear lol :rotfl:

Kyriad... not really a low but i was a bit disappointed they refused to allow my mum to have breakfast in her room even though she was injuried and had a medical certification, i had to steal cakes from the breakfast room every day and bring them to her with a cappuccino from the vending machine, funny enough it was ok to bring food in your room but not *their* food.
Room was not the cleanest ever have to say but it was not dirty anyway.

HIGHs

So many highs... atmosphere in the Main park is fantastic it makes you feel really Christmassy, snow on main street makes it all magic :goodvibes

Parade: short but lovely, the song keeps on playing in my mind..

EMH... never done before as my ex and my kids are sleepyheads and do not love to get up early, this time, i was on my own every morning but it would had been the same if my mum could had joined me, i made the most of them, the park looks even better when not too crowded, to be able to ride how many times you want which ride you want is great, would be wonderful if more rides were opened then..

Ratatouille... great!!great!! great!!! i am so sad my mum was not able to ride it because she did not feel to solo using the single rider queue and the normal queue was very long, this is a good reason to go back what do you think? lol

Single Riders queue... well i wish there were more as i have used them all and they save you a lot of time

Last but not least... Dreams... WOWWWWWW i had seen the summer version in 2012 but this one looks a lot better, maybe because of the Christmas atmosphere in the park, i don't know..

So after all it was not completely a bd trip even though my mum could enjoy just a small part of it, as i said, this is a GREAT reason to come back isn't it??

Sorry to hear about your mum and hope she is recovering well. Glad it didn't completely spoil your trip and is a great excuse to go back :)

First, Im soooo sorry about your mum. I hope she could enjoy a little bit after all. I have to say that thats a very good reason to go back! And I'm so sorry to hear how people are reacting on someone being slower and in a wheelchair. Where are peoples manner?? That would have made me angry to.
On the positive site, I completely agree with you on the Christmas spirit in the parks. It puts you right in the Christmas mode!!! How was the brunch on Sunday? Did you meet any special characters? I was so disappointed that Marie wasn't out for meet'n'greet in the park. I might have to go for the Aristocats brunch next year ;-)

Sorry to hear about your mum and hope she is recovering well. Glad it didn't completely spoil your trip and is a great excuse to go back :)

Thanks, we have to think of the bright side of the situation lol

How was the brunch on Sunday?

we were not able to do the brunch on sunday because mum was in so much pain we had to go to emegency where we spent all sunday :sick:

That's why we booked dinner at Invention on Wednesday and the character then were the same i had seen in 2012...:confused3

Sorry to hear about your mom. :hug: Sorry too for the lack of love from people when taking your mom out and about. :sad1:

I'm looking forward to the single rider lines at Ratatouille for my upcoming trip.

Wishing for you and your mom a speedy recovery and much happier Disney memories in the future. pixie dust: pixie dust: pixiedust:

Oh what a shame your mum wasn't well. Hope she's on the mend now.

Your highs sound great though. I agree, the park looks beautiful for Christmas season and even better during EMH :goodvibes

You should definitely book another trip to compensate for your mum - it'll give you something to look forward to :goodvibes:goodvibes

Oh what a shame your mum wasn't well. Hope she's on the mend now.

Your highs sound great though. I agree, the park looks beautiful for Christmas season and even better during EMH :goodvibes

You should definitely book another trip to compensate for your mum - it'll give you something to look forward to :goodvibes:goodvibes

We'll know tomorrow when the operation will be and then the healing process will start properly... it could had been happened everywhere and whenever but it doesn't just feel right to happen on holiday lol :rotfl:

So sorry to hear about your mum....hope she is ok now.

Sounds like a great trip....we really enjoyed our Inventions meal and loved the food...we even tried the snails which I thought nice and I think I ate my own body weight in the delicious prawns - I had them as a cold starter with the lovely salads.

I too love Christmas Dreams :goodvibes

looking forward to your trip report

Your poor mum :hug: I think another ticker could be just what the doctor would order for the two of you ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter