Hi

Minnie Mouse2789

Earning My Ears
I’m planning a Disney vacation. Let me give a little back story.
I have Cerebral Palsy, Anxiety , and OCD. Disney is my happy place- a place with no doctors. I always get treated so magically.
Covid has been rough . I’m isolated. My light in the dark tunnel has been planning a Disney trip. Don’t know WDW, or a Disney Cruise. Its all I can think of, the only thing I want to talk about. We have a basic plan, now we just have to wait till November to book. It’s killing me waiting. I need something to do or someone to talk to. Its starting to affect day to day life and friendships. Wondering if anyone has any advice, or experience?

You should look on YouTube to follow some Disney channels. That helps me LOL! There are some great ones. I also like to look at ride videos. If you are thinking of cruising, look up Disney cruises on YouTube to get a feel for the ships to see if you would like a cruise. Sometimes people livestream the fireworks at night, join some Disney fb groups. They have a ton of info and livestreams. It helps in planning and getting a Disney fix!

You should look on YouTube to follow some Disney channels. That helps me LOL! There are some great ones. I also like to look at ride videos. If you are thinking of cruising, look up Disney cruises on YouTube to get a feel for the ships to see if you would like a cruise. Sometimes people livestream the fireworks at night, join some Disney fb groups. They have a ton of info and livestreams. It helps in planning and getting a Disney fix!
I totally agree! I watch Disney YouTube vloggers all the time. Love it!

Right now WDW planning is very involved with park reservations and such. As much as I LOVE WDW, I find I enjoy Disney Cruise Line so much more with it being less stressful to plan and I still get my Disney fix.

MJ

See You Reel Soon and Happly Ever After Adventures are favorites to spend the day. HEAA is what made me start planning. What are some other good ones- especially cruises.

Right now WDW planning is very involved with park reservations and such. As much as I LOVE WDW, I find I enjoy Disney Cruise Line so much more with it being less stressful to plan and I still get my Disney fix.

MJ
Whoa- I can tell you are a DCL pro. Can you tell me about it? I’ve never been. Disney to me is WDW, and DL. Our first plan was to take a cruise. Then it grew to be WDW and a cruise. Now it looks like we might only get to do one. I’m torn. I want to cruise, but have anxiety on doing something new. Missing MK and AK. That Disney feel- and what is there to do?

Whoa- I can tell you are a DCL pro. Can you tell me about it? I’ve never been. Disney to me is WDW, and DL. Our first plan was to take a cruise. Then it grew to be WDW and a cruise. Now it looks like we might only get to do one. I’m torn. I want to cruise, but have anxiety on doing something new. Missing MK and AK. That Disney feel- and what is there to do?

Honestly...start at the Disney Cruise Line website and also keep reading the Disney Cruise Line forum at this website...you can find it in the forum list (upper left of the page).

We were always huge WDW fans....once or twice a year with our kids when they were growing up (from NY). We even had our honeymoon at the Poly back in 1979. Then back in the mid 90's there were whispers that Disney was going to start their own cruise line as they broke ties with the Big Red Boat. So, as soon as they opened bookings we booked the Maiden Voyage of the Disney Magic. We were hooked. Immersive Disney theming, characters, all the food included, Broadway style Disney stage shows, casual elegance, meet and greets without standing out in the sun, ability to visit many beautiful places and only unpacking once. We loved it. Of course no rides like WDW but definitely got my Disney fix.

I find the thought of planning a WDW trip now scary. So much to plan out now and hope to get a reservation for the parks, for dining, the new Genie system, etc.

Also join some Disney Cruise Line FB pages...there is an official one from Disney but tons of fan groups.

Currently there are 4 ships...Disney Magic, Disney Wonder (same size), Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy (same size and both larger than the Magic and Wonder. A brand new ship, the Disney Wish, is coming into service this July. DCL travels to a good chunk of the world so you could go to the Caribbean or to Alaska, to Europe or the Bahamas...many choices. 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 13 day cruises.

We often tack on a few days at WDW before or after a Disney cruise but not always....sometimes just the cruise is enough!!

Read up on DCL and then ask questions along the way. The Cruise Forum is excellent for info and planning.

MJ

I’m planning a Disney vacation. Let me give a little back story.
I have Cerebral Palsy, Anxiety , and OCD. Disney is my happy place- a place with no doctors. I always get treated so magically.
Covid has been rough . I’m isolated. My light in the dark tunnel has been planning a Disney trip. Don’t know WDW, or a Disney Cruise. Its all I can think of, the only thing I want to talk about. We have a basic plan, now we just have to wait till November to book. It’s killing me waiting. I need something to do or someone to talk to. Its starting to affect day to day life and friendships. Wondering if anyone has any advice, or experience?
I mean this kindly, but anytime someone says “it’s starting to affect day to day life and friendships” my first thought is they should be talking to a therapist, not diving deeper into whatever “it” is. I completely understand being excited for a trip and planning it down to the last detail, but if it’s fully consuming you and having a negative impact on other areas of your life then I think it’s time to pull back and redirect your focus onto other things. Balance is healthier than obsession.

Honestly...start at the Disney Cruise Line website and also keep reading the Disney Cruise Line forum at this website...you can find it in the forum list (upper left of the page).

We were always huge WDW fans....once or twice a year with our kids when they were growing up (from NY). We even had our honeymoon at the Poly back in 1979. Then back in the mid 90's there were whispers that Disney was going to start their own cruise line as they broke ties with the Big Red Boat. So, as soon as they opened bookings we booked the Maiden Voyage of the Disney Magic. We were hooked. Immersive Disney theming, characters, all the food included, Broadway style Disney stage shows, casual elegance, meet and greets without standing out in the sun, ability to visit many beautiful places and only unpacking once. We loved it. Of course no rides like WDW but definitely got my Disney fix.

I find the thought of planning a WDW trip now scary. So much to plan out now and hope to get a reservation for the parks, for dining, the new Genie system, etc.

Also join some Disney Cruise Line FB pages...there is an official one from Disney but tons of fan groups.

Currently there are 4 ships...Disney Magic, Disney Wonder (same size), Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy (same size and both larger than the Magic and Wonder. A brand new ship, the Disney Wish, is coming into service this July. DCL travels to a good chunk of the world so you could go to the Caribbean or to Alaska, to Europe or the Bahamas...many choices. 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 13 day cruises.

We often tack on a few days at WDW before or after a Disney cruise but not always....sometimes just the cruise is enough!!

Read up on DCL and then ask questions along the way. The Cruise Forum is excellent for info and planning.

MJ
Thanks!! You’ve pretty much sold me. Takes away a lot of fears, especially of it not being an immersive experience. In some ways sounds better than WDW.

I mean this kindly, but anytime someone says “it’s starting to affect day to day life and friendships” my first thought is they should be talking to a therapist, not diving deeper into whatever “it” is. I completely understand being excited for a trip and planning it down to the last detail, but if it’s fully consuming you and having a negative impact on other areas of your life then I think it’s time to pull back and redirect your focus onto other things. Balance is healthier than obsession.
I am under therapeutic treatment and support. It’s hard to precisely describe my feelings because no one else lives in my shoes. I’m afraid I probably made it sound worse than it is.
I just meant I talk about it a lot.
Thanks for your concern.

I would go on a cruise as soon as you can, depending on what the measures are and what works with your conditions. A Disney Cruise is the most relaxed way to get your Disney fix. It doesn't have rides, but when it comes to characters and shows and activities, it's amazing.

So especially if anxiety, crowds etc. are a concern, I would always advice a cruise over a park day. Park days are hectic and at the end of the day you are drained. On a ship it's so much easier to retreat if you would ever get overwhelmed.

I would go on a cruise as soon as you can, depending on what the measures are and what works with your conditions. A Disney Cruise is the most relaxed way to get your Disney fix. It doesn't have rides, but when it comes to characters and shows and activities, it's amazing.

So especially if anxiety, crowds etc. are a concern, I would always advice a cruise over a park day. Park days are hectic and at the end of the day you are drained. On a ship it's so much easier to retreat if you would ever get overwhelmed.
And here’s the thing. When I was a kid, I could transfer onto rides. Now as an adult, I need to stay confined to my chair for activities because I can’t transfer, and not many of the rides, are wheelchair friendly.It doesn’t bother me as rides were never my favorite anyway. Awesome memories- just never my favorite. So the cruise option came up, I love it on You Tube, but I try to picture Disney feeling on a boat, and I can’t. But you guys have convinced me. I also love how relaxed it sounds.
Our family can’t wait for our trip hopefully in November- December 2023. We are thinking 5 days Bahamas on the Dream or Wish. Merrytime too.

There are plenty of youtube videos of people who do Disney cruises regularly. My preferred vloggers are Legglife and Adam Hattan. I think they show very well all the activities there are on board in a fun, relaxed manner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter