Hi! New Here!

ChiTownGrl

Earning My Ears
Hi all, I'm planning our first family trip to WDW in April 2005(Spring Break) for 4-5 days. Me, DH, DD (4), DS (1). I need help & don't know where to start. I would like to stay on Disney property(are there real advantages? how are the value properties?), have a couple of character dining experiences for my children and know what are must-do's for theme parks, dining, etc. We do want to go to IOA for 1 day also. I may have other family coming as well that are on a budget. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

First of all, welcome to DIS. Now, let's get to business.

You will need to ask all of these questions on the appropriate boards in order to get lots of responses. I will help you get started.

1. You should ask your question about the advantages to staying on-site on the Disney Resorts board.

2. For character dining questions, visit the Disney Restaurants board.

3. For must-dos in the theme parks be sure to check out the Theme Parks Attractions & Strategies Board.

4. Concering IOA, go to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventures Forums.

5. For ways to save money, visit the Buget Board.

This may all seem confusing at first but there are lots of people here to help you out. May I suggest searching for specific topics before posting new threads? When you are ready to ask your questions, before sure to ask each question in a different thread because you will get more of a response. Make sure that your subjects let everyone know what your post pertains to. Those are my tips. Best of luck.

Ali

Hippychickali said:
First of all, welcome to DIS. Now, let's get to business.

You will need to ask all of these questions on the appropriate boards in order to get lots of responses. I will help you get started.

1. You should ask your question about the advantages to staying on-site on the Disney Resorts board.

2. For character dining questions, visit the Disney Restaurants board.

3. For must-dos in the theme parks be sure to check out the Theme Parks Attractions & Strategies Board.

4. Concering IOA, go to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventures Forums.

5. For ways to save money, visit the Buget Board.

This may all seem confusing at first but there are lots of people here to help you out. May I suggest searching for specific topics before posting new threads? When you are ready to ask your questions, before sure to ask each question in a different thread because you will get more of a response. Make sure that your subjects let everyone know what your post pertains to. Those are my tips. Best of luck.

Ali

Ali...have you ever considered being a travel agent for Disney? You seem to know your stuff girl! ;) :flower:

lol...I wish. It's really quite sad. All of this just means I spend way too much time on here. But I'm glad it amounts to helping someone out every now and then. :)

Ali

Hippychickali said:
lol...I wish. It's really quite sad. All of this just means I spend way too much time on here. But I'm glad it amounts to helping someone out every now and then. :)

Ali

I think we both spend waaaaaaaaaaay too much time here, but hey...it helps until I get to Disney in 2006. :cool1:

CONGRATS on your future wedding and Disneymoon and keep those informative posts coming. I like your ones about MYW tickets. I think a lot are over-reacting too. I worried at first, but they do have a good deal for FL residents and even though I lose a day from the Play 4 now called the Play 3, I never really got a lot out of MGM anyway, so I'm not losing anything by not going. If DH and I decide to do it while we are there, I can buy the base ticket and then add the hopper option to it and it will still be the same price as the base ticket...so in a manner of speaking, I still come out on top! :teeth: Get tired of MGM, we can leave and then we would return to EPCOT to tour the world showcases at night...LOVE THAT WORLD SHOWCASE!! :hyper2:

Take care,

Denise :wave:

Hello ~

Welcome! It's great here!

Be sure to check all the areas on DIS you'll find great info!

And also check out Mary's MouseSavers.com she's awesome!

And as always, post questions, we're here to help! And what part of Chicago are you from??

Welcome to the DIS!

WARNING - this site is ADDICTIVE!!!

We took our first trip last year and you have come to the right place. The DIS has so much information that you will feel like a Disney Vet by the time you get there! Welcome to the family!

Hello, and welcome to the boards! :wave:

I hope you find all of the info you need here, you should be able to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter