Hi! I need some ideas of what to serve for Bunco for 12 ladies for dinner (m)

OurDogCisco

DIS Veteran
We've been playing Bunco for the past 5 years and everyone serves the same things: tacos or spaghetti or lasagna or enchildas or pizza.... Hasn't changed much from that. Anyone have anyother ideas of what I can serve? Thanks, Tina

What about fondue or Chinese? I have friends that do a theme each time they get together. You could do a "BBQ" - that would be different.

I just served jambalaya for my sorority Mardi Gras party.
I use River Road jambalaya seasoning (bought online at Fiesta Foods) and follow their recipe but only use half the amount of seasoning. It's very easy - add tomato sauce or paste, water, rice (uncooked), and meat of choice (I used smoked sausage and chicken) and cook for 20 minutes. You can cook it in on the stove, the oven or in a roaster like I did.

If you can't find the seasoning mix you can probably find a recipe at recipezaar.com.

If you don't want to do a hot meal - sometimes I just go buy a bunch of subs and have them cut up in smaller pieces.

Another option might be a hearty soup with a good bread on the side and of course a great dessert.

Another thing I've done for a crowd is a pork chop casserole:
Brown pork chops with s & p (and garlic powder if desired) in oil
Place on bottom of large casserole dish.
Layer potato slices and onion and green pepper rings on tp
Pour 1 (or more as needed depending on amount) cans of diluted cream of mushroom soup over. Bake at 350 for 1 hour 15 minutes. This can be assembled ahead of time.

How about sweet sour spareribs, or go along with some type of ethnic recipe-something out of the ordinary. What sort of things does your friends like? Have you ever made spring rolls? You could put together a platter of those with some sweet and sour sauce or spring rolls.

French Dip

3 lb boneless roast
2 10 oz. cans beef or beef and onion broth
1 package onion soup mix

Put meat in a crockpot. Mix the dry soup mix with the cans of broth, pour over the meat and cook on high at least 8 hours.

When the roast is done, trim off the visible fat. Shred with forks or a potato masher. Serve on French rolls. Very good. I've served this at Bunco with a veggie tray and dip and had lots of compliments.

Originally posted by WDWAurora
STUPID question-What is Bunco?

It's a dice game that is played by large groups at separate tables for prizes. This is a simplistic answer, but there are several variations on the actual game. It's fun though: doesn't take much thought and you get to pig out and visit with friends! Plus, if you're lucky, you get to take home a prize!

One of the best bunco dinners I ever did was a "Olive Garden" type thing. I used this recipe from TopSecretRecipes.com:
http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/recipes/fagioli.htm

It's really pretty easy; just be sure that you make it the day of bunco. Since you use the canned beans without draining them, the soup has the consistency of school paste the second day! ;) You can just re-warm it with a little more V-8 juice and it's fine, though.

I serve it with a salad (bag of salad with Italian dressing) and Italian rolls. It's great for this time of year!

what about spareribs with au so sauce( not sure i spelt that right) it is found in the international food section. I make this all the time for parties and everybody loves it.

All you have to do is get a couple packages of boneless spareribs, au so sauce, i do one jar per package of ribs. Put it all in the crock pot, and let cook for several hours. I comes out so tender. serve it over rice and your good to go.

Oh, my gosh, my e-mail notification wasn't working and you guys gave me some wonderful ideas.

Thanks a bunch!

Originally posted by Gadget Girl
It's a dice game that is played by large groups at separate tables for prizes. This is a simplistic answer, but there are several variations on the actual game. It's fun though: doesn't take much thought and you get to pig out and visit with friends! Plus, if you're lucky, you get to take home a prize!

Are you kidding me??? :rolleyes: We don't play for prizes! We play for MONEY :teeth: Although, I'm the negative over the last five years!

I was at a conference this weekend and they served us a baked potato and salad bar. I was thinking that this would be a great idea for Bunco. They had the potatoes already baked and set out, then had all of the fixings (chili warmed up in a crockpot, shredded cheese, sour cream, chives, bacon bits, etc) and all of the stuff for a great salad, too. It was nice. Since this was still here, I decided to add it to the list.

Originally posted by Gadget Girl
I was at a conference this weekend and they served us a baked potato and salad bar. I was thinking that this would be a great idea for Bunco. They had the potatoes already baked and set out, then had all of the fixings (chili warmed up in a crockpot, shredded cheese, sour cream, chives, bacon bits, etc) and all of the stuff for a great salad, too. It was nice. Since this was still here, I decided to add it to the list.

What a great idea.... This might work out perfectly since, we have a non-meat eater and a vegetarian in the group. TFS.... Tina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter