• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HI! Hoping some can help with some ?'s about CA & DL

Misty89

DIS Veteran
we are going to be coming to CA form bitter cold and snowy Wisconsin LOL in three weeks! last minute/ surprize trip!!
wondering anyone can tell me about DL crowds, etc and CA in january?
We will be flying into San Diego and will be visiting family in Julian CA.
also most likey going to DL !!!( did i say that already LOL???)
I am looking for info on weather, DH sayd the moutains of julian will be like home ( cold) but what about DL area?
thank you this will be the first trip to CA for Myself, DD's 14 & 6.
DH has been many times in the past, but never with us :)
we will be there somewhere between jan 1st 2006, and jan 9th 2006.!!!!!!!

thank you

Tina

Julian will be cold, but San Diego and DL should feel warm to you. :) We've been to LA for a non-Disney convention in February the past few years and have been very comfortable. The locals think those of us from up north are crazy for being warm, but such is life. lol. I do generally feel more comfortable in jeans than in shorts and will carry a light jacket for evenings, but it is a nice warmup for my freezing bones. You can always doublecheck with weather.com a day or two before you leave to get a sense of current temps.

Have a great trip!!!!!

HEck Any thing is warmer than Buffalo New York right now. We will be in LA for a month and lave the winter coats, gloves, hats and long johns at home..

Basically what you would wear in the spring. That is how I plan it. But we get crazy here also. It can be 50 out and we are in a tshirt.

As far as crowds go, the later you go, the better. So, I'd say go closer to the 9th than the 1st. Have a great trip!

I guess it's all relative. I was there last week and temps were about 60-70. I kept seeing people walking around in shorts and t-shirts. I had to dress in jeans, long sleeve shirt, jacket, gloves, scarf..and that was just daytime attire! When I left home it was 85degrees, so the 25 degree drop was a shock!

We were there for 11 days (returned Saturday) and I wore jeans and carried a lined jacket for the evenings. Some days I wore it all day. I was 60-70 in the day and 40-55 at night. Crowds are definitely up.

It nice in the day times (60 to 70s) but at night it can get cold. Make sure you bring a sweater.

Definately cold at night. 40-50......today it was 70, predicting 82 for the weekend, but by January it could be cold again. Go closer to the 9th. Everyone that got passes for christmas is there around the 1st!

Make sure to have apple pie in Julian. And stop in Dudleys for some great bread.

DL has had much higher attendance than usual (during typically low-attendance times) because of the 50th anniversary. I'd suggest you schedule as far away from holiday weekends as possible and be prepared for crowds not matter when you go. Crowds were manageable when we went over Halloween, but things seem to have really picked up in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter