Hi from wdw

dixonsontour

DIS Veteran
We have been here since Saturday.

Slower start today as we are having a typhoon lagoon and mini golf day.

Weather has been v hot over 30 degrees and parks busier than last few Octobers.

Had great character interaction at garden grill and a great meal at rainforest at ak. Just debating where to go for brekkie.

Had you are having a good time, save sound of that warmth fir us :)

Looks like you will have a hot MNSSHP so I hope your costumes are lightweight. Have a great night :goodvibes

Well sounds like you're having a good time. There has been lots of reports of the parks being busier this October than ever before which is a little worrying as thats the time we're going next year :worried::worried:

I hope that great weather sticks around for us on Monday!
I really want up get a tan and enjoy the waterpark since I spent all of summer inside :(

the temperature has definitely cooled down today
we started at 65 with highs around 76
we were in the 90s 2 days ago

been to seaworld today, felt like a ghost town
epcot was significantly busier with 80 minutes for soarin at 6pm

all in all fastpass+ has made standby lines a bit longer
it's definitely useless to take a fp+ for a minor ride (crowd wise) like living with the land (boats left half empty) or spaceship earth (5 minutes)

it took us a bit longer when we rode it as the line got clogged at some point ... don't ask me how but a kid managed to tie himself to a post (those who hold the chains making the line) with his own shoe lace
the greeters and other cms struggled to free the kid by undoing the knot. took a couple of minutes but the line was cheerful as you might imagine ;)

Yes it was our water park day yesterday just as the temps dropped dramatically. On the plus side v quiet only a few Brits in. Also played winter course at winter summer land - all of us managed a hole in one.

Had tea at pepper market - nice for quick service - shared a burrito and quesadillas.

Sounds like a fantastic start, we normally go at this time of year, but went in August, so will be living vicariously through you for a week or two! Have a wonderful time.

Nooooo I knew the weather was going to get cold as we arrived!! Totally gutted :( was really hoping for just a few days of hot sun, then it could get cooler" not cold" lol.
I'm guessing chances of it raising up again our very slim :(

In Epcot at the moment parks still busy - test track wait is 75 mins at 10.15am. Fast pass 6.40-7.40 just waiting for it to get a bit later then will get one for after dinner. Dd has loved the new ride.

Dd and dh on mission space.

Then off to do soarin fp.

Enjoyed trex meal last night - loud but fun. Dtd was heaving - managed a bit if shopping though and dd and dh tried Disney quest.

How did they enjoy Disney Quest? My daughter is keen to make a stop and spend some time there next trip. One of those things she has been keen enough to consider the past few years, but there was always something more exciting that made it lose some of its appeal when we got there. I think it was 2 years ago on our way out of La Nouba I suggested a stop there .... and she'd left her KTTW card in the room thinking we wouldn't need it at DTD :rolleyes2 Did you feel there was enough there to make a whole day/evening of it? I will need to work this into our plans.

No Mission Space for you?

In Epcot at the moment parks still busy - test track wait is 75 mins at 10.15am. Fast pass 6.40-7.40 just waiting for it to get a bit later then will get one for after dinner. Dd has loved the new ride. Dd and dh on mission space. Then off to do soarin fp. Enjoyed trex meal last night - loud but fun. Dtd was heaving - managed a bit if shopping though and dd and dh tried Disney quest.

We tried disney quest on our last trip. We have always shrugged it off before. Wow it was amazing. We could have spent all day there if had just been Me and DH. DD liked the games but think was a bit over whelmed that she was aloud to play anything she wanted. We plan on going the night we arrive next time.

We tried disney quest on our last trip. We have always shrugged it off before. Wow it was amazing. We could have spent all day there if had just been Me and DH. DD liked the games but think was a bit over whelmed that she was aloud to play anything she wanted. We plan on going the night we arrive next time.

I'm glad in a way that DD is so keen to do DQ next year. I am not a games person; never have been. Honestly, if it weren't for her persuading me, I'd never have given it a second thought which is silly because I've never been so this could very well change my mind about games. Even if it is only while we are at Disney ;)

I'm glad in a way that DD is so keen to do DQ next year. I am not a games person; never have been. Honestly, if it weren't for her persuading me, I'd never have given it a second thought which is silly because I've never been so this could very well change my mind about games. Even if it is only while we are at Disney ;)

I'm not really a game person my self but enjoyed what they had there. Buzz astro blaster is really amazing. They had drawing lessons, wreck it Ralph all the old fashioned arcade games then new ones like guitar hero. Loved the dance mats, they had a small children's version with nursery rhymes. Was just great. It was really quiet when we went as well so we never had to wait to have a go in anything. DH asked why we had never been before I had been with my parents but don't remember any thing apart from the jungle cruise and POTC so never been that excited to go.

This was on my Facebook this morning actually.

http://www.disneydining.com/disney-dining-review-disney-quest-at-downtown-disney/

We've made it a tradition to go on our departure day - we bag drop at the Virgin desk at DTD, then spend the rest of the day doing last bits of shopping, and playing in DQ. It is good fun :-D xx

We went to disney quest for the first time this year . We spent a few hours there one evening . There is a big selection of games over 5 floors . My DD loved the bottom floor best as you could make up your own mad songs , do some animation things on screens and draw characters (similar to HS but on an electronic easel) . We liked being able to play wreck it Ralph and I got to show dd Q-bert and pacman and some other games from my youth whilst she showed me how to play fruit ninja and some of the newer games :rotfl2:

We went to disney quest for the first time this year . We spent a few hours there one evening . There is a big selection of games over 5 floors . My DD loved the bottom floor best as you could make up your own mad songs , do some animation things on screens and draw characters (similar to HS but on an electronic easel) . We liked being able to play wreck it Ralph and I got to show dd Q-bert and pacman and some other games from my youth whilst she showed me how to play fruit ninja and some of the newer games :rotfl2:

I love that! You teaching her she teaching you. <3

Yes dd enjoyed it she did the make your own song. Dh who is into computer games thought it was dated. They spent a couple of hours there.

Off to Hollywood studios today.

Is DQ included on the current 14 day (for the price of 7) UK issued ultimate tickets ? Or is entry chargeable ?

Tony

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter