• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hi everybody ~ I'm back!!

TimNDansMom

DIS Veteran
Dh and I got back around 9:30 last night. Wow, last week went fast! I'm glad that at least it's warmed up even though there's still lots of snow here.

We had a great time. The weather was fantastic, in the 80's every day. The only rain was late last Sunday afternoon. It was wonderful to see all the green and beautiful flowers.

In a nut shell, I went into the Disney themeparks 4 days, resort-hopped one day, shopped and relaxed the other days. Never did get to Universal, even though I brought along a left-over pass, I was just too content to spend my time in Disney. I went with a day each left on 5 park-hoppers and came home with a day to put towards my next trip. Dh golfed while I went to Disney, but took a day off to go shopping with me. I went to E-ticket night on Tuesday. We finally saw Cirque du Soliel ~ fabulous show! We had dinner at Boma's and breakfast at Kona Café for Tonga Toast ~ both must-dos.

Our stay at All Star Sports was great, even though there were lots of teenagers there on spring break plus the cheerleader competition participants. It was neat watching them practice on the "football field". Our room overlooked a treed area in building 10 of Touchdown and was very quiet. It was probably the closest room we have ever had to the main building during our stays at Music and now Sports. It wasn't far from the car park either.

Dan and Tim did great on their "own". I called them every day, my sister (Cambridge) dropped by one day, my Mom (Niagara Falls) called them and a friend here in Woodstock also kept an eye on them. The house was pretty tidy and I think they ate out more than use the tons of groceries I got in for them. Oh well, I won't have to shop this week!

We're already talking about "next year", so I've somehow got to start saving as well as send Dan to University!

I'll write a trip report shortly and tell you all about my solo adventure on the Greyhound bus trip down too, but if I can answer any questions, ask away!

Okay Sandra, when is the next meet in Mississauga and let's have a lunch meet at Limeridge Mall as soon as Sammi gets back!

Someone pinch me ~ I'm not really back already am I? :(

Welcome back!! I can't wait for the trip report.....its as close to Disney as I will get this year! Hope you had a great break!
Karen

Welcome home, Julie!! :)

It sounds like you had a very nice time. Did the bus trip go smoothly, would you do it again?

The time at WDW always seems to go too fast, doesn't it?

:)

GLAD YOUR ARE BACK! I can't wait to hear more about your trip! I would love another Mississauga DIS meet soon! We missed you around here! CHAT SOON! S

Can't wait to hear all about it! Maybe some day I will have the fortune to venture on my own.

Thanks for bringing back the gorgeous weather!;)

Scratch
:smooth:

Welcome back Julie, even if you don't want to be here!

Glad that you had a great time and I'll look forward to hearing more and seeing pics at the next meet.

Welcome back. Glad yyou had a good time.
Thanks for bringing some of the Florida sun and heat backwith you.

It being St. Patrick's Day... I'm green with envy from your trip. Hopefully Ryleigh's wish trip will be granted by next March so we can ESCAPE the cold weather too!
smiles,
Suzanne and Ryleigh

Welcome back!Sounds like you had a great time.I'm all for a lunch meet at Limeridge.I love hearing about trips.:D

WELCOME HOME!!!!!
Yes thank you for bringing the warm weather back- Did you bring Mickey too???
I'd like to hear more about the grey hound thing:confused:

Glad you had a great time!
Wendy

Glad to hear you had a good trip! You took the bus all the way to WDW??? Wow!! Can't wait to read your trip report!
Grover in Winnipeg
:)

LOL, yes I did take the Greyhound bus down and drove back with dh. I wanted to have a couple of extra days down there (it still wasn't enough, though) plus since we didn't have our leased van anymore, dh was planning on driving down in our older car and I was worried about it breaking down. It was a loooonnnnggg, tiring journey but except for a delay in Jacksonville, my bus trip went fairly smoothly. I'll write all the details in my trip report. Dh arrived a couple of days later and had no problems with the car. Not sure if I would take the bus again but it was certainly cheap enough at $200. return, although I didn't use the return portion. Depending on prices, I think we might fly the next time. We haven't done that in a while and I think we're due.

Welcome back. Sorry it's taken so long for the welcome but it's my first time on in forever. Dh had unexpected(and it turns out unnecessary) surgery so there was a lot of cuddoffle(is that a word) around here. Things are getting back to normal around here and evil person that I am, in the back of my mind I was glad that he decided to get sick now instead of in Aug. at vacation time.lol What a story for the next meet. I'm now re-evaluating my elective surgery-I'd never want to go thru what he went through. Talk soon.

Welcome back Julie. Havent been on all week what with the war and all. Glad you had a great time and the boys were fine. Hope to make the next Mississauga meet, we haven't seen anybody since Niagara Falls in December. Severe Disney withdrawal symptoms.

Re: "Severe Disney withdrawal symptoms." Me too Tony! :( Can't believe that a week has gone by already, since we left Disney.

Thanks for the welcomes back everyone! Hope to see many of you real soon! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter