HHN if you’re easily scared?

Diasmom

Mouseketeer
I hope this hasn’t been asked too many times. We are planning a trip to Orlando late Oct and my husband loves being scared. I really don’t! Has anyone ever attended a night and just done the rest of the park? I’ve never been and would like to see some of the Harry Potter theming but really don’t like jump scares.

In the past it would be tough to avoid - for examples clowns like to hide behind things and jump out at you with a chainsaw

Hard to say what it will be like this year with covid and all - but I would expect that at a minimum

Yeah, you will have to go through at least one scare zone before getting back to the Potter area. The scare zones, in the past, have had roaming characters, as well as hidden ones that jump or lean out to scare you.

If you are easily scared this is not the event for you. Book a nice dinner and let your husband go at it alone. The whole park has a very scary atmosphere, there is lots of partying and it is just not worth paying the money for something you will not enjoy.

I doubt the SAs will be approaching people like in previous years. They aren't even allowing contact with the characters yet - I can't see the actors being allowed to get in peoples faces.

I doubt the SAs will be approaching people like in previous years. They aren't even allowing contact with the characters yet - I can't see the actors being allowed to get in peoples faces.
Yeah - not going to be like it was in the past no doubt

I'll go against the crowd and say that we didn't think it was scary. Not even my little brother who was nervous.
Yeah - its been tamer each year for the last 5 or so year to be honest, but there are still a lot of folks that cant handle it.
Some of it does depend on the SA - but they are really not allowed to pick on one person like they might have done in the past.
The chainsaw clowns did get a lot of folks and it was fun to watch.
To me the scare zones have become less a scare zone and more of a selfie zone unfortunately

I remember when I first went in 2004...how scary the scarezones were and how they used to do a "funhouse" type house and an "adult themed" house. They still do the funhouse type but not so much of the other. If you want to know...the first house I ever went through was Disorientorium from HHN 2004. That house hooked me!

I hope this hasn’t been asked too many times. We are planning a trip to Orlando late Oct and my husband loves being scared. I really don’t! Has anyone ever attended a night and just done the rest of the park? I’ve never been and would like to see some of the Harry Potter theming but really don’t like jump scares.
Big difference between being “easily scared”…all the while expecting it & loving every minute of it

vs

not being a person who enjoys being “startled/scared”.

you could try to navigate the scare zones leading back to HP. hold onto your DHs arm and put your head down if needed, let him guide you.

if things get too overwhelming for you, could always let him go his way & meet up later. find yourself a seat at Finnegan’s or on a park bench as suggested above and enjoy the fun from a non-threatening distance.

You could buy the regular park to park ticket

Do the studios during the day which holds hhn beginning about 6 pm and switch to the other park IOA for fun there

UO closes to the public on hhn days at 5:00
And reopens anytime between 6 to 6:30 pm

There will be zero hhn action at IOA during day or evening

I too am easily scared and have never really enjoyed haunted houses. Went to HHN once in 2017 and had a great time, but only braved 1 house and was terrified. I'm a UOTM this year and was able to do the TM preview on Tuesday. Without going into details, I would recommend giving it a try. There are clear barriers between most (but not all) scarectors and guests so if you pay attention you can usually see where the scares are coming from. That said, quite a few still got me (there's a few places with no barrier), but not so much that I was miserable. The scare zones are great but there is plenty non scare zones to relax in. I also didn't notice them getting as up in your face as they used to and in many places they are up on stilts and platforms. Also there's 2 shows that are excellent and not scary, plus lots of food and drinks. The rides are usually walk ons. And if you're a Harry Potter fan, Diagon Alley will be open and mostly empty with NO scary stuff at all (not allowed). I had a great time and can't WAIT to go back when it's opened to the public!

I’ve never been and would like to see some of the Harry Potter theming but really don’t like jump scares.

Also the 3 scare zones between the front and Diagon are not terrifying. VERY cool makeup and costumes but not much intense scares. I'd recommend walking up on the sidewalks next to the buildings - gives them less places to sneak up on you from and they seem to stick mostly to the streets.
Diagon will be almost empty - great time to get a wand and try all the wand spots!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter