HHN and offsite hotel

sdw711

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever used an offsite hotel shuttle for after HHN? Was thinking of staying offsite since we are not doing parks during the day but wasn't sure if any of the offsite hotel shuttles operated that late. I was looking at the Home2suites hotel and others in that area. Thanks for any advice you may have.

Quite sure none operate that late. There are some close enough to walk (like Holiday Inn Across from Universal, the DoubleTree right across from that). The Endless Summer hotels are another option, they are pretty cheap.

Haven't tried a taxi, but Uber/Lyft are plentiful. Including late night. I have had no problems with midnight Uber rides back from the parks.

I usually stay at endless summer. Its just easier and you do get early park entry to one of the parks every day.
Also for HHN there is a hotel guest entrance so if you are not doing stay and scream it does get yo in quicker.
The buses are really good and seem to be almost non stop - very rare I had to wat for a bus, there is almost always one there. Even when it was crazy busy this past weekend the buses were great.

I've looked at staying as others and it never really seems to save money - especially when you are dealing with the buses. There will be taxis and uber but there will also be a ton of people using those.

Also if you need a larger room they have a room that is three beds a table, mid size refrigerator and one bathroom.
One of the beds is in its own room, the other two in the main room. I was very happy with the room.

I've often looks at tother options to try to save a few $ and to get free breakfast etc.. but in the end I'm not sure its really worth it, and you cant count on those shuttle buses IMO.

We stayed at the Best Western Orlando Gateway last year for HHN. It was myself (34) and my step-daughter (17). We walked next door to Dockside and hopped on the Universal buses. It just felt a little safer for us and we knew the Universal buses would be running after HHN. It was about a 2 minute walk through both parking lots. Our hotel offered free shuttles but they did not run that late on HHN nights. Our backup plan was an Uber!

We stayed in the doubletree across the street last year. It has a nice bridge that crosses over the interstate onto the walkway to citywalk

You guys are impressive. :worship: The walk back to the doubletree hotel area would’ve been too much for me in my prime, let alone now or after doing HHN with a few drinks in me.

Not uncommon for us to put on between 8 & 13 miles just doing HHN when staying onsite. Last thing I’d want is another walk out of the park on top of that.

For those considering booking those properties. Look at satellite Map, it’s further than you may think. I checked last year, & their shuttles don’t run that late.

We also have hit uber/lyft surge pricing heading back to WDW area at times, even a good hour before event close.

You guys are impressive. :worship: The walk back to the doubletree hotel area would’ve been too much for me in my prime, let alone now or after doing HHN with a few drinks in me.

Not uncommon for us to put on between 8 & 13 miles just doing HHN when staying onsite. Last thing I’d want is another walk out of the park on top of that.

For those considering booking those properties. Look at satellite Map, it’s further than you may think. I checked last year, & their shuttles don’t run that late.

We also have hit uber/lyft surge pricing heading back to WDW area at times, even a good hour before event close.
We don’t drink so that might help lol. But yes , it’s long but it was better than driving back to Disney hotel which is what we did two years ago. We decided to stay on property at hard rock this year. We wanted to be as close as possible for a change

Yeah - I had considered doubletree because of my Hilton Diamond status and then I watched the video of the walk and said - no thanks.

I would just price out all the onsite Universal resorts for your stay. There are plenty to choose from now for every wallet.

It will be nice after along night at HHN to get back to your resort without any hassle of worrying about transportation.

You will be happy you did.

I would just price out all the onsite Universal resorts for your stay. There are plenty to choose from now for every wallet.

It will be nice after along night at HHN to get back to your resort without any hassle of worrying about transportation.

You will be happy you did.
Yeah - I agree 100% - I have priced it out and its usually not cheaper - of course I have an AP and that helps.

No doubt I would get a nice upgrade and free breakfast at several of the hotels because of status, but again I just don't think its worth the hassle, but everyone has to decide for themselves. Early entry for the parks and the guest entry for HHN are nice perks as well.

BTW - I have heard some of these hotels are not good about letting you check in early and even charge you more to leave your bags - I've not run into that, but I have seen talk of it and that kept me from staying at some of the Hilton properties.

Yeah - I agree 100% - I have priced it out and its usually not cheaper - of course I have an AP and that helps.

No doubt I would get a nice upgrade and free breakfast at several of the hotels because of status, but again I just don't think its worth the hassle, but everyone has to decide for themselves. Early entry for the parks and the guest entry for HHN are nice perks as well.

BTW - I have heard some of these hotels are not good about letting you check in early and even charge you more to leave your bags - I've not run into that, but I have seen talk of it and that kept me from staying at some of the Hilton properties.
I know doubletree does not charge to hold your bags

We decided to stay on property at hard rock this year. We wanted to be as close as possible for a change
It’s our fav for HHN visits. Only issue is when it really rains the sidewalk area near security entrance dips a bit and we’ve waded thru ankle high water, including the grassy area.
Yeah - I had considered doubletree because of my Hilton Diamond status and then I watched the video of the walk and said - no thanks.

Lol I consider it long haul
even charge you more to leave your bags
Never thot any hotel would charge to hold bags pre checkin, that’s wild. Yikes

Never thot any hotel would charge to hold bags pre checkin, that’s wild. Yikes
Yeah - I think it was Home2Suites or one of those secondary brands - it was a Hilton owned one I know that.
I recall reading the review of how bad that staff was and they wanted to charge them to leave bags and would not let then check in early.

Regardless - the other big issue was the shuttle bus - you just cant count on it IMO - especially at HHN since they don't cover special events for those shuttles and I am not walking around Orlando at night no matter how safe people say it is.

We stayed at the Best Western Orlando Gateway last year for HHN. It was myself (34) and my step-daughter (17). We walked next door to Dockside and hopped on the Universal buses. It just felt a little safer for us and we knew the Universal buses would be running after HHN. It was about a 2 minute walk through both parking lots. Our hotel offered free shuttles but they did not run that late on HHN nights. Our backup plan was an Uber!
That’s a really good tip!

We are staying at Endless Summer - Surfside for HHN. I didn't want to have to worry about transportation but also wanted to keep it in budget. For 2 adults for 2 nights it was only $375.

I've considered this my self as well to be honest, but if too many people do it Universal may crack down - much like Disney and getting an Uber to the monorail hotels.
Perhaps. But surely Uni knows that folks from Cabana Bay, Aventura, & others walk over to use the water taxis which are supposed to only service Sapphire Falls, HRH, PB & RP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter