• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HHI What would you do?

KiminChicago

DIS Veteran
My DD is graduating from high school in May 2017. To celebrate DS's graduation (and our 20th wedding anniversary and DD's 16th birthday) we went to Aulani in July 2015. However, DD has her heart set on going to HHI in June 2017. She also wants to take along a friend who, in DD's words, "has never even seen an ocean." DS would also like to come and bring along his girlfriend and perhaps even his girlfriend's mother. With all these people coming along, I'm thinking that a GV is the way to go. However, our points are at AKV so I think it will be impossible for me to get a GV with the 7 month window. Another issue is that we will not have quite enough points to reserve the 5 nights (Sun-Thurs) stay that we'd want. I was looking at David's and if I rent out both my 2017 and 2018 points and then rented a five night stay in early June, the total cash difference would be around $514 dollars. Has anyone else ever done anything like this? Do you think it is possible to get a GV through David's for early June?

June will be a challenge to get a room at 7 months. It is premium time. There are only 4-5 Grand Villas.

My DD is graduating from high school in May 2017. To celebrate DS's graduation (and our 20th wedding anniversary and DD's 16th birthday) we went to Aulani in July 2015. However, DD has her heart set on going to HHI in June 2017. She also wants to take along a friend who, in DD's words, "has never even seen an ocean." DS would also like to come and bring along his girlfriend and perhaps even his girlfriend's mother. With all these people coming along, I'm thinking that a GV is the way to go. However, our points are at AKV so I think it will be impossible for me to get a GV with the 7 month window. Another issue is that we will not have quite enough points to reserve the 5 nights (Sun-Thurs) stay that we'd want. I was looking at David's and if I rent out both my 2017 and 2018 points and then rented a five night stay in early June, the total cash difference would be around $514 dollars. Has anyone else ever done anything like this? Do you think it is possible to get a GV through David's for early June?
I'm not sure the total number, it sounds like 7 at least. A 2 BR might work but a 2 BR plus a studio will likely be better and about the same price. You could reserve the 2 BR as it sounds like you'll have enough points to do that then rent for the studio. I know HH has limited studios but I'm not sure how close you can get a 2 BR to a studio.

The five GV each have a studio beneath them. Remaining studios are all in the Live Oak Lodge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter