HHI/Thanksgiving

SevenWonkas

Mouseketeer
Hello wonderful DIS'ers! I will be in Hilton Head for Thanksgiving, and hoped that some of you may be able to give me some ideas for Thanksgiving. We've heard Signe's is great.... But considering you pick up the meal on Wednesday, can someone tell me how well the meal reheats on Thursday? Any other tasty options? Either in a restaurant or at our resort. We do like a dinner with some variety though, so if it's just turkey and mashed potatoes, we wouldn't like that option!

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I'm trying to do this from my phone!

On another note, we are also staying at a Marriott Vacation Club resort, but y'all are so helpful I thought I would ask here too. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

HHI has been our Thanksgiving "go to" spot for the past 7 (very soon to be 8) years. The first year we got a precooked dinner from Piggly-Wiggly, then Signe's ever since. Signe's is called "The Love Bird", meant for just 2 people, so you get sliced turkey, not a whole one. It reheats fine for us. We spend Thanksgiving day watching football, and eating reheated in the microwave as the mood strikes us. After almost 60 years of Thanksgiving being a dress up, fine china, kinda day, we love this casual-ness. I think Frankie Bones has a precooked meal that's probably good-they're a good restaurant. Last year Salty Dog would deliver a meal, but I don't know yet about this year. I believe that besides Piggly Wiggly (RIP), there are at least a couple other grocery stores that have precooked dinners. And as time gets closer, keep an eye on the Island Packet newspaper for options.

I was doing some googling earlier today for HHI/thanksgiving simbas mom and a bunch of dis posts showed up. You're on all of them lol!

The brochure for signes says it serves 2 with leftovers. Would two love birds work for 5 adults? And a 2 year old. I worry that 3 may be too much food, but 2 may not be enough?

Thx for the scoop on the island packet. Does it normally list thanksgiving dinner info? When?

I am curious about options as well. We will be there for Thanksgiving and have no clue what we are going to do. We have never been there for any holiday before.

I was doing some googling earlier today for HHI/thanksgiving simbas mom and a bunch of dis posts showed up. You're on all of them lol!

The brochure for signes says it serves 2 with leftovers. Would two love birds work for 5 adults? And a 2 year old. I worry that 3 may be too much food, but 2 may not be enough?

Thx for the scoop on the island packet. Does it normally list thanksgiving dinner info? When?

There's also a post on this over at trip advisor. I believe Redfish and Robert Irving's "Eat" restaurants have listed so far. My opinion is that 2 Lovebirds would be fine for 5 adults and a 2 yo. The two of us get two meals out of one Love Bird, and still have a few leftovers. Unfortunately, we always have to fly home Friday, or I bet we could get 3 meals we leave so much!

check out Wild Wings Cafe web site. They will deep fry a turkey for you with your favorite Wild Wing Flavor!!!

I ordered two love birds today. Yum!! Wild wings sounds awesome too!!

Hey Simba's Mom... What's the weather usually like when you are in HHI for thanksgiving? I'm obviously not expecting summer weather, but I'm hoping it's better than Ohio weather!

I just got a letter in the mail about catering from Hugo's. Anyone done that before? We are looking for something easy, but good. We are a family of 7, including an infant so looking to get something delivered or close by for pick up

Hey Simba's Mom... What's the weather usually like when you are in HHI for thanksgiving? I'm obviously not expecting summer weather, but I'm hoping it's better than Ohio weather!

DH and I were just talking about that. One year it was literally freezing on Thanksgiving-ice and sleet. Another time we spent the afternoon in the hot tub (and we're wimps who won't consider swimming in less than 85 degree temperatures). So we've had pretty big swings-we never know what to expect!

One Hot Mamas BBQ has smoked and fried turkeys prepared for Thanksgiving. You can purchase a whole prepared meal or just turkeys' some sides or dessert.
They sell out each year so you should check their website soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter