HHI requests and a ?

gopherit

I'm not in the book, you know.
We leave this wkend for HHI... all I requested was 2BR NS med reasons, mainly because I had no clue what else I would want, LOL! Is it better to be on the 2nd floor vs 1st? WOuld it be better to be near the pool? Or the Lodge? No idea -- and probably too late to bother MS with a request now anyway, right? THey may very well have our room pre-determined by now, huh. But if on some off-the-wall chance I am given a choice at check-in (we will check in around 11 am Sunday), what SHOULD I go for?

Note that we have 3 kids (10,9, and 5) who wil be very into biking, pool, beach, and anything else HHI has to offer.

THANKS!

I don't think your room has already been preassigned. When we checked in, my DH was given a choice of rooms and also told what time they expected each room to be ready. DH chose the room he felt was the best marsh view (building 29 for us) and was told it wouldn't be ready until about 4:30 that day.

The resort is small so no matter where you stay, it's easy to get around.

Personally, I would not want a room which faced the pool. With my DS5, I could imagine him always wanted to be in the pool and hearing about it all of the time. The pool is also busy most nights. The nights we swam there, it was still crowded when it closed at 10 p.m. May not be a big thing to so, it could be to others.

Every room we've stayed in has been nice. We've never had a room we didn't like the view. Having a balcony facing inwards was nice when my DS10 was younger. I could sit on the balcony, he could ride his bike around and I could still keep an eye on him.

It's getting close now for you. Have a great trip.

cgcw said:
The resort is small so no matter where you stay, it's easy to get around....

Personally, I would not want a room which faced the pool....

Every room we've stayed in has been nice....

Have a great trip.

I totally agree with all the above. The biggest decision would be 1st floor vs. 2nd floor. We like the 1st floor because we tend to bring a lot of stuff with us and don't like to carry it up and down the extra flight of stairs. However, we have had families who sounded like a herd of elephants above us on several occasions. :crazy:

For the 2nd floor, you don't have to worry about the sounds from above, but will your family be the one that bothers the family below? :blush: The buildings are not very soundproofed, so even if you think you're not making noise, the family downstairs may still hear you.

As far as building location...if you're closer to the pool and pier, you're farther away from Big Murggie's den (cookies and lemonade in the afternoon!) and the shuttle to the beach. Since the resort is relatively small, even if you're at one far end, it's not that far to the other end.

I have stayed poolside during the fall, when the pool is not jammed all day long and liked it then; it's real convenient for the kids. But in the summer, it's too noisy for us.

Whatever you end up with, have a great trip!!!

Disneyaholic said:
I totally agree with all the above. The biggest decision would be 1st floor vs. 2nd floor. We like the 1st floor because we tend to bring a lot of stuff with us and don't like to carry it up and down the extra flight of stairs. However, we have had families who sounded like a herd of elephants above us on several occasions. :crazy:

Oh yeah, I forgot about 1st floor vs. 2nd floor. We've always stayed on the first floor -- which my older DS asked me this trip why it was a 1st floor and still had a flight of stairs to get up to. :confused3 Those hurricane have a way of changing things.

The family (or families) above us this past week were very quiet. We never had a problem with them. We thought it might be empty but would hear them casually about 10:30 p.m. or so coming home. No big deal. Just strange we didn't hear them during the day.

The thought of walking up 2 flights of stairs all day long is not really appealing to me. :crazy2:

Gopherit,

As others have mentioned the resort is not too spread out, so walking from one end to the other really isn’t bad. We’ve only been there once and we were in a one bedroom in the Live Oak Lodge. That was a great location. I’d stay there again (not sure if any 2BR are there though) or try to get a marsh/creek view. Best to you on your trip, look forward to reading about it after you get back.

Peace,
G4L

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter