• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

New site member here. Bought 150 resale points 15 years ago. That gave us enough points for trips 2 out of 3 years. Decided on our last trip in May we wanted to go every year. Great trip! Started looking for points on the way home. 2 Days later found a 75 point contract. Just waiting to close right now. Not as interested in WDW as were were at one time. This should work well for us.

New site member here. Bought 150 resale points 15 years ago. That gave us enough points for trips 2 out of 3 years. Decided on our last trip in May we wanted to go every year. Great trip! Started looking for points on the way home. 2 Days later found a 75 point contract. Just waiting to close right now. Not as interested in WDW as were were at one time. This should work well for us.
Glad to hear that ("trips every 2 years out of 3") worked about as well for you as it did for us. We initially bought so we could go for a week every other year. What were we thinking? It didn't take long to learn that every other year just wasn't going to do it, but for us, it took 8 months to find a contract in our UY. Then DH retired and our week has become more like 10-12 days. DH has already admitted that he much prefers HHI to WDW. Less planning, more real "vacationing."

Glad to hear that ("trips every 2 years out of 3") worked about as well for you as it did for us. We initially bought so we could go for a week every other year. What were we thinking? It didn't take long to learn that every other year just wasn't going to do it, but for us, it took 8 months to find a contract in our UY. Then DH retired and our week has become more like 10-12 days. DH has already admitted that he much prefers HHI to WDW. Less planning, more real "vacationing."

Yes, it did work well for a while and I think that it's the beauty of the program. You can buy smaller contracts and go less frequently. It was a good way to start. Wish our new contract matched our existing use year, but I was too impatient, and on my HH high. I think the new one will work fine though. We rotate family members when we travel. This year our 5 yr old grand daughter proclaimed she was never leaving HH. Our vacation consists of beach, pool, shower, eat, repeat... Love it.

We are at dhhir and noticed the disney resort channels are not working in all of the rooms. (They are working in the lodge tv)

18-disney/fireworks/50th, 19-dvc, and 20-dhhir

(We always enjoy listening to the 20-dhhir channel with the music and times for dhhir)

Fyi, the refurb has not started on rooms. Only in cast member areas right now in the lodge.

Last edited:
(We always enjoy listening to the 20-dhhir channel with the music and times for dhhir)
I'm such a geek-one year it was our anniversary, they put it on that resort channel and I took a picture of it. I love to watch that.

Well they do clean the fish in the waters by Hudson's, which kind of invites the sharks there. But as far as the shark bite, even though it has happened before, it's still scary.

I'm here now! : D Room was ready fairly quickly and it's a marsh view (kind of). The room looks way better than the one I was in last year. I don't believe it was refurbed but it is cleaner and none of the drawers look like they're literally falling apart.

Also they got rid of the breakfast buffet and now you can order everything a la carte. IMO I'm happy about that - the buffet was bad and not worth the money. Reception from the beach house is still nonexistent, so nothing has changed from last year.

Photos from my room~

Attachments

• 20230805_141653.jpg
    20230805_141653.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230805_141706.jpg
    20230805_141706.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230805_141711.jpg
    20230805_141711.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 19
I'm here now! : D Room was ready fairly quickly and it's a marsh view (kind of). The room looks way better than the one I was in last year. I don't believe it was refurbed but it is cleaner and none of the drawers look like they're literally falling apart.

Also they got rid of the breakfast buffet and now you can order everything a la carte. IMO I'm happy about that - the buffet was bad and not worth the money. Reception from the beach house is still nonexistent, so nothing has changed from last year.

Photos from my room~
Definitely counts as a marsh view! Actually, one of the underrated spots at HHI, and it's obviously high tide or close to it in the pics.

Definitely counts as a marsh view! Actually, one of the underrated spots at HHI, and it's obviously high tide or close to it in the pics.
I'm in building 11 and last year I was in 12, so I enjoy being in the lobby building. I love the elevators and the view is pretty chill.

I also noticed that there is a lot more resort specific merchandise in the gift shop. Last year there was....absolutely nothing.

Beautiful view! We've had that villa(I think-I'm not 100% sure the view is from that specific villa or the one next to it). Of all the villas we've had over 20 years, we rate that the best view. I remember one year, I was in a wheelchair because I'd fractured my pelvis days before our trip. But I can still remember trying so hard to get my wheelchair over the "lip" at the door and squeeze out to the balcony (didn't work) to get myself out to enjoy the beautiful view from the balcony. Enjoy!

Photos from my room~
Love that view! I’ve had that one before perfect for watching the boaters come in/out! We also saw gators down there.

Beautiful view! We've had that villa(I think-I'm not 100% sure the view is from that specific villa or the one next to it). Of all the villas we've had over 20 years, we rate that the best view. I remember one year, I was in a wheelchair because I'd fractured my pelvis days before our trip. But I can still remember trying so hard to get my wheelchair over the "lip" at the door and squeeze out to the balcony (didn't work) to get myself out to enjoy the beautiful view from the balcony. Enjoy!

Love that view! I’ve had that one before perfect for watching the boaters come in/out! We also saw gators down there.
I haven't even been here for 24 hours and I already saw 2 gators, a raccoon family and a dolphin.

I had the room directly below this one a few years ago but I like being on a higher floor.

I haven't even been here for 24 hours and I already saw 2 gators, a raccoon family and a dolphin.

I had the room directly below this one a few years ago but I like being on a higher floor.
Just curious, where did you see the gators? I've heard that there's been a marked increase in gators on the entire island in the last few years-I think I read it on a Facebook HHI group. DH and I see gators every year, but usually just on the golf courses, rarely anywhere else.

Just curious, where did you see the gators? I've heard that there's been a marked increase in gators on the entire island in the last few years-I think I read it on a Facebook HHI group. DH and I see gators every year, but usually just on the golf courses, rarely anywhere else.
Both gators were right outside my room/building. One was closer to the hotel across the water and the other was near the grill directly below my room.

Good news is that I saw about 7 dolphins at the beach this morning. And the beach house is doing frequent room key checks. Saw many families not staying at the resort get kicked out. Never seen that before.

After years of trying to get in at HHI, we finally secured a cash room a few weeks back. I did some research, found some fun activities for the family, and we hit the beach on occasion. But it was the relaxation of the resort, the beautiful area it is located, and the activities around the island that my kids fell in love with. Riding their rented bikes, swimming all day and into the night, daily cookies, bocci and corn hole, trivia, and of course, Mickey Bars. We have traveled to many destinations, been on countless cruises, visited the parks more times than I can count, but this place really felt like a vacation - and everyone I the family had the same feeling. Within hours of coming home, I was on the resale market board and made an offer for DVC with HHI as the home resort. Today, passed the ROFR. Only a few hours from our home, it's the perfect location, has everything we look for in a destination, and gave me a good reason to grab a DVC contract here. We look forward to many more visits in the years ahead.

Anyone know if there is still coffee at the Lodge check in area in the morning? Haven’t been here since pre Covid, there used to be which was such a nice touch. If not, what time does Tide Me Over open in the morning, 8 or 9?! Studios have coffee machines with pot, no Keurigs correct? Thanks in advance😎😁

After years of trying to get in at HHI, we finally secured a cash room a few weeks back. I did some research, found some fun activities for the family, and we hit the beach on occasion. But it was the relaxation of the resort, the beautiful area it is located, and the activities around the island that my kids fell in love with. Riding their rented bikes, swimming all day and into the night, daily cookies, bocci and corn hole, trivia, and of course, Mickey Bars. We have traveled to many destinations, been on countless cruises, visited the parks more times than I can count, but this place really felt like a vacation - and everyone I the family had the same feeling. Within hours of coming home, I was on the resale market board and made an offer for DVC with HHI as the home resort. Today, passed the ROFR. Only a few hours from our home, it's the perfect location, has everything we look for in a destination, and gave me a good reason to grab a DVC contract here. We look forward to many more visits in the years ahead.
Now you make me wanna buy a HHI resale!!!

Anyone know if there is still coffee at the Lodge check in area in the morning? Haven’t been here since pre Covid, there used to be which was such a nice touch. If not, what time does Tide Me Over open in the morning, 8 or 9?! Studios have coffee machines with pot, no Keurigs correct? Thanks in advance😎😁
Tide me Over opens at 8 am and I didn't see any coffee in the lodge. They had lemon water and cookies from 3 pm-5 pm though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter