• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

Don’t know. Just that they’re not currently taking reservations. I have a bunch of one night reservations during that timeframe too as we travel too and from WDW 3 more trips this year. I’m sure they are working on where people are going to be placed in each section Around building closures. I did see something that they were starting with the lodge and that area of rooms. I’ll be there in two weeks to post, but I’m sure others will keep us up to date
What I was told in March is that they are starting with the other end of the resort (around Building 30). I think sleepydog25 also reported that as well.

First Disney HHI stay coming up in a four weeks and I have a few questions if anyone can help! Or if there’s a better thread for it please direct me towards that.

We visit vero beach every year but in the summer the noseeums are SO bad. Does Hilton head have a similar problem?

Are there two bedroom rooms in every building or only some?

Has the June activities calendar been shared? Back read but didn’t see it.

Has anyone seen the QS menus online anywhere?
Enjoy your trip!
1. Hhi does not seem to have that problem?
2. 2 bedrooms in each building except 11 and 12.
3. I think june is on the first page, 2nd post.
4. Signals and tide me over have similar menus. I will look to find one.

Enjoy your trip!
1. Hhi does not seem to have that problem?
2. 2 bedrooms in each building except 11 and 12.
3. I think june is on the first page, 2nd post.
4. Signals and tide me over have similar menus. I will look to find one.
Really appreciate your help. I see an activity calendar from may 2021 but that’s it!

First Disney HHI stay coming up in a four weeks and I have a few questions if anyone can help! Or if there’s a better thread for it please direct me towards that.

We visit vero beach every year but in the summer the noseeums are SO bad. Does Hilton head have a similar problem?

I know others have commented, but here are my thoughts...
1) Noseeums--they exist but aren't as bad as VB, especially at the beach. Still, if you're hanging around the resort, you might want to consider a bit of bug repellent. If the weather is calm, humid, and warm, mosquitoes and noseeums can get annoying.
2) 2BRs are in every building except 11 and 12. 11 is the main lodge where the check in desk is located; 12 is connected to 11 and shares the elevator.
3) The menus vary, so what is there now might not be in four weeks. Tide Me Over has traditional breakfast items and Mickey waffles (usually freshly made) and then sandwiches, finger foods, typical QS fare from lunch through closing, while Surfmen's Sand Bar has a limited menu with a couple of sandwiches and wraps, kids' stuff, and adult beverages.
4) The activity calendar comes out weekly. Here's the current one: 1687730046136.png

1) Noseeums--they exist but aren't as bad as VB, especially at the beach. Still, if you're hanging around the resort, you might want to consider a bit of bug repellent. If the weather is calm, humid, and warm, mosquitoes and noseeums can get annoying.
2) 2BRs are in every building except 11 and 12. 11 is the main lodge where the check in desk is located; 12 is connected to 11 and shares the elevator.
3) The menus vary, so what is there now might not be in four weeks. Tide Me Over has traditional breakfast items and Mickey waffles (usually freshly made) and then sandwiches, finger foods, typical QS fare from lunch through closing, while Surfmen's Sand Bar has a limited menu with a couple of sandwiches and wraps, kids' stuff, and adult beverages.
4) The activity calendar comes out weekly. Here's the current one: View attachment 770959
Thanks for most recent calendar. I can’t believe they don’t do nighttime movies!

Here's more of the activities sheet for this week:
1687776142121.png

1687776227482.png
The bottom left panel is part of the naturalist's activity guide--I just didn't include the first page of it as it mainly talked about local facts re: turtles, the weekly tide chart (which changes, obviously), and certain animals and aquatic fowl you may see.

Just found out that the Shelter Cove side of DHHIR is 15.86 acres and Beach House side is 3.79 acres.

I am curious of how much Disney paid the Greenwood Company for DHHIR?

I was trying to read the deed, but I got confused about the 2042 date.

Does Disney own the property or is it leased from the Greenwood Company?

1687871965658.png

Last edited:
Interesting facts from the deeds:

I read that Disney has rights to a few boat slips in the Shelter Cove Harbor. (Deed has the numbers listed.)

First deeds were recorded on 9/27/1995.

GIS shows the tax plat of DHHIR. They may still own a membership at Harbour Town as well.

Looks like the opening price per point was around 62? (smallest deed found was 25 points)

Does anyone know the minimum to purchase when DHHIR opened?

Last edited:
We arrive July 8th! I forgot about the weekly fireworks ! It’s been awhile since we’ve been there in the summer!

Interesting facts from the deeds:

I read that Disney has rights to a few boat slips in the Shelter Cove Harbor. (Deed has the numbers listed.)

First deeds were recorded on 9/27/1995.

GIS shows the tax plat of DHHIR. They may still own a membership at Harbour Town as well.

Looks like the opening price per point was around 62? (smallest deed found was 25 points)

Does anyone know the minimum to purchase when DHHIR opened?
I'm shocked the resort is a total of 15 acres--doesn't seem that big, nor does the Beach House seem to incorporate 3 acres. And, yes, Disney does have a few boat slips as once upon a time, they used to operate their own sightseeing/nature tours from there.

1687960521493.png1687960553063.png
Found this in the 2022 HHI Marketing Guide made by the College of Charleston.

Attachments

• 70890138403__8ADAC633-5EAF-4F3A-9933-1CB68B0EBB43.jpeg
    70890138403__8ADAC633-5EAF-4F3A-9933-1CB68B0EBB43.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5477.jpeg
    IMG_5477.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 32
4) The activity calendar comes out weekly. Here's the current one: View attachment 770959
When you say 2BR do you mean dedicated? We just left 1224 and it was a 1BR with what was very clearly a lock off door to make it a 2BR configuration. The room next to us was a studio as well.

Was current as of a week ago

When you say 2BR do you mean dedicated? We just left 1224 and it was a 1BR with what was very clearly a lock off door to make it a 2BR configuration. The room next to us was a studio as well.
Yes, dedicated. DHHIR does have those lock off rooms, correct, but they almost never use them as such. The only times they do that is when there is a larger family, and some of the family members need HA access and the elevator. That is more rare than you might think. I can only think of a handful of times they opened those up as a lock off 2BR when I worked there for a couple of years. If you're not needing (and I do mean needing not wanting) HA access and/or the elevator and you request a 2BR, you will invariably get one of the 2BRs in Bldgs 14-31. pirate:

In September, we will be at Old Key West resort for a few days before we drive up to HHI. Can we use the refillable resort mugs from OKW at HHI?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter