• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

Have any of you HHI Lovers ever been at HHI on New Year’s Eve?? Is there anything special going on in Hilton Head for NYE??
We just got our wait-list for a Studio there on 12/31/23 (breaking up the drive from MD on our way to BCV on 1/1/24). We typically don’t even stay up until midnight on NYE anymore, but I’m curious as to what HHI might have to offer.
We will be staying at DHHIR on NYE this year! (We stayed there last year as well)
The christmas decorations were still up last year at DHHIR and on the island.
Many of the restaurants do specials and events for NYE. The resort had some small events.
We enjoyed our stay and would recommend it!

We actually did the opposite. We knew we wanted to do HHI as often as possible - its a much easier drive for us than Orlando - but we wanted to be able to go to WDW once in a while. We knew our options would be better trading in to WDW than into HHI. (We were told by another TS company that a very high % of HHI TS owners occupy their resorts). We've never had an issue trading into WDW with our HHI pts. as long as we weren't really picky about where we stayed.

We have since added on at BRV and BWV now that we have grandkids.

ETA: We actually saw an alligator near Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge last summer. We've never seen one near DHHIR but have seen many around the island. Even saw a little one pulled from the ocean.
We did the same.
Bought at DVC at HHI for home resort and use some points at WDW at 7 months.
Use HHI points at 11 months since studios are hard to get.

Have any of you HHI Lovers ever been at HHI on New Year’s Eve?? Is there anything special going on in Hilton Head for NYE??
We just got our wait-list for a Studio there on 12/31/23 (breaking up the drive from MD on our way to BCV on 1/1/24). We typically don’t even stay up until midnight on NYE anymore, but I’m curious as to what HHI might have to offer.
Yes! We spent this past New Year's Eve at Disney's Hilton Head.

I can't speak to what local activities the island might offer, but Disney has a Noon Year's Eve bash. They hand out cardboard NYE hats, beaded necklaces, and noisemakers to everyone. Just before noon, everyone gathers at the pool to countdown the dropping of a large beach ball from a pole. Pluto came out (wearing winter gear) and took pictures and started a conga line with guests.

At 4:30pm, they had cocoa and s'mores at the campfire pit. It was rainy and cold all day, so we took our hot chocolate and s'mores kit to-go.

At 5:00pm, they had a paid 'Sparkling Hour' for adults. We did not attend, but for $30 per person, it's basically wine, snacks, games. This is the resort's last planned activity for the night.

At midnight, we could hear fireworks and cheers from the marina area. The resort stayed mostly quiet, although we briefly went outside to make some noise!

We will be staying at DHHIR on NYE this year! (We stayed there last year as well)
The christmas decorations were still up last year at DHHIR and on the island.
Many of the restaurants do specials and events for NYE. The resort had some small events.
We enjoyed our stay and would recommend it!

Yes! We spent this past New Year's Eve at Disney's Hilton Head.

I can't speak to what local activities the island might offer, but Disney has a Noon Year's Eve bash. They hand out cardboard NYE hats, beaded necklaces, and noisemakers to everyone. Just before noon, everyone gathers at the pool to countdown the dropping of a large beach ball from a pole. Pluto came out (wearing winter gear) and took pictures and started a conga line with guests.

At 4:30pm, they had cocoa and s'mores at the campfire pit. It was rainy and cold all day, so we took our hot chocolate and s'mores kit to-go.

At 5:00pm, they had a paid 'Sparkling Hour' for adults. We did not attend, but for $30 per person, it's basically wine, snacks, games. This is the resort's last planned activity for the night.

At midnight, we could hear fireworks and cheers from the marina area. The resort stayed mostly quiet, although we briefly went outside to make some noise!

Thank you both for the feedback.
I don't think we will make it there by NOON, as we spend the 30th in NC about 6 hours away, but the other activities sound like fun!
I am praying for better weather this time around; the only other time we stopped at HHI enroute to WDW we experienced a freak ice storm and the entire island was shutdown for the entire 3 days we were there.

#12 on the Travel and Leisure list for 2022 for families!
https://www.travelandleisure.com/best-us-resorts-for-families-7369034
Doesn't read like a descending order list, so no issues with all these on first blush. However, I'd say DHHIR is a way better choice for kids than VB. VB beach is at the resort but it ain't pristine and the water can be rough. Other than onsite and a couple of fast food-style joints, no place to eat unless you drive 15-20 minutes. No real bike paths, and the property doesn't have the same lovely landscaping as does DHHIR. Hands down, DHHIR is better. pirate:

Doesn't read like a descending order list, so no issues with all these on first blush. However, I'd say DHHIR is a way better choice for kids than VB. VB beach is at the resort but it ain't pristine and the water can be rough. Other than onsite and a couple of fast food-style joints, no place to eat unless you drive 15-20 minutes. No real bike paths, and the property doesn't have the same lovely landscaping as does DHHIR. Hands down, DHHIR is better
Sounds like DHHIR is the perfect place for families! My family loves the resort and HHI.

Doesn't read like a descending order list, so no issues with all these on first blush. However, I'd say DHHIR is a way better choice for kids than VB. VB beach is at the resort but it ain't pristine and the water can be rough. Other than onsite and a couple of fast food-style joints, no place to eat unless you drive 15-20 minutes. No real bike paths, and the property doesn't have the same lovely landscaping as does DHHIR. Hands down, DHHIR is better. pirate:

Ha ha, don’t tell me these things now 🫣 I’m taking two teenage boys who have been going to HHI for years to Vero this summer. I hope they don’t hate me for it LOL

Ha ha, don’t tell me these things now 🫣 I’m taking two teenage boys who have been going to HHI for years to Vero this summer. I hope they don’t hate me for it LOL
Well, to be fair, it's like choosing between two great options, only I like one more than the other. I'm sure they'll like the proximity to the beach, the pool, and perhaps the activities. I enjoyed my visit there.

In case no one has posted, the inventory at HH has been pulled for all three room levels from September through the end of January. It was like that yesterday and now today. Guessing rooms can’t be booked now until February 2024. The refurb is suppose to start July 23 according to several posts today.

In case no one has posted, the inventory at HH has been pulled for all three room levels from September through the end of January. It was like that yesterday and now today. Guessing rooms can’t be booked now until February 2024. The refurb is suppose to start July 23 according to several posts today.
I am hoping it is a glitch because this happened last May for Vero. All of a sudden one day like 4 months were completely gone. After almost a week, the system went back to normal. So weird.

I don’t understand.
I have an HHI booking in that time span.
Are you saying they are at max capacity for then, based on the anticipated refurb plans??

I don’t understand.
Are you saying they are at max capacity for then, based on the anticipated refurb plans??
That’s my guess. We have a week booked at Christmas. I was hoping to have a full resort to watch everyone enjoying the holidays

I don’t understand.
Don’t know. Just that they’re not currently taking reservations. I have a bunch of one night reservations during that timeframe too as we travel too and from WDW 3 more trips this year. I’m sure they are working on where people are going to be placed in each section Around building closures. I did see something that they were starting with the lodge and that area of rooms. I’ll be there in two weeks to post, but I’m sure others will keep us up to date

I have not seen any HA studio for HHI for a long time now. I was able to get a HA one bedroom for May finally.

Don’t know. Just that they’re not currently taking reservations. I have a bunch of one night reservations during that timeframe too as we travel too and from WDW 3 more trips this year. I’m sure they are working on where people are going to be placed in each section Around building closures. I did see something that they were starting with the lodge and that area of rooms. I’ll be there in two weeks to post, but I’m sure others will keep us up to date
Inquiring minds wonder what has happened or will happen to anyone who's been on the waiting list for a villa during the time period where there is suddenly no availability. Are they being called and told "Forget it!", because of the refurbishment or are they just still on the waiting list? And if the second, maybe it's just Disney's IT creating this problem. Frankly, based on our experiences, I'm very surprised. We've been there a few times in the beginning of December, and when I tell the front desk "I wish we didn't have to leave", they often point out that "Well, if you want to stay, we do have availability tomorrow!" In other words, that time has never been full.
n2mm, please do let us know what you see/hear when you're there. Act nosey!
Thanks!

First Disney HHI stay coming up in a four weeks and I have a few questions if anyone can help! Or if there’s a better thread for it please direct me towards that.

We visit vero beach every year but in the summer the noseeums are SO bad. Does Hilton head have a similar problem?

Are there two bedroom rooms in every building or only some?

Has the June activities calendar been shared? Back read but didn’t see it.

Has anyone seen the QS menus online anywhere?

Last edited:
Inquiring minds wonder what has happened or will happen to anyone who's been on the waiting list for a villa during the time period where there is suddenly no availability. Are they being called and told "Forget it!", because of the refurbishment or are they just still on the waiting list? And if the second, maybe it's just Disney's IT creating this problem. Frankly, based on our experiences, I'm very surprised. We've been there a few times in the beginning of December, and when I tell the front desk "I wish we didn't have to leave", they often point out that "Well, if you want to stay, we do have availability tomorrow!" In other words, that time has never been full.
n2mm, please do let us know what you see/hear when you're there. Act nosey!
Thanks!

I *think* when they dump availability back, they will fill waitlists first. I say this only because we had a Beach Club wait list come through for Spring Break 2023. It happened right around the time they were finishing up certain sections of the refurb there and dumping availability back in to the system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter