*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

That is interesting. We did a Behind the Ears tour in Jan 2021 and enjoyed it. (I do not remember this part though!)
I wonder if this is the same Carol that drives for DHHIR?
I don't think so. I think she left about 10 years ago.

Does anyone know what the current toiletry brand is? Are they still burning through H2O products, or is it now something else? (And if so, how’s the quality?)

Friends are getting there on Sunday. Are the grills now Propane? We had charcoal ones.

I think DHHIR has charcoal and propane grills available now.
Correct. There are near equal numbers of both--six or seven of each scattered throughout the resort, including the large brick grill (charcoal) off Big Murggie's Den. Don't forget you can ask the front desk to have grilling tools delivered to your room! Those include large-handled tongs, two-prong fork, and spatula.

Thank you!

My friend was with me at HHI last March, and it seemed like it would be a good fit for her family. We didn’t do an official transfer, but she’s booked some stays for us, and I booked next week for her family there.

Last edited:
My friends report!

We are in Live Oak Lodge on the top floor. 1137. Great views. The boys are loving it as are the adults. Hope your vacation is just as good.

It would be hard to fathom them only doing one building at a time; then again, I never thought they'd start in high season, either, so who knows? pirate:

Think stonewashed colors of drab gray, brown, light brown, foam green. . .with accent pieces in the form of light shades, curtains, and the ubiquitous paintings of Disney characters on the walls and the Murphy bed.
I just want the blinds on the balcony doors not to be the PULL PULL PULL PULL [scraping sounds] kind. Just change that and I will be happy 😆

We just returned and I asked Joe (one of my favorite CMs) about the refurb. Said that it will start in July (I know crazy time to start) and will start with Live Oak Lodge.
I LOVE the CMs at DHHIR - simply the best!!!!:-)

We just returned and I asked Joe (one of my favorite CMs) about the refurb. Said that it will start in July (I know crazy time to start) and will start with Live Oak Lodge.
I LOVE the CMs at DHHIR - simply the best!!!!:-)
I hope that is the case! We will be there at the end of August and will more than likely be in the lodge. Hopefully if they start early July it will be done by the time we arrive. The CM I talked to last month said that they plan to start at the back of the resort (as in Building 31) and move toward the lodge, which is the opposite of what Joe told you.

I just tried to book 4 nights in HHI, HA one bedroom, for March 3-8 2024, and Waitlist only. Since sometime in February 2024, all HA 1 bedrooms not available. Does anyone know why?? I tried for HA studio, same thing.

A regular 2 bedroom had availability, but I can’t do steps! Yikes. :worried:

1680815131142.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter